/heem/

Fear the Return edition

News:
CodyFag was right about something
Regular OP on suicide watch and shall not be making threads for a while.
Also on suicide watch: spainsperg, Ronda and Brazil poster.

Other urls found in this thread:

mixedmartialarts.com/news/former-coach-why-i-left-rouseys-camp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR RENA AND SHOOTO

The one fight I actually wish Steve Mazzagatti would of reffed instead of Herb Dean. I would of liked to at least see if she could of made a comeback from the ground since she was still coherent after stoppage.

>I'm sure you're the same sperg who was telling me Miesha was gonna beat Pennington

On paper, Miesha should have won. Pennington had never shown striking that good ever, and Miesha's weight cut looked fantastic compared to how she went into 200. The odds were ludicrous on their face.

Upsets happen. If you picked Rocky for any reason other than you thought Miesha shouldn't have odds that good after getting starched, you got lucky.

Whether your picks are right matters less than the reasoning behind them.

Okay, so here's my definitions:

An outfighter wants to stay on the outside and strike in order to score damage. They can want to react to their opponent's strikes and counter them (ie, be a counter fighter; Shevchenko, McGregor, Anderson) or they can want to dance on the outside and throw volume without paying attention to the rhythm that the opponent is working with in order to win rounds.

Holm is the latter. She wants to stay on the outside, throw volume, win rounds, and avoid all possible strikes you can throw. She's an outfighter, but not a counter fighter. She wants to lead the dance and make her opponents be flustered by her volume. The ideal Holm fight is rounds 1, 3, and 4 of the Tate fight; Holm throws a lot of strikes that mostly don't do anything, lands a few jabs, takes no damage, wins the round, gets a decision victory.

She has really nice kicks, though, so occasionally she'll get a finish if it's sitting there waiting for her.

Staying with wMMA and Holm/Shevchenko: Shevchenko is as pure a counter fighter as exists in MMA. She will happily throw absolutely nothing if you aren't going to put yourself in a position for it to land. This is why she starched Holm; Holm, in leading, threw a bunch of bullshit from out of range and got popped whenever she came into range because Holm is reliant on bullshit to fluster her opponent's judgement of what strikes are real and what strikes are feints.

Third weekend of January.

cody bless
schaub bless
goob bless

Preach it

A day ago it was blatantly obvious Cruz was gonna win against a heavy hitter who would gas in the 2nd

If you thought the TJ fight was boring them you're a casual

>This autist who got the Ronda-Nunes fight completely wrong still giving analysis

Back to bloodyelbow or sherdog or mmafighting or whichever forum you stowed away from with your horrible opinions.

LMAO ausfailia on suicide watch

Remember when people thought Dominic Cruz was good?

>Back to bloodyelbow

Awww, we'll miss you!

I'm on suicide watch for blowing next week's rent on Cruz, lad. Not for this.

Dom is probably curled up in a ball sobbing uncontrollably and clutching his emotional support dog lmao

what a fuckin loser.

TJ is going to fuck your boy up desu

Which state has the best fighters? Cali? Ohio?

Dagestan

Ronda literally stood in range and did absolutely nothing to stop herself from taking hits or to put hits on Nunes holy shit

She was basically asking to get TKOd

Serbbro is also on suicide watch and possibly considering taking some ethnic albanians with him.

Please stop you're embarrassing our country's cred on heem

Hopefully never see this flag here again.

Never.

Cruz
>gfless
>friendless
>loser

But hey he has his rat dog.

you actually fell for it didn't you? ahahahha

2017 might actually be a good year

Maybe this is where it all goes right

How can a nobody like me celebrate?

he still has his monster energy drink

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT DOJO

>i-i-i was only pretending

That's a lot of pretending pal

I can't believe I fell a asleep before the garbrandt fight. Was it a spicy banger?

Has ronda killed herself yet? What a fucking joke. Cody is really talented he does the basics so well, the guy has potential to become the goat. I love tj's organic gameplan development in the cage, she realised linikers weakness and capped on it.

He*

It was the best fight ever
My new favourite fight

One of the spiciest of the year

Not in terms of action but in terms of Cruz getting unexpectedly dismantled

Khabib vs Ferguson dead in the water
Conor nowhere to be seen
Aldo and Holloway won't meet up if Holloway keeps ducking
Cody as a new champ will do as new champs do and avoid defending
DJ-Cruz Super fight out the window
Lawler is permaheemed
Woodley ducking Maia and Wonderboy
Bisping ducking Romero
JBJ doesn't come back until late next year
What's to look forward to?

It was a glorious one sided beatdown. Cody made Cruz look like an amature and clowned him like a Diaz like 5 times.

Dom is probably emotionally broken. Hopefully we never see him fight again. He needs to fade into obscurity.

Any kind anons have any webms of the dillashaw and Cruz fights at UFC 207?

I remember there was this incredible takedown by dillashaw. It was yoel Romero blackpolision tier where he went from 1 to 100 in one second.

Nick Diaz headlining 209

>Conor nowhere to be seen

No one who matters cares about this chump

>being this new

It's time to stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

SHEVCHENKO v PENA lad!

I just meant because my guy won

Should I buy this?

>Only focusing on the champs

Wew casual city here we are

Thats embarrassing. Cody just memed Cruz in hes own game.

Cody knocked Dom down three times in a really short amount of time and just danced and taunted instead of finishing him. Very spicy

Tell me who I should look forward to

Herb Dean fucking saved her from another vicious cold KO. She was literally struggling to stand on her feet.

Fedor vs Matt Mitrione!

>I have this to say about my daughter, Ronda

>Like every mother and daughter on the face of the earth, Ronda and I don't always see eye to eye. However, there is one situation where I am pretty certain.

>All of those who have criticized Ronda for taking a loss so to heart, for not just 'shrugging it off' don't understand that what made Ronda so successful is that she cares DEEPLY about winning to an extent that I don't believe the average person can wrap his/her head around.

>Caring deeply about something and working your hardest to achieve it doesn't mean you make the right decisions 100% of the time. Wouldn't it be a nicer world if it did?

>Those of you who want to criticize Ronda, I just want to point out a few things. First of all, I know her better than you and she is a smart, kind, talented, generous, hard-working person.

>who

That's your problem, approaching UFC like mandrama where you only care about personalities and characters. I guess if you're a casual you should just skip 2017 cause there will be no Ronda/Brock/Conor, save yourself the hassle.

what needs to happen in 2017 for it to be a better year of mma than this one?

>Second, I'd like to list some of her accomplishments, and note that she isn't yet 30 years old.

>>Junior World Judo Champion
>>Panamerican Games Judo Gold Medalist
>>First American woman in a decade to win a world cup in judo (and then she went on to win several more)
>>U.S. Open Gold Medalist
>>World Judo Championships Silver Medalist
>>Olympic Bronze Medalist
>>U.S. Senior National Champion
>>First UFC World Champion
>>First woman to make a million dollars in martial arts
>>Co-authored sports book of the year - My Fight/ Your Fight
>>Acted in three movies

>>That's just a partial list, but let me suggest that someone who has been world level athlete in two sports, written a best seller, acted in movies and made millions of dollars, all before the age of 30 has a pretty darn good track record. On top of that, Ronda has been part of the USADA drug testing since she was 16 years old, never failed a drug test, always paid her taxes, never been arrested, never been to rehab, has zero divorces, zero DUIs and zero children. While you might think that is to be expected, look how many celebrities (heck, look how many of your neighbors) can say that.

>>I am very proud of my daughter.

>>As my other wonderful daughter, Maria, told her ,

>>"We love you just as much 10 minutes after every fight as we did in the 10 minutes before."

does anyone have the crocop webm? i missed everything.

Conor needs to be permaheemed, and Joanna needs to be submitted with a bundaplata by Mackenzie Dern.

If AKA stops injuring their fighters, then 2017 will be a great year for MMA.

Alright then, WHAT should I look forward to?

How come some UFC fighters don't take a chance and jump to Rizin?

Ronda's Facial Abuse release; the UFC just put out a forty second promo.

HAHAHA you fucking retards who picked Cruz

>muh psychological warfare

Kill yourselves.

All the events and fighters you don't already know about that are hidden in the dirt who could have a big year. Instead of just caring about what mega stars are fighting.

I've got the fight recorded. First second or third round?

this was awesome :D

I liked how Cody kept pointing at the center of the octagon to stand and bang

That's what I don't like about UFC. You get all hyped for the (((main event))) and it ends in 48s.

You all like Cody now yeah?

You all hated him before

>mcgregor loses
>mcgregor avenges loss
>ronda loses again
>cody out dom's dom
>cro cop wins

literally the best timeline

forgot
>trump wins

Dillashaw beating Cody Garbage is literally free money. Cruz was at his absolute worst and still won 2 rounds.

Best moment of 2016?

I think so

Never seen so many casuals get blown out like this. Some were even saying winning by submission is the coward's way out.

mcgregor is going to get anderson'd next year

>pls stop sending wrestlers against me UFC I am just a counter striking south paw I was not built for this pls

Cody will get leg kicked to death and lose all his mobility and power punches

Its like you casuals have never seen the same stereotype fighters...

I want to spend my 200 pounds!!

>Best moment of 2016?

just got done watching the fights and interviews on youtube, decent card overall. I can't believe Goldberg didn't get a send off though, everybody knew he was leaving but it was never acknowledged.

>goldberg got to yell JUST LIKE THAT one more time

I didn't expect these feels

man it was glorious. Heem threads where actually cosy as fuck for at least like until 2 months after

HE'S STILL MY GOOD BOY, WOOF!

WOAAARGHHHHHHHH

Ronda looked like an amateur. I mean look at those punches she trying to throw and she she's stiff as a tree, no footwork, nothing.

Second round was it?

Or maybe a takedown compilation of that fight would be better.

if you attack or defend then they win

>tfw no one remembers your fight
>tfw everyone forgot you're a former champ

She needs to fire these people telling her she can stand up and fight because clearly she can't.

>goes to MW
>still misses weight

Daily reminder boxing is about the sweet, disciplined technical science while mma is just a street brawl

I'm of to bed now, I am tired of being awake
I sleep happy for once.

What should I spend my 200 pounds on?
Should I save it for a tattoo?
Happy new year heem, I will be back in 6 hours

I think about Ronda and just think about so much wasted potential. Her knocking out Bethe was the worst thing to happen in her career. The thing only worse than that was sticking with Edmond. But anyway, that's that, I'm glad for all the fights she had when she was on top and she helped put MMA and UFC on an even bigger map, plus she was qt in strikeforce, I don't get the hate she gets from casuals but it is what it is. Deep down she's still a human bean.

whats he saying /heem/?

dude looks genuinely concerned

oh well she made 3m she can find a doctor or therapist for that plus a few houses and holidays

>he tells himself this to feel better as his sport is dying

Did I miss many memes yesterday?

after seeing all comments and shitposting ive finally seen the "fight"
im not laughing anymore, i just feel sad for rousey

will they invite her to all the talk show like after her first defeat ?
America loves people who rise up after being beaten but does America love badly exposed fighters ?

>We'll make this right, how does Betch Coheha sound?

This.

Time to move on though.

It's like the media and casuals want Ronda to retire now. Holy fuck, because she's the poster girl that's suppose to mean she can't lose fights?

Does /heem/ think she'll keep fighting? She should, it's like one win and everyone will forget this loss.

Ronda is cm punk tier

Jon Jones is also a good example of how tainted mma
>juicer
>cokehead
>cheater

And embarrassingly is seen as a great

she literally considered suicide when Holm beat her, and left the arena last night without speaking to anyone. she's clearly done, and obviously can't take punches that well anymore either.

>She should,

She shouldn't retire but her mindset is clearly elsewhere, and as it stands I don't think she can beat any woman in the top 5. Plus she's 30 and she'd need to go to a better gym to get better but she won't do that, so she should just retire and go do movies like Gina Carano. The new women are on another level.

>the """""'sport"""""""" of boxing

america loves famous people she'll be invited everywhere

She needs to move camps (and has for awhile now), but she probably won't.

It sounds like she has a toxic relationship with Edmond. From this article, it sounds like she's totally dependent on Edmond. It wouldn't surprise if she has some kind of weird mental complex where if she was to win, it has to be with Edmond.

>Frincu says the relationship with Tarverdyan is tumultuous, with Rousey at times texting or calling dozens of times in an hour. Rousey believes that Tarverdyan drives her to emotional lengths in a way that mimics the pressure of a fight, and leaves her better prepared as a fighter. Others attribute the apparent machinations to simple incompetence.

>Frincu said the filming of The Ultimate Fighter in 2013 was more than he could contenance. Rousey was stressed to the point her hair was falling out.

>“The way he talked to her—wow, what I witnessed,” said Frincu. “The way he talked to everybody, going on these rants. Cursing about how terrible she is. I didn’t feel physically safe. I’m a guy who can take care of himself, but I felt uncomfortable. The next morning I took a plane and I left.”

>“It’s almost like there’s not a real world around her. Nobody keeps it real. It’s almost like a self-destructive organism.”

>“It’s all emotional. There’s no logic in that camp. And that makes it very unstable. It’s like walking on eggshells. It’s terrible. It’s so stressful to be in that camp. It’s supposed to be hard work. But it has to be rational. There has to be a plan. Everything there is rage and anger.”

>Rousey’s motto for this camp is “F*** them all.”

mixedmartialarts.com/news/former-coach-why-i-left-rouseys-camp

>america
don't speak for me you small dicked cuck