Why are Rei's scenes consistently the best?

Why are Rei's scenes consistently the best?

the one where she's awkwardly silent

>tumblr
sure sounds like NGE

I guess there is a sense of dread? i think
and rejection
that is shared by all of this shows

steven kind of deals with this more sweetly i guess
and tries to soothe? the feeling with good vibes

you do know that the end of TGWTDT was about lisbeth wishing to love bloomkvist but feeling rejected by him already having a woman.

also sorry for all the question marks
english no bueno

>When are you going to finish your discussion of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sup Forums?

>how many years has it been now?

well im sorry i cant move 2 of my fingers

>my vagina when he says Rei is his favorite girl

You do have bad english, huh? It's no biggie though, but do you really think two question marks is enough to warrant an apology for using said marks?

i didnt want an apology
i wanted a proper word
sorry

They're subtle, impacting and avoids falling into the pit of anime cliches with over-expressive facial expressions and shouting.

Rei is pure kino.

Wait, were you apologizing for not enough question marks?

ARGHHHHHH
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!!!!
not really

it took a while but eventually i got over the waif schtick and realized Misato is best girl.

Chillax with the exclamation marks, yo.

Those two don't fit mane. You can't go around pickin' best girls and say you're over the "waif shtick".

That said, you know Rei is the best girl. No matter how much Misato pretends, she's not getting any younger.

>girl
She's practically thirty already. She's a woman already.

ok

This famiglia.

>ywn get wildly drunk with her and fuck like rabbits

haven't watched eva in a while. was misato sterile?
>she probably wanted children

Yeah, wanted to bang them.

Where are the nipples?

Not at all, she probably had her bio-clock going off like crazy.

>if 3rd impact hadn't happened she probably would have gotten shinji to knock her up

they don't have those in japan.

Get with it

there are no nipples in heaven
lel

They remind you of Rose.

I vaguely recollect a scene where she wants children or laments not having them or something. I think it happened when her and Ritsuko where drinking and beaking eachother.

>tfw this was the very first episode of Eva I saw in the fifth grade...

Her scenes tend to be really great, but she's probably my least "favorite" of the main cast.

I understood the part Rei played in the series, and I don't think she was a poorly constructed or useless character, but I personally never felt too invested in her character herself. While all of the characters contribute to the overall narrative and themes of the show, or to push the plot forward in some small, unique way, I just felt she was too instrumental in her purpose of pushing the plot forward.

That is obviously the point of her narrative, especially in regards to her final actions, but I felt, from a purely personal standpoint when I watched the series, less interested in how Rei's story was going to proceed and eventually end, though I was very satisfied with the ending.

Still, a really fantastic character concept for the series, and well done execution.

So, your complaint is that Rei's character is... too important and too great?

Man, what's wrong with you waifufags? Stop being jealous of Rei already!

In the lift?

Still, this riddle goes unanswered.

Notice how the lines on the ground makes it out to be in a stadium or sports arena.

Who cares, Asuka is a walking failure.

anno does it again!!
thats actually nice

i want to say yes and no
i know that it can actually trigger growth
but its a chance thing
btw this can happen to men

Men don't have breasts, user.

>waifu
>posts 3DPD
>dancing

not with that attitude

its something about triggering the mammal glands in men. if you do, you can technically grow breasts.

>too important
Yes, in a sense, but her quality as a character didn't end up suffering for that distinction in the end.

So what's the problem?

Yeah, some times you forget just how amazing the original Rei is.

Misato is a hurt dog who uses men as a coping mechanism for her father's abandonment

She's infantile and mentally unstable, but so are all of the women on the show basically

Except Ibuki, she's pure

Sup Forums rejects belong on Sup Forums

>A disgraced Eva pilot comes to your house and won't stop playing your sega

What do you do?

>Sup Forums rejects belong on Sup Forums
I mean
you are not wrong

kman man

Kick that bitch cunt out.

Rei is an underappreciated character in a sense. A hell of a lot less cliche than Asuka. The DC cut of her battle with the Angel is great.

take care of her until her smile comes back then I can devote my life to protecting that smile

>Neon Genesis
>Sega Genesis

Wait a minute... I might be on to something here.

Like I said, no problem. Honestly a really great character.

I was just more personally invested in the rest of the main casts' struggles and developments throughout the series, though I don't think any less of Rei's own issues. That's an entirely "me" thing, and not even a critique against the character.

It's a little bit weird. It's easily one of the most celebrated character in anime, but still the fandom has come to under-appreciate the character over the ages.

Problem is the company that made Evangelion is run by people who dislike Rei, and the fandom just follows.

>SECA

Posting best girl

Shinji is precious please don't exploit him

But user I can't help it if he keeps exploiting himself!

>Steven Universe is allowed to be discussed on fucking Sup Forums now
Fuck this

stop

STOP

SHINJI IS CUTE HE CAN'T HELP IT

Maya and Ritsuko should FUCK

She sure is!

You lads don't know shit about best girls

they fucked a lot during instrumentality, and they were happy together

when they come back they will be happy together, or else

That ain't a girl.
That's a guy's butt.

:)

d-don't PATRONIZE HIM

What I mean is Rei's whole schtick of being all quiet and mysterious and edgy and cold and robotic was really cool to me when I was in middle school (I had a cardboard cut out in my room) but after a few more re-watches, Misato is a much more relate-able, likeable character, even though she's just as fucked up as anyone else in the show. I like her relationship with Kaji a lot.

it's a saturn

Fuck off to weebs

>after a few more re-watches,

It took you multiple rewatches? Wow.

>user simultaneously doesn't understand that he has no control and what blanket categories are

Misato > Rei >>>> Shitsuka

Main, Sup Forums is on an anime roll today
>Morning: GitS thread
>Afternoon: Eva thread
>Evening: Another Eva thread

I am not discussing it
read the whole thing
all the way back to the other thread

>next time on Sup Forums

>user doesn't know what board topics are.

I bet you post about YouTube faggots on Sup Forums all day huh

This was a good series. Fight me.

You see, user, an anime falls under the classification of a television show or a movie. It's a broad topic.

Whereas if a board was solely for anime, a live-action show would be off-topic.

Yeah, it was.

Eh, can't really relate. Her relationship with Kaji is really thin, and I just can't relate to anything she does except pity Shinji.

Childhood is when you debate over whether asuka or rei is best girl.
Adulthood is when you realize misato makes more sense.

Or will it be this?

Rei has all the top tier scenes indeed.

klk>aot

When is it that you realize Shinji is best girl of all?

Adulthood is accepting that Rei is best girl.
Childhood is not accepting the above yet.

>complimentary colours

nah, Titan is more plebby than KLK

It took me until now to realize best girl. Thanks user

Never, any such realization is just a function of mental disease.

>if you rip that shirt off, you'll die!
>jk guess not

>>if you rip that shirt off, you'll die!
>>it would be extremely painfull

that robot thing was much better done by R. Dorothy

she was actually cute and funny and a badass robot at the same time

In all seriousness though, when I started to related more to Misato more than Shinji, I really realizes I really wasn't a kid anymore :,(

who is best angel and why is it ramiel

seriously why the fuck isn't there more anime like this

The whole "girl vs girl vs girl" may be fun banter and all, but let's not be silly here.

Rei is after all, a literal goddess that saved mankind, prevented ultimate destruction of mankind, and hell, even created it.

The others don't ever come close to topping that.

Rei isn't a robot and Eva is really never funny.

When I watched it the first time my favorite was Kaworu
When I finally got around to rewatching it 5 years later Rei really resonated with me, every time I saw her it just hit like a truck.

Rei isn't a robot honey. If you thought she was, then she clearly did a better job of acting out the robot than the actual robot.

I can't seem to find this scene anywhere, and it pisses me off since it was the only new scene in 2.22 that I liked