Series finale of The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore is on. Cancelled due to low ratings

Series finale of The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore is on. Cancelled due to low ratings.

How did you feel about his show?

I didn't like him as a host. Not very funny. Comedy Central does not need two of these shows anymore. The previous shows were only successful due to the likability of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. The new hosts are not as funny.

He's a nigger so it was bad before production began.

unfunny racebaiting

they're afraid to pick a white person who's actually funny

at least give us a funny jew

great discussion as usual.

FUCK YOU, YOU RACIST TRUMP SUPPORTER

Stewart is on now.

That guy is unfunny, uncharismatic, and a race baiter. Bernie Mac Show must have been all Bernie's doing.

I don't believe he needs glasses to read

Featuring a guest appearance from Jon Stewart, a man who has aged ten years since the last time we've seen him.

what more is there to discuss?

>gets cancelled for not finding an audience
>YOU TOTALLY HAVE AN AUDIENCE

Jeez

Even Obama doesn't think he's funny, Larry Wilmore's lack of comedic talent is a universal truth.

What the hell happened to him, anyway? He really does look like an old man now.

for being such a race baiting faggot, he sure looks like a white guy dipped in ice tea.

>unfunny, uncharismatic, and a race baiter.
This.

The fucking Chappelle Show had better racial social commentary than this trash. I'm a left-leaning moderate, and I sincerely believe racial politics are an important discussion topic, but Larry Wilmore is such a fucking fraud.

Yeah dude, we're really going to progress racial relations between blacks and whites by getting shitty twitter comedians to discuss buzzword topics and shit on the entire white population of the US. That'll show us!!

Ever since stepping away from the spotlight he just stopped giving a fuck about his appearance. Same thing happened to Letterman.

I think Larry is funny but his kind of comedy is not suited for a talk show. Part of the problem/what was great about him was he didn't give a shit about the guest and would talk serious shit to their face. I like it as a viewer but it probably made the show hard to run.

Larry was good on The Daily Show. Not on this though. This sort of show should've been given to Wyatt Cenac if anyone.

Stewart just laying on the compliments.

I admit, I didn't watch Larry's show as much as I watched Colbert's. The show almost exclusively discussed issues of race and discrimination. So it was essentially the same shit every episode.

At least The Daily Show covers a wide variety of topics.

>you started a conversation with show
>conversation won't end now that your show is cancelled

Sure it won't

The few times I watched it, it seemed like Black Lives Matter: The Show. Literally nothing but "black perspective" jokes. That kind of material can be funny, but not for the entire duration of the show, every episode.

As for the daily show, I like Trevor. To me it was ruined by the terrible newer correspondents like Jessica Williams and Brad McChadThad or whatever the white guy's name is.

I'm liberal as fuck and these shows suck.

Finally. Hated him, hate his voice, hate his show format

I've always had trouble with his delivery, even when he was on the Daily Show, and I think it plays a part in why he failed.

That said, when it came to topics of science, he was like the only voice I had seen on a show of that format that had a rational and down to earth view of topics like that. He was like a non-idiotic version of Bill Maher.

So this is like the funniest things that have ever been on the show?

>The show almost exclusively discussed issues of race and discrimination.
Bingo. Racial politics are "so hot right now" and they tried to capitalize on the hot topic, but doing so alienated most of the target audience.

Race relations is a very important topic for discussion, but when that's all you talk about the pandering to SJW millennials becomes so obvious it's insulting to anybody with a brain.

Larry Wilmore delivers his punchlines in a fast, monotone voice. I can't understand what he says sometimes.

The Daily Show, Full Front, Last Week Tonight. They're so fucking bland and one-note. Occasionally they have a funny or incisive moment, but they're more concerned with preaching to the choir instead of focusing on good writing and satire.

I pretty much stopped watching it after the race baiting bullshit.

I then came to realise (and I'm sorry to derail the thread with political bullshit) that the left had LEFT me.

It was just more bullshit with feels over reals.

I'm glad it's cancelled. I've stopped watching these """news""" programs and I've decided to stick with based Libs such as Dave Rubin or Sargon.

>It's a flashbacks finale
Shitty show deserves a shitty finale

For me, it's less so because of that (but I can see it being bad for others), and more that he kind of always has the same voice, which I don't think can work universally for all his jokes, and the fact that a lot of his punchlines will labor the point and lack subtlety, and so you get a kind of "preaching to the choir" deal.

Heh, it's time for this nigger to get sent out to the tree.

I'm cringing hard.

>the crowd isn't even into these bants

This is sad. Also you guys are needlessly upset with the fact that this show even existed.

In before this gets screencapped and posted on reddit and tumblr to show how racist and awful Sup Forums is, likely by the person who posted this comment.

anyone got a stream

Wow hilarious joke bro

Nah, I'm not going to do any of that I just don't like him or niggers and wanted to let everyone know it.

>Sully

It's not called "White Flight"

The two funniest regular panelists aren't even here for the finale. The black guy with the tense forehead and the Cuban kid always had the best jokes.

Man, this is a train wreck

It was obvious that they were training John Oliver to be the backup guy. Then he left to HBO and both John and Colbert left quickly. They had nothing else. So they scrambled. They got Wilmore on 11:30, and asked all the correspondants if they wanted to replace jon. Every single one of them said no, except Trever Noah. They all knew that it was an impossible task to replace Jon.

So now CC is stuck with a failure at 11:30, and Mr. Boring at 11:00. Sam Bee, Oliver and others have taken the cultural relevance that TDS had.

What made chappelle's show work so much better? That tackled the topic of race a lot, too

for one, it wasn't a talk show

Where does Larry Wilmore go from here? A show in msnbc?

It wasn't all he talked about.

Comedy show that mostly satirized racal stereotypes. Focus was on comedy first and pointing out the absurdities of life.

TNS was just Wilmore preaching and turning every issue into race, and making things black/white.

Likely back to whatever he was doing before. He's not big enough for MSNBC. He was just some guy, he got a minor spot on TDS, then a show.

Not at all. People are mad because it was often as bad as expected, and dipped below the low expectations a few times.

Chapelle's Show was a funny sketch comedy show with a funny host. It works for the same reason Key & Peele works.

Jail, do you really think he can just get away with bombing at the white house?

it had actual jokes beyond "Fuck Conservatives and Whites"

It was funny and not racist, it poked fun at race but wasnt racist like the nightly show.

GO UZBEKICHAN!

I'm a leftist and I fucking hate Larry Wilmore and his awful show. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Chappelle's Show was racist as well. Dave did white face. The racism was ok because it was funny.

That Bill Nye segment still makes me unreasonably upset.

"Niggers lol!" aside I think he just couldn't connect in the way Stewart/Colbert could, take a look at the finale for example, it sums up the entire show. Jon stewart was the biggest celebrity they could get, meanwhile the daily show had 100s of cameos. Also everything had to be "racist", it was SOOOOO obvious he was bias, there was no way we could connect with him he was just like every news station. While Stewart made fun of both worlds, and to some extend Colbert did this as well but not quite as well as Stewart. If a Democrat was crazy, then Stewart would call them out. If a Republican was crazy, Stewart would call them out. Wilmore would only call out Rebulicans and if any Democrats did shit they'd be defended by him. This is why he no longer has a show, and Trevor Noah is next if he doesn't stop acting like every news station. He's got to find a creative way to tell the news or he's gone.

After I saw that franchesca ramsey was on the show and after that bullshit with "Who cares about water on Mars!" when they had Bill Nye on the show I stopped watching the show.

I liked the Nightly Show and its staff.
That said, the constant Cosby jabs got old. Well, that's another thirty minutes I'll have to do something else.

That girl is so beautiful. I'm watching this cringey show just for her.

milana?

>only legit answer in thread

get out faggot.

Yes. She's perfect.

Why? Nye is a faggot.

It was the television portion of Black Twitter, literally retarded racebaiting.

One down, Daily Show to go.

He is, yeah.

The people on the show weren't much better though, inviting him on to talk about life on Mars and cutting him off before he can get 5 words out to make some shitty unfunny puns that had them, and only them, doing that exaggerated screeching laugh you'd see from a racist caricature of a black person.

The Daily Show still has potential. Trevor Noah isn't that bad. The show needs better writing and better guests.

He's pretty shit and won't last long if he keep up the "TRUMP SUCKS LOL" formula.

patrician opinions

He's a very funny writer with lots of good shows who was determined to be in front of a camera no matter. He was totally out of his element in a political show and should stick to writing jokes and creating shows for other people

Larry Wilmore has been the writer and/or producer behind pretty much every comedic show with a black lead that was even worth kind of watching.

The Nightly Show was him trying to Tina Fey his way in front of the cameras. Except unlike Tina Fey he took the first chance he got instead of choosing the one that best fit him

it was insightful, poked fun at all sides, and most importantly was hilarious.

It was racist, but it didnt have the accusatory tinge Wilmores show has.

Dave first of all was really funny and had funny writers who weren't looking to push any one agenda. Sometimes his sketches were picking on whites, sometimes picked on blacks, and a lot of time neither. It all came from a place of legitimate culture jamming satire, that's also helps. Dave liked to insert his commentary very subtley.

I'll sum up every episode in greentext

>and of course WHITE PEOPLE
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>and of course police and black people
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>some jokes about twitter, reddit, or fox news formed by under 40 writers, most likely half women, mostly black

How did no one find this show funny omg

This is a perfect example of how bad Sup Forums is now. Before people would talk about hanging nigger faggots from a tree or whatever, and no one gave a shit.

FUCK off

Last Week Tonight in particular upsets me because it's a clever premise for one of these shows and the few times they completely steer away from politics it's pretty good. I mean, John Oliver isn't funny in the slightest, but he used to at least cover interesting things now and again.

Sup Forums used to be about anime, and photoshopping hats onto pictures of kittens.
The whole edgy phase wasnt here in the beginning, and at this point is pretty much gone

These are the newfags who came here after "anonymous" was on the news.