"lol libcucks are so against free speech xDD #trump2016"

politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/02/donald-trump-libel-laws-219866

>Donald Trump said on Friday he plans to change libel laws in the United States so that he can have an easier time suing news organizations.
>when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/416935/hillary-clinton-rewrite-first-amendment-joel-gehrke
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good.

>when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money
>purposely

Sounds good desu.

>source of "true" information for vast majority of americans

>trumps a wacsist!! and hitler!!!

>shouldn't be able to be sued for blatant misinfo

yea no fuck the media

>free speech ends where my feelings begin

Trump really has turned Sup Forums into a massive faggy hugbox.

>sue for writing an opinion you disagree with

If Hillary suggested half of this you guys would throw a tantrum (rightfully)

Good.

Isn't politico owned by Gawker?

>Free speech is preserved. Freedom of the press decimated.

You had it coming, you fucking lying nigger-kike bastards. Today was a good day.

its da j00s anyways amirite trumpbrah?

I'd say its about time. Fuck the media!

When you write an academic essay, it has to be from a credible source. Things cannot be taken out of context or lied about.

Why the fuck should media be able to?

Actually, I'm not really sure it's the media's fault. It's the consumers fault. People believe everything they read like mindless sheep.

It's why universal suffrage is garbage tier.

It amazes me how willing both young liberals and young conservatives are willing to give up or weaken their free speech these days.

Hint: It's much easier to weaken than to strengthen.

They already want to sue "climate change deniers" and anyone who engages in "hate speech".
The only way to get the left to re-discover an appreciation of the first amendment is to bite them right back in the ass with lawsuits. They are completely incapable of learning via good example.

How's your hangover going, Ivan?

making it against the law to lie about someone on the news should be illegal, as it allows people to just actively defame others.

If I were to go on the news and just call you personally a rapist for no reason with no proof, I
would not get arrested, or fined. You would, however most likely get spammed, harassed,
hated upon by everyone you used to know, and you'd generally have a tougher time going about
your life than otherwise.

In other words, defamation laws are not working as they are now.

Free speech: I can present my opinion on any subject at any time I fucking want to, and fuck the faggot SJWs who bully me for it.

Libel: Newspapers and other media that intentionally publish lies or false information, instead of publishing the facts that they are supposed to, should be able to be sued.

yes, there's no dichotomy here.
Opinions in media belong on the EDITORIAL pages and need to be clearly labeled as opinion. When media intentionally publishes a lie, publishes an opinion as 'news', or publishes misinformation without proper vetting, yes that should be covered by libel laws. Journalism has 0 integrity any more.

>implying these articles are bandied about as opinion pieces

lel

Jesus Christ, this pantomime act just can't stop embarrassing himself. At least he's not Hillary though.

This is in the context of talking about a presidential candidate. To weaken freedom of the press especially when it comes to the government would be a horrible and almost irreversible move.

This, completely. Kutos, user

I'm alright with this actually.

Liberal yellow journalism needs to be put in check and the way I see it freedom of speech doesn't protect you from being sued by private citizens for slander.

The context is irrelevant. If a piece is opinion based, then it should be explicitly labeled as such. If it's a pseudo news piece that misrepresents someone with the intention of causing defamation, then the company should be able to be sued.

>pretending like TPP wouldn't decimate what's left of free speech in the first place

www.citizen.org/TPP

Doesn't matter.He can't bring in any law that conflicts with your constitution. He'd have to pass an amendment and no one will touch anything that might be seen to take away free speech.

>Giving a shit about the press' "rights"
Fuck the press, literal scumsucking propagandists who would rape a donkey if it meant they would get good ratings.

?
fuck freedom of the press

You know, I was thinking about this shit earlier today, and not due to Trump or his ideas to change up the law.

If someone makes disparaging remarks of an untrue nature, don't you have to prove, as the accuser in the court of law, that the claims are untrue? Wouldn't that be ridiculously difficult to do?

>talk a bunch of baseless bullshit
>get sued

how is this a bad thing?

>
Libel is not free speech. Libel is lying about someone to damage their character. Which is exactly the type of "free speech" libcucks love.

What's the matter, Hilldog? Your cunt is bleeding in fear of the Don again? How adorable.

i have reliable sources saying ID: bNJtUyQA raped and killed a woman in 1990

Well this is just wrong. Say, do you leave your tinfoil hat on or off while you shower?

Libel is already illegal.
Willingly lying to push an agenda is libel

This.

yes that's what libel is

you can take them to court and make them prove they weren't just being inflammatory assholes, or pay up

Fuck, that's actually really shitty.

>inb4 gtfo shill, pic related is this entire thread (or at least the posts by people with some level of understanding about what "freedom of the press" entails)

dont fucking lie about people and distort their words in order to defame them, and then you have nothing to worry about.

This
>73373535
It's really better for everyone, you won't be getting biased bullshit from Fox or CNN that obviously favors one candidate or the other. And besides, it has to be certifiably false.

>freedom to lie as you please
>freedom to blur opinion and fact

>gawker ""journalist"" is upset he'll be out of a job

How's that Hogan dick taste, by the way?

>implying most journalism isn't a weapon of Jews and Marxists to subvert American society
It'll be good to shut down shit like the Jew York Times or Buzzfeed.

>Sup Forums is actually defending this
I've seen it all now

>Actually defending yellow journalism

Yikes

>Sup Forums is defending the ability to sue people for lying
Who would have thunk? Hmmm. Fuck off kike.

>Killing the American Lügenpresse

And this is bad exactly how?

>he actually believes kikes hate Trump
kek

>Gold

Sounds like trump is going to take down the traitors that have essentially brainwashed America with misleading facts.

I like this idea

I wonder who's behind this thread...

love seeing how trump has open y'all true colors.

FYI I have more respect for white cucks willing to let their wives get creampied by niggers than most of you now at least they don't damage control their shit opinions

ITT Statists

The problem is people treat everything the see/read on TV/news sites as fact no matter how it's presented and the media obviously exploits this for ratings, leading to a gigantic feedback loop that's run out of control in regard to reporting actual facts to the public.

Slap "editorial" on every shit opinion and you can make up whatever lies you want and have it presented alongside actual news stories.

>Oh no, now the media have to actually do research and base their news on facts instead of bought slander campaigns, it's like anuddah shoah

> they say something about trumps hair they should be on gulag now.

fucking commies

>libel laws strengthen
>a lot of jews get sued

>implying lax libel laws won't be used to reduce the free speech of the media
But when trump does it, it is A-okay

>holding media outlets responsible for the bullshit they say
>a bad thing

sorry, fag, but free speech doesn't mean you get to spread propaganda without having to deal with the consequences

deliberately misleading and untrue news =/= freespeech

This is great.
Flat out lying to the public is free speech, but that doesn't mean you can't be held accountable.
If I say that I am going to kill Obama I will be taken to jail. If a journalist says 1 out of 5 women get raped they will be taken to court.
Good.

This is exactly what we need.

>implying lax libel laws won't be used to reduce the free speech of the media
wat

>pretending to be an oldfag
>wanting to help the jew this bad
>not realizing fascism is the best form of government.
You gotta get off that blue pill if you want to be be effective here.

You do realize suing for slander is already a thing, right?

>write purposely [...] false articles
That is exactly what libel is.

Honestly I've been saying that Trump should be able to sue them ever since they started lying about him being racist. Fuck media lies.

>A lot of lawyers are Jewish
>They sue the fuck out of each other to gain the prestigious first landmark cases in libel justice

Not an argument.

>man on corner rants about space aliens taking over the dildo industry
>nobody cares because he's not presenting himself as a news organization
>reporter does a piece about space aliens taking over the dildo industry while using the man on the corner as a reliable source and evidence
>should be held accountable because he's presenting the information while claiming to be reporting facts

>what is the chilling effect?

We have that now in favor of liberals

News is supposed to be unbiased. This is not a question of free speech, but journalistic integrity.

>presenting lies and slander as fact is free speech

Just so you faggots know, you already CAN sue people for lying about you.
Trump isn't really doing anything ground breaking here. He's simply putting more pressure on the media while getting more support from people who are sick of journalist lies.

Media companies can already be sued for slander, fraud and releasing sex tapes like in the Gawker vs Hogan case. Notice how no one is crying about free speech when Gawker is forced to pay Hulk Hogan millions.
If Trump wanted he could sue every news outlet for millions of dollars. The only reason he isn't suing them is because it helps his campaign.
Trust me, the media is going to pay for lying about Trump. He's going to get hundreds of millions in court when he no longer needs the media.

really is that way for a while now ...

in january when more candidates were around Sup Forums was at least 1% concerned about Trump but now its a full blown SJW Tier autist shit hole cause they worship him now

>worshipping a politician
>expecting anything great to come out of money hungry power hungry kikes

Its cause most of Sup Forums are underage and they don't know how useless politicians really are

>Trump is not a politician

Trump said himself he knows more politicians than most politicians its because he funded democracts openly for 30 years and was extremely political active all of his life

Good then you should be fine with making the laws slightly stricter so that the media can't blatantly lie about a person being a evil nazi.

bye bye kike lugenpresse

hello user shitposting :D

I don't remember ever saying I was against it.

t. newfag

either way the lawyers win user

>he doesn't blindly worship a politician
>he must be a newfag

>>implying lax libel laws won't be used to reduce the free speech of the media
If it means shutting the Jew-controlled media the hell up, then by all means...
>those not exclusively loyal to America don't deserve American rights

Good. The media has obviously shown itself over the years to be corrupt, dishonest and outright biased. Drastic checks and balances need to be put in place.

>Trump supporters are a hivemind, everyone agrees with everything he says

Stop.

sadly thats exactly what happened

The Jews are working for Trump, not the other way around.

Hill shills trying to say

Blatant lying in journalism=free speech

I love Donald too..

>having consequences for what you write about isnt free speech even though I can still write and say it

Nice meme

>THE MEDIA SHOULDN'T BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR LIES

I thought you libcucks preached for more media accountability during the Bush administration.

Actually, no, it isn't. And how exactly is the media being held to a higher standard a bad thing? It has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with ethics in reporting/journalism.

So does Killary. She wants to amend the constitution though.
We're fucked either way
nationalreview.com/article/416935/hillary-clinton-rewrite-first-amendment-joel-gehrke

The media can ruin careers and lives and they suffer ZERO consequences even if they make it all up.

There has to be some accountability, some check against the media.

its a tricky question and a slippery slope

i agree people who dont lie about shit odnt have anything to fear about .. its what Milo argues constantly

Where does the ride end tho and who says there is no room to simply abuse this power?

People are fed up with the media anyway .. whats the point of restoring trust in them? They are completely garbage and ever will be. Infested by liberal cuck journalists until the end of times cause this sort of work attracts these kind of people.

They don't end up on oil fields.

Its pointless.

I could tell you that its incredibly ironic when its coming from someone like Trump anyway who lies more than the media but i can't say much about this here or i get brigaded with (You)'s by autistic Trump fanboys.

Well what do you expect when news organizations just intentional misuse and twist up his wording at every possible opportunity? They SHOULD be sued.

>writing false articles=free speech

Fuck off faggot, free speech would be saying
>I think Donald Trump is a "XXX"
What they are doing is they are saying
>Donald trump IS a "XXX"

Even now you can't just come up to someone and say "You are a dusting faggot, no one like you and you are pathetic scum"
You can however say "I think you are a dusting faggot that no one will like and a pathetic scum"

Learn the laws of the country you live in faggot.

What is that phrase that SJWs love so much?

I think i goes like "Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences"?

this is just a logical step from their own pet idea.