Why is men having long hair still not acceptable in society and in jobs?

Why is men having long hair still not acceptable in society and in jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzgGFVJ_dXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it offends niggers

Because it's not the social norm this coming from a straight male with blue hair

Because you end up looking like Dave Grohl

And the sign says long hair freaky people need not apply..

And the sign says you've gotta have a membership card to get inside...huh

Seems acceptable to Steve Harvey.

youtube.com/watch?v=zzgGFVJ_dXY

Social norms have to exist or there's nothing to "rebel" against for a few years before you settle down, get a job, a fat wife, and a few kids.

It makes people feel like they were somehow awesome or inspirational for a few years there man. Before the kids and the mortgage. Well, I'd best let you go, gotta get back to the TPS report. I need to get it done before I can get out for the weekend. Trying for early bro. Trying for early.

Lol mortgage alright money bags I'll just stick to my rent

I have long hair, and a well paying job. I operate heavy equipment, and all people care about is my performance.

It is. The hair simply has to be kempt and professional looking.

>hes a discrete gigolo

no...im special LUL

>he reddit spaces because he never belonged here to begin with

Oh that was pure fantasy and conjecture.

The nearest thing I have to a mortgage is me renting this house instead of apartment (it's cheaper than local apartments).

Bright side: The landlord cuts the grass.

Because not all men look good with long hair so they Made norms so baldies dont feel bad with their lack of manliness, thats why they always say "you look like a girl" to hide their jelly tears

it subliminally conveys that you are too disorganized to get a haircut, thus meaning that you are too disorganized to be handled any real responsibility.

I guess.

I cut my hair once per year. I get treated a lot better by everyone in my job at the beginning of the year compared to the end of it, even though they fucking know me and I've been in the same company for 5 years.

I'm overdue for a cut now and if the last couple of years is anything to go by they will give me a promotion as soon as I do.

People are wierd, is all I'm saying.

That's kind of bullshit since it takes way more dedication to grow and maintain long hair.

sick burn

Ohhh fuck off, stop creating false problems just to feel especial, kys

im basically in the same position and I can confirm this as what really happens

>People are wierd
Do you not realize how autistic your haircut regiment is to non-autists?

i didn't say that it had to make sense. Just that there is a subliminal judgement that those with long hair are less reliable than those with short hair.

>Lack of manliness
Being able to sustain long hair is due to an excess of estrogen, my dude.

Because of christians and the US military, just gas them all.

I really don't think you have the ability to determine what other people subliminally think about haircuts.

Very mature worldview.

my haircut regiment? You mean getting it cut when it gets too long? I mean, I trim the ends semi-regularly to ensure that it looks neat but that's a job for my girlfriend if she's ever bored. Same goes for the beard. Whent he summer comes around I get it all cut off and start again. I'd hardly say it's autistic but then again, I'm not going to start arguing with autists what constitutes autism whilst posting on Sup Forums

no? Then why do you think that it is socially frowned upon to have long hair in polite society? I mean, office culture and actual high paying jobs. I am sure you are allowed ot have any length hair you want and people are still gonna think you are cool when you work as a bartender or welder or whatever poor people do for a living

>ikut muh hair wonce a yeer insted uv eyethur juhst grohwing it owt er keaping it kut
>wy wood peepz tink eyem autist?

>Then why do you think that it is socially frowned upon to have long hair in polite society?
I don't. If you keep it kempt, literally no one under the age of 60 cares.

go back to poe

fk u zizaran

how many long haired people do you see in congress my friend?

How many long haired men are top CEO's within marketing, banking, the industrial sector or, come to think about it, any office job in the world?

There is an unspoken judgement against people with long hair within the business and political world

Those with long hair are musicians, actors, hippies and women

You don't see many 4 star generals with long flowing locks

rip chris cornell

i... actually do not know what you just wrote.

>how many long haired people do you see in congress my friend?
Only the elderly vote for anything but president. This is a well known fact.
>How many long haired men are top CEO's within marketing, banking, the industrial sector or, come to think about it, any office job in the world?
I would imagine quite a few. Then again, the people that own companies are usually part of the 60+ crowd.
>There is an unspoken judgement against people with long hair within the business and political world
That's the kind of logic that Alex Jones listeners employ.
>Those with long hair are musicians, actors, hippies and women
Stop projecting your insecurity.
>You don't see many 4 star generals with long flowing locks
Military regulation is designed to dehumanize individual members by making everyone look the same. It's also not battle effective to have long hair in close combat.

Think harder before pressing submit.

tri sownding it ouwt

Fashion changes. I used to be the only one I knew with a beard, now half the men out there have something going on.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying over it.