Stop defending this shit

It's 20-fucking-16. There's nothing wrong with a diverse cast of characters. Look at Suicide Squad or Rogue One. Diverse cast. No problems.

This, though? This is shit.

Mary Jane is one of the most iconic comic book love interests. Right up there with Lois Lane. When you're adapting iconic characters like Superman and Lois Lane, you keep that as consistent to the comics as possible. You add new things in to make it more interesting, but you keep the characters the same.

You can change characters like Heimdall because who gives a shit about Heimdall. But Mary Jane fucking Watson? No. Her ginger ass is as iconic as Spider-Man swinging from a fucking building. You don't change that shit.

I keep seeing people defend this change, too. Stuff like "Marvel hasn't made a casting mistake before!" This isn't Marvel's casting choice. This is a Sony movie. Let me say that again really loud.

THIS IS A SONY MOVIE.

Have people forgotten the shit stain of forced agenda that was Ghostbusters (2016)? Do you know who made that? SONY

Marvel may have a heavy hand in the story and the direction the characters go in, but this is a Sony movie first and foremost. They're the ones making the final decisions on these sort of things. Not Marvel.

If this is anything like Ghostbusters (2016), then Zendaya will be a shit Mary Jane with her Disney Channel "acting" and people will hate her but then Sony will do the same thing they did with Ghostbusters (2016) and blame any hate she gets on racist trolls.

It's fucking retarded and I hate this shit. Fuck Sony and their ""progressive"" bullshit.

Reminder that if you disagree with this casting decision, you are a racist.

go back to Sup Forums

>THIS IS A SONY MOVIE.
Only distributed by Sony, they have nothing to do with the production.

Why is it always a nigger though?

How come it's never an Asian or Hispanic?

She's not playing Black Cat? Missed opportunity there.

No one had problems with FAST FURIOUS series' diversity because it wasn't forced. People only hate it because they keep rebooting the same old shit just with people with different skin color. By they, I mean (((they))).

Colombia Pictures is a Sony subsidiary my dude.

Meh. Black Cat > Gwen Stacy > MJ anyway.

Call me when Felicia finally gets a movie.

I think this is less about forced diversity or whatever and more about it being the third fucking Spiderman movie series in a decade. If they don't make it stand out then people just won't care.

Supposedly all of the casting outside of Peter Parker was done by Sony.

I actually don't mind shit like this.There are multiple universes in Marvel/DC, the movies do not have to follow the comic lore.One thing that sort of bothered me though was in Daredevil.Ben Urich.I don't mind them changing the character to a black guy, but why couldn't they change his surname?I know African-Americans don't necessarily have to have Anglo surnames but it was just hard to get past, I don't know why they didn't just change it to Ben Upton or something.

This bullshit pandering when half of the cast have to be ethnic is unnecessary though.

I'm going to complain that she's too fucking skinny

skeleton bitch

>black people got curves
>hire half white skeleton bitch

Who cares? Spider-man is shit

There's literally not a single white character besides Spider-Man.

Aunt May? And the villain is a white male, naturally.

Its kind of funny how diversity itself is losing its effect. Even Sup Forums is guessing that reboots and adaptions will feature raceswapping
I think people will grow tired of it in 2 or 3 years and we'll be back to the norm

>Mediterranean

You can thank Sony. They're the ones distributing it.

News flash they're also the ones who were behind Ghostbusters.

This is NOT Disney's fault. They have a track record of having movies with aren't to the SJW tone.

Fine, but Michael Keaton is white.

I was with you guys at first being all pure and shit about the red hair and white skin but this actually works on her desu
As for her performance that remains to be seen. Let's see if Disney acting works.

This.
Marve'ls done.. The SJW/Tumblr plague has caught up to them

I got no problem with this chocolate qt and MJ Watson is a shit character whose only good use is for Spiderman to save

She looks like she can suck cock like a champ

wait so they're actually going to dye her hair red like some rihanna shit? this makes me more mad than her being cast in the first place. If you hire a black girl dont make her change her hair just to appeal to the comics when you already changed so much about the character fuck

No. Marvel is not done.

Spiderman is literally the only marvel franchise Sony has their hands on.

So what? They made Lois Lane into a blonde in Man of Steel/BvS and nobody complained because it was a white bitch.

>black chick with red hair

Literally the WORST possible combination.

>Zendaya bringing BLEACHED to the mainstream
Based. Gingers are freaks of nature to begin with.

I don't approve of this casting choice at all, and I'm black.

Felicia is a scummy criminal
Gwen is dead and fucked the Goblin
MJ's kicking butt with her husband and daughter this fall

Advantage: the latter

looks like a red velvet and chocolate cake

disgusting

>blonde
you mean ginger

>0% divorce rates for white men and white women
this is proof that whities should only marry other whities

Go to bed Quesada. You lost.

ugh, MJ fags are the worst

And anti-marriage fans are the reason the books went to shit and why you lot can't even get into the top 20 anymore.

is true, the only thing I know about MJ is that she is hot, red haired and Spiderman is always saving her

Let's be fair. Rihanna's was bright as shit red. This is mellower and works with her skin.

Comic books never went to shit, they were always shit.

>all this white whine

I'm a massive Spider-Man fan, I've been reading the comics for 17 years now. I'm cool with this.

I'm mixed race btw, lol.

I'm not saying it looks bad, Zendayylmao is a good looking woman and that hair is pretty sexy but its stupid that they had her dye her hair for the role. I mean if you're goin to hire a black actress for a character that is ginger just have her be a normal black girl

I don't like it, she looks like Rihanna or an Ariel cosplayer.

>MRA/pol liking comics

Bad news, no entertainment is is ever going to cater to you.

>Look at Suicide Squad

It's a giant pile of shit.

>Rogue One

The lead actress looks fucking abysmal. It's also got some weird Muzzie fetish thing going on. Sorry, but I religion always gets my fedora tipping.

>Mary Jane is one of the most iconic comic book love interests.

Spider-Man is for children and literal retards.

If you care about this shit as an adult in a non Sup Forums racist way, you're opinion is worthless.

And if you care about it in a Sup Forums "muh cultural indoctrination!" manner, you have bigger fish to fry than some not-quite-specific-ethnicity actress playing a role in a shitty kids flick.

Anyway, it's a Sony movie, as you said, so who gives a fuck. It will be another bomb.

Nice source.

That´s not what that means. If 100 white couples get a divorce, only 56 white male/black female couples do, and 200 black male/white female do. I doubt it´s true anyway.

I think this could work. I like Zendaya anyway.

Also I would have loved a Miles Morales Spiderman movie.

where the fuck is that movie? The already had the perfect actor but he may be too old now.

>you're opinion is worthless
Good job making your comment into total bait

Then why do racist black people get catered to?

But that's a weak argument on your end. Kirsten Dunst was blonde when she did the Raimi films. Why not just have her be a normal blonde?
Besides we've seen set photos already and the character puts shit in her hair, so dying it later on in the movie would make sense

>I'm mixed race
>I'm ok with them hanging main characters to mixed race from white.

Yeah, who would have guess. You're totally not biased at all.

Fuck off.

Rogue one looks fine for what it's meant to be.

they're not even doing anything bad.

Shit for brains: the post

No more biased than anyone white.

>racist black people

There's nothing racist about this. And I'm not saying only white people ca be racist. I'm saying you're an idiot.

>being this mad about capeshit
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't care about capeshit. I care about forced agendas ruining films.

So the actual phrase is more like, "Once you go black, you're 200% more likely to go back?"

kek

I'm not b8ing. You're an idiot.

I think it looks kinda cool. The Muzzie stuff bothers me, but that's my personal hang up. I do think the lead actress looks terrible, and that's not about it being a female lead - I just think SHE in particular looks really bad.

Unless you go WMBF

Rogue one doesn't look bad at all

>Ruining something that will already be shit

Who cares?

If you were to be honest and say;

>I don't want mixed race people being normalized or racial diversity being promoted towards my children

We could at least have an honest discussion.

They picked the wrong Shake It Up girl

Nah. The lead actress looks woeful. Like, not just *looks* ridiculous, but her acting seems atrocious. The way she walks/carries herself.

Granted, we've seen what amounts to seconds worth of her performance, but it's not pretty.

Everything else looks like top shelf fan fic.

>>I don't want mixed race people being normalized or racial diversity being promoted towards my children
I don't want that either. But if it's going to happen in the media, I want it to feel more natural. The Walking Dead did a good job at changing source material and including an interracial relationship and it worked fine.

Everything apart from the lead looks great. She cant act

>compared to

Yeah still looks really great

>tfw she looks fucking awful

>Look her up so I can watch something by her to get a sense of what she's actually like

>"Dr Who"

Fucking nope

I wasn't the guy you were originally talking to retard.

Also

>He doesn't know about Milwaukee

Get your head out of your ass.

Theory of Everything. She got the Oscar nom for it.

One of the reason the new Spider-Man looks like shit is the fact that the entire cast looks like straight from a Highschool Musical cast

i wish i was kidding

Hey thanks for proving my point dumbass.

>Its ok if I'm biased because I think you're biased.

Atleast I know not to see the new Spiderman movie. I thought Sony made a deal with Marvel to get them to make an actual good Spiderman movie.

Just another movie where we get to see Uncle Ben die for the third time.

Marvels comic section has been done for a while, ruined by abysmal sjw bullshit i can't even begin to grasp

Shocks me to see that they're starting with the movies too though. It wouldn't even be bad if they scrapped mary jane altogether and gave peter a cool black girl as love interest. Invent a new character, who cares you're completely changing the tone anyway. But blackwashing existing characters? That seems so fucking edgy yet again

It's like sony only makes movies to push their freaking agenda these days. Who in the heavens thinks this is a good idea?

>and blame any hate she gets on racist trolls.

people dont hate on black girls with white features. Saldana, Washington, Goode, etc.
It wont be until they cast someone like Leslie Jones that youll hear about it

Amy Pascal Strikes Again

>retards can't tell that this is photoshopped

>who thinks this is a good idea?

Hmmm

I want be happy until I get a reboot where the role of Uncle Ben is played by an actual box of rice. No voice-over, nothing, just people reacting to a box of rice as a character.

You know - REAL acting,

As long as she's hot I don't care

She's like a way uglier version of Selena Gomez.

Hmmm. That's fucking interesting. I still haven't caught up with that.

Have you seen her?

Like the other user said, an even uglier Selena Gomez.

She was in some Disney show with an actual Tranny, and she was the least attractive of the two.

Why cant they just go back to being Hockey team mascots

They day they do a Shaft movie starring an Asian guy, I'll stop complaining about race swapping roles.

But, you can never change the race of a black character. The fact that they're black is just OMG TOO IMPORTANT TO THE CHARACTER. And for white characters, race somehow isn't important to the character.

Like the fact that Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson are Irish-American kids growing up poor in Queens isn't interesting or relevant culturally? The Irish were treated like white niggers for centuries, and you can just race-swap Irish characters because they're white and whiteness isn't an important part of the character?

>nigger lips
wew

dem DSLs

all of it is based on a theory that supposedly fixes social imbalances created by racism. denying minorities roles in movies made a power vacuum and white people became over-represented.

HOWEVER, on that note this logic gets utterly fucked when you reason with the following scenarios:

case 0:

person 1 is white and is an A-grade actor
person 2 is black and is also an A-grade actor

if 1 gets the role, it "maintains the racist institutions" but if 2 gets it its unfair to 1

case 1:

person 1 is white and a B-grade actor
person 2 is black and an A-grade actor

2 should be picked, and this is how this policy SHOULD work. no racism here - just meritocracy.

case 2:

person 1 is white and an A-grade actor
person 2 is black and a B-grade actor

if 1 is picked, its "racist" because 2 didn't have the opportunities to became an A-grade actor. 2 being picked is unfair as well to 1.

now all of these SJWs, nu-males, and feminists think that white people shouldn't complain about unfairness simply because they're white.

It would be alright if she could actually act

If people have such a problem with BLACKED why are they upset by WHITED too?

NO ONE CARED WHEN THIS HAPPENED

case reality:

"ok we blew most of our budget on Tom Holland and Michael Keaton, and oh fuck RDJ is in this movie too for some reason, now what b grade actor can we afford for mary jane?"

The thing is that minorities were never denied film roles. They were represented proportionately.

Interestingly though - Hispanics were OVER represented in 20th century Hollywood.

However, in 21st century Hollywood, African Americans are over represented and Hispanics are UNDER represented, despite over representing in ticket sales.

Yet it's only black people that anyone complains about.

because thats actually a good casting, nobody would mind if they cast a good actress that fits the role but happens to be black or latin or something

who the fuck is zendaya, all i know her from is shes some former disney whore

I did.

this is cultural appropriation

I cared because now we don't get Lobo

This.