Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wB_hjqZQ1UY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing is stopping them from squatting

No, you Mexicans can't have those homes if that's what your thinking. Those empty homes will not keep us from building that wall.

You realize that a vast majority of those "vacant" homes are just homes that are on the market right?

>picure
>text
>must be true

>I know you own this building but this homeless man, who doesn't want to work, needs it more than you do
#ImBerning

Nah man if you're not using it we should just take it from you and give it to non-whites. Learn to Marx

It's illegal in almost all places.

Yeah, it makes me think about how many of them are up for sale, and how many of them are vacant because they're in desperate need of being torn the fuck down because they're nothing more than deathtraps.

>Nothing is stopping them from squatting

Kiwi's right, squatters rights do exist, so if some homeless bum finds a decent house that's unoccupied to live in, and openly use as their residence, for at least five years then they're golden. As far as the government is concerned, after that five year period it's theirs without a single cent spent.

You realize the majority of homeless are drug addicted mentally ill shit heads who have no capability of properly running or maintaining a home, right?

>go ahead man who is drunk and pissed himself, feel free to live here on societys dollar. When this house is delapitated well give ya another

Spots in homeless shelters also outnumber the homeless.
Makes you kinda think, doesn't it?

There are enough vacant homes in china to support 7.3 billion people

>vacant

no those are drug user/drug dealer houses

sponsored by the government

dont forget to buy a gun to protect yourself, sponsored by the ATF

In England Squatting is illegal and can carry a jail sentence, simultaneously squatters rights exist where they can apply to the land registry to take ownership of your land. If you do not act they can legally take possession. Imagine if someone is on a long holiday, travelling the world or elderly. This is a serious problem.

>let's give out free houses to people that spent their youth getting high or drunk instead of getting educated and working

But who vacated the houses?

does "vacant " include homes people own but aren't currently living in ?

Kek, I remember reading of some niggers or muzzies in the UK squatting in a mansion of a rich person who took possession of the house because they were on vacation for a real long time. Your laws are all kinds of fucked up.

Yep. Basically squatting is categorically illegal but only squatters can apply for squatters rights. RIDICULOUS.

All you have to do is live there for 12 years without being kicked out (go under the radar) and apply for the land the house is on. Boom you now legally own someone elses shit.

Yes most people will realise before 12 years is up but the fact this is even a thing is fucking retarded.

It's called Adverse Possession. You pay the city the unpaided back taxes on the property and put the utilities in your name, after 5 to 7 years depending on the state the house is legally yours. Even if you take over a house and change the locks and the original owner returns it can take months of court proceedings to have you removed from the property. The owner isn't allowed to go in and forcefully remove you

houses have upkeep costs, otherwise they are just glorified caves

perhaps they are mentally ill because of bieng homeless, perhaps they are homeless cause theyre mentally ill.

Have you been homeless?

you are an ignorant cunt. you serve the agenda of the elites by blaming your fellow men rather than helping people.

Like you're a fucking paragon of virtue, you wet dick.

Yes. It also includes vacant homes that real estate businesses own.

but muh proletariat

the delicate rational balance between
>old rich shitters that have 7 houses because muh vacation and muh property investments
and
>hey guise I have no job but I have 5 kids gibsme sum free rent shitlords
isn't something Sup Forums is likely to figure out

Well it's not that retarded, if your local government is anything like here in the states they can't take possession of privately held land, they can kick you off the land if you don't pay your property taxes but the city only holds the land until someone comes forward and pays the back taxes. It's in the state's best interest to recoup the money that is owed and pass the land onto the next person that will pay, if the state held the land it would cost money to maintain it.

That's a completely irrelevant point. Squatters rights have nothing to do with taxes. The squatters don't pay tax they don't pay anything they just have to live there, in a tent if they wish, for 12 years without being caught. That's the difference. If they can go under the radar for 12 years and prove they did so they will own your land unless you take them to court and out-fund them in a legal battle.

A guy in the Netherlands became so sick and tired of squaters, so he filled his home with cow manure to keep those pests away.

smart man. Over here in the states land owners with squatters like to use gravel cause it's easy to tell someone that you just bought a truck load of gravel instead of cow shit.

Pretty sure we got rid of squatters rights laws before the last general election

Depends on where you live. Compost is actually fairly cheap. You could make it yourself for basically free, since it's mostly the garbage you had anyway, but if you want to buy it you can get as much as your truck can hold for about $20-$30. Or you could always ask a farmer/rancher if you could shovel shit from his fields if you're determined to get cow shit.

It's a very very long period of time.

>for at least five years then they're golden. As far as the government is concerned, after that five year period it's theirs without a single cent spent
What is this cuck law?

My brother's father in law is homeless. we have watched this man sabotage his own life and again and again. He has gone from having a home, decent job and family, then each time making choices that reduce his circumstances. The first DUI cost him his decent job; the third cost him his wife. He's been 'temporarily' crashing on the couch of every family member at least once. He's been helped into programs, supported, paid for into rehab. But..no matter what, no matter WHAT, he drinks. And every time he drinks, he gets angry and belligerent until the cops come and take him out. He has poisoned the lives of his kids. But no one will enable him anymore. No one will bail him out of jail any more. No one will give him money any more. No one will have him in their homes anymore. No one will take a phone call from him any more.

He'd rather drink. He. Would. Rather. Get. Drunk. than have a home, a family or a job, or even a bed. Last I heard he made it to some big city where now he lives on the streets.

You do not want him in your vacant home that you are trying to sell.

well then your laws are different here you need to pay the taxes and the utilities. Usually you need to spend some money to fix up the property also to prove you are serious about living there. If you don't do any of that stuff and just squat the property in a tent you could be jailed for trespassing or breaking and entering

another big thing is that automobiles could be pooled like the norse country do with bikes. that way cars aren't just stting idle 95% of the time and so much production power doesn't need to be wasted on em so they can sit in a lot amongst thousands of others waiting for a dealership to sell em to richfags.

Pretty sure it's five. Might be seven or eight, I don't care enough to look it up.

Point is, squatters rights do exist within the United States. But the second the owner of that land finds you on it and gives you the boot, all that time resets. Doesn't matter if you were a month away from hitting the limit before the cops were called, if you try squatting on that land again you've gotta wait the full five/seven/eight years all over again.

Though there is some sort of clause about landowners knowing you're there but not shooing you away or charging you. So if you own a house or land besides where you're living and you find someone else there then you should call the cops to get them removed for trespassing.

It used to be a time when this shit only came from Sup Forums... fake infographs and misquotes and that type of shit... but this is not Sup Forums. Where is this newfound faggotry coming from? Has the devil risen from hell?

Once again the government favours lazy unemployed people. And who is gonna pay for it? The hardworking man. I am so sick of this

More like the government figures if you're going to own something like land or a house, you should at least have the decency to maintain it. If you're pushing the better part of a decade and you haven't even laid eyes on your property or stepped foot near it then it's as if you don't really own it to begin with, you're doing nothing more than paying taxes on something you don't appear to even intend to use.

>That's enough for every nigger to vandalize and render uninhabitable six.

Prescription. It exists in European law too.

Have you ever even spoken to a homeless person? The vast, VAST majority are homeless because they are sociopaths. Some are somewhat functional former criminals that ruined their chance at getting a job, but those are more rare than you would think.

I worked for a homeless shelter and outreach program for 3 years while I was in college. I still donate a lot of my time to local homeless outreach programs. The best, most realistic way to manage homelessness is giving them a place to stay when it's cold, and giving them food to dissuade them from stealing. That's really all they want. None of the ones that we put in nursing homes or helped find a job stuck with it. When questioned about why they wakes away they always, ALWAYS said they couldn't stand dealing with people everyday.

I know you see these stories on TV that play up how this one homeless man had a beautiful voice (or some other gift) and all he really needed was for someone to give him a chance, but look into what happens with these people a couple years down the road. Virtually all of them end up bankrupt, in prison, or back on the street. Many times worse off than before they were "given a chance". Just leave the homeless alone. They are where they want to be.

The condition of those homes... they're vacant for a reason.
Most are probably banked owned, so stop pointing your finger at the government.

20-25% of the homeless are also mentally ill. You'd just give them a house and throw them right back into society?

It's a common myth, almost no where actually has that law in their books, not even as a precedent.

The closest thing I've heard of is if you buy a house with a mortgage and someone else pays the bills/interest, it becomes theirs. That being said, this was an old Australian law that was thrown out a very long time ago for very good reason, it made a lot of rich lawyers and a lot of poor migrants who were once rich.

For interests sake, my mother's family would have been the richest in Melbourne if not for that law.

There's so many people ITT defending the right of men owning multiple houses and not doing anything with them. Why? Do you care about personal freedom? Don't you understand that by hoarding land a man is restricting the freedom of others by driving up prices and limiting the amount of land for every other fellow citizen?

Yeah, but do we really want them to have sex? If they start having sex with each other, then they're just going to create more homeless children.

Butthurt faggot lefty is butthurt.

Pool your own shit first, Commie.

After five years, we'll consider pooling everyone else's shit first.

And if you gave the homeless people 6 houses, they'll destroy them or lose them, or have heaps of babies, and then you'll need to build more houses

Also the homeless like living in tents, that's why they don't do anything except begging to get out of that situation

THE BEST WAY TO HELP THE POOR IS NOT BECOME ONE OF THEM

So what?

You're a faggot.

Listen to Australia.

His government gave homes to Abbos and all they did was tear out the copper piping, and turn them into really expensive huts.

Your average homeless person is about as smart, and useful as an Abbo.

You're Australian so you wouldn't understand the issue. Land is cheap and plentiful in America. Renting is always the superior option anyway. Literally the only reason to own is to play little house in the Prairie. Aside from homesteading I can't think of a single reason to own.

yes, because when you're homeless, hungry, tired and desperate and have nothing left to lose, the first thing that springs into your mind when you find a place to sleep is "you know... i might get into trouble for this"

if thats true then why dont them lazy homeless niggers move in and renovate the property, grow a productive garden, and not be homeless anymore.

>The city with the most vacant houses is Detroit.
>The city with the largest homless population is San Francisco.
Ok, now what Einstein?

>build nice house in a remote location
>make it easy for squatters to get in
>it is filled with ingenious deathtraps
>cameras everywhere
>edit and sell the videos
>get rich
>fuck bitches
Am I into something here?

I bet it makes your bleeding heart hurt to think about those poor widdle homewess. :(((((

>Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?
No. No it does not.
There is nothing to think about here.

and then they trash them

good job

Homeless people don't want a house, many have money or fami5lits willing to help. They literally want to be homeless

> WHY are they homeless to begin with?
> Are they anti-social/disaffected by the lifestyle presented with home ownership/residence?
> Are they drug addicts? Then they should probably go to a controlled rehab program rather than having housing distributed to them.

Your not looking into the complexity of the issue.
> I wonder if it actually does make -you- think....

I don't think you understood his point, he's saying that many a homeless person does not care if squatting is illegal because why would they? They have nothing anyway.

Why ot just build your own home? My great grand pappy did it and I did it so what is your excuse?

Um, if these "vacancies" are in places like Detroit, Oakland, Camden, etc, then DUH.
If I'm homeless, I'm going to where the FOOD is at!

Look at all these brand new unsold cars, guess it's perfectly fine to give one to each person without a car, yes?
Houses are someone's property, what's so difficult about that concept?

But the issue with cars is that they sell them at extortion prices even though hundreds of thousands just sit on lots and not sold. GM has this problem and yet go buy one here, they are expensive as shit.

No, I understood his point.

I'm still mocking him for making it from a leftist position.

Now I'm gonna mock you for being a dense faggot.

Not being able to obtain land is probably the main reason.

Let several homeless people share each abandoned house. Then burn it down with them in it. Eventually you will have cleared enough viable land to make a white utopia.

When it was easy as hell to get a decent job and to buy a house in America there was nearly 0 homeless people.

Makes you think huh

>REAL LIFE HOMELESS SAW 3 BUMFIGHTS CHAINSAW DEATHMATCH

YESYESYESYES

Your grand pappy didn't have to jump through a thousand hoops arm get a thousand permits. Also the price of land and materials were extremely low

You tell me why we don't just build our houses

Yea, those homeless ppl are fucking morons if there are that many and they can't get a house.

Mammy government makes you pay propert taxes, utilities, fees and subcharges that add up very fast and never end.

Home ownership is a myth

The point is that just because someone's property is sitting somewhere unused doesn't give you the right to take it.

So the elites aren't my fellow man? Is this the lizard overlord meme in real time? Amazing...

1 guy got away with it and they changed the law

youtube.com/watch?v=wB_hjqZQ1UY

Who is going to pay the taxes for the homeless living in these empty houses? Who will pay for their utilities? Who will buy their food and health care? How many diseases will they bring into these neighborhoods? Are they bringing drugs and violence with them? Who will pay for the increased police presence in these neighborhoods to keep them safe?

Seems like it isn't a very good idea for the rest of society to hand free shit to people who won't appreciate it or contribute to help pay for it.

so are the drugs they are smoking and the panhandling they spend all day doing...

So they get kicked out when they get caught and move on to one of the other 5 that is apparently available to them.

Everyone should be aware of this very obvious PSYOPS (Psychological Operations) slogan circulating around pol. The OP will write “Kinda makes you think...” with a liberal leaning meme or story meant to sway our opinion on the matter. These are planned operations to convey selected information and indicators to influence our emotions, motives, and objective reasoning. They think they can ultimately change our behavior and thoughts. Do not fall for it. Do not let this happen.

Now if only homeless people would go live in all those empty homes in Detroit instead of hanging around in New York and San Francisco.

It's almost like they recognise that some cities have better prospects for begging and employment, or like they don't want to leave their family and friends behind and travel several hours away.