Being this wrong

> Being this wrong.

What's your review of it then?

(OP)
fantano is never wrong, deal with it kiddo

I liked this album but now that Fantano gave it a 5 I deleted it. I feel bad because I told my friends I liked it and now I look like a pleb.

8/10
Yeah some of the interludes are lacking and I see his point with the structure, but the first half of the album flows amazingly well, the instrumentation and composition are on point.

Actually in the review his biggest complaint is the structure, but I don't think it's worth taking 5 points off.

I haven't heard it yet myself, so I can't say if I agree or disagree. Now I want to though

Haven't you figured out that his scores are meaningless? He contradicts himself all the fucking time. Just listen to the review and see what he has to say about it, then ignore whatever meaningless number he gives it.

b...but fantano just complained about the same thing like five times in this review! Baka!

I don't mind Fantano having shitty opinions but the fact that people place value in his opinions upsets me.

me too. im kinda sad to be associated with the album now since i told my friends i really liked it. either i
a.) break off communications with my friends
OR
b.) live the rest of my life hating sufjan stevens and being vocal about it.

>Implying he's wrong
I honestly feel bad for most of the people on Sup Forums

He's not wrong because his reviews are based on his own personal taste in music.
Fantano manages to put his feelings towards music into words using often very real elements within the music, and how they relate to his feeling, making it understandable, but that same understanding seems to make people think he's talking about some objective truth when it's clearly not.
What sounds good to you sounds good to you, what someone else does/does not like couldn't matter less, or at least it shouldn't.

Fantano creates an individual look into a piece of music that can be interesting for the sake of analysis, but not necessarily as a basis for your own opinion, if your opinions happen to coincide, that's fine, and if they don't, that's fine too.

>(OP)

calm down user, did you take shitposting seriously again, you're getting all worked up

not really worked up at all, just tired enough to over-word my relatively simple statements

But yeah, seeing as how I responded at all, I guess you're right anyhow.

>Yeah some of the interludes are lacking and I see his point with the structure,
>knows its shit
>8/10
what kind of rating system u got going on

I know that feel user, it's still cathartic to shout even if no-one is listening

Is this copypasta?

I laughed too much at this.

Nah, but chances are it's along the same lines of shit hundreds of people have already said before

Bjork did it better anyway with little to no filler.

>literally just finds different ways to say "it's incoherent" for 10 minutes without actually describing much of the music

what an awful review

Melons getting lazy.

suffy has some nice lyrics on this.
But the instrumentation is pretty weak.
too many cooks desu

I don't care when Fantano gives bad scores to albums I like, but sometimes he way oversteps and makes ridiculous claims that seem deliberate in their attempt to shit on fans of a project.
>Most people will probably like this because it's very big sounding and not upfront with its intentions, so it must be """deep"""
This was beyond douchey of him

What do you expect when hes teetering between ironies with saying "ye boy"

The more controversial his reviews are, the more discussion he will garner. He does this intentionally, he's realized that the lifeblood of his channel is buzz, doesn't matter whether it's negative or positive. He can give any album and score he wants and drones will defend it.

>being THIS wrong

Not on the internet faggot. I am the fun police. If you disagree with my opinion you deserve to die.

tfw the lonliest planet

Where can I find narkopop on slsk? Not seeing any results.

just use archive

>Most people will probably like this because it's very big sounding and not upfront with its intentions, so it must be """deep"""

What the fuck? No one has ever though something is "deep" just because is overproduced, is usually the opposite.

MBDTF
>inb4 the devil dances

do people think that album is deep? it's a personal album but it isn't 2deep4u type stuff.

I don't take what he says seriously, but he's valid to an opinion like anyone

Personally it's a light 9. As somebody who's into astrology, mythology and zodiac stuff in general, a lot of the lyrics and music match the emotional state that these planets are suppose to have if they are in you're astrological house (where the sun and moon were located at the time of you're birth). The structure didn't bother me too much, just that one drone section lagged a little bit. And overall I thought Sun was underwhelming based on its essential place in our solar system, providing the energy for life to prosper. But it's the artists interpretation, so I respect it.

Reminder that he gave Age of Adz (Sufjan's best) a 6/10. So this was pretty predictable.

Also reviewed Carrie and Lowell without researching anything about its context, literally said something like "i think his relationship with his mother was a little complicated or something"

He does that in a lot of reviews because he tries to get them out quickly. There was a Spoon review where he kept talking about one corny song and a line that he thought was horrible, but the song is actually a cover of an Ann-Margret song from the 60s.

I'm feeling a mid 6, mid 7

"Saturn" was real good a second time around, especially in the context of the album

>(Sufjan's best)
(You)
>ill noise isnt his best because its his most popular

Illinois really isn't that good. Michigan is the better state project and Enjoy Your Rabbit and Age of Adz stand above both.

Michigan has a fraction of good songs as Illinois.
Casmir > Romulus

>not seven swans

plebs

Illinois has some of his best tracks but as a whole it really isn't that great.

You should start a protest march against him. I'll come. We can redeem our musical tastes that way.

this better highs but the lows are really lackluster

>literally doesnt get low until Night zombies
>chicago into Casmir

>meanwhile michigan's first trach is lacksuter

nah.

I'm not the guy defending Michigan. (But it is a good album)

are you a high school girl? Casmir is one of the cringiest Sufjan songs, along with John Wayne Gacy. definitely on the side of the fence that prefers Michigan and his other material.

On an unrelated note, when can we all agree that Silver and Gold is the best Sufjan project?

>Casmir is one of the cringiest Sufjan songs,
t. mature progrock gentleman

still not as douchey as when he reviewed himself in third person

>Casmir is one of the cringiest Sufjan songs
elaborate

Yuh

I like his folk stuff. Casimir is worse than every song on Seven Swans.

Man, people gotta stop taking these reviews so seriously. If you like the music you like it. I enjoy Fantano/pitchfork reviews just because it gives me more stuff to listen to if I might have missed it, and also just hearing a different perspective on albums I may dislike or like. I don't let reviews stray my opinion too far.

I understand I'm totally in the minority on this, but let's just say I don't think Sufjan is any Mark Kozelek. I think Sufjan excels tackling the abstract in his lyrics, less so intimate personal tragedy. Maybe you're the type of person who would prefer listening to Carrie & Lowell over A Crow Looked at Me, but I certainly am not.

calm the fuck down nerd

his opinion is worthless, but at least he normally manages a semi-eloquent explanation of why he likes/hates something

this review is lazy dogshit, and it's obvious

>he liked A Crow Looked at Me

Saturn grew on me quite well

it's one of my favorite songs now, the lyrics/astrology stuff on it are superb

>Assuming a record has flaws means giving it a low score

It's an 8/10 because of those flaws.

These guys said it. I actually don't care that much about his opinion and I respect it, but he made a lazy review.

does it all the time

see

this