Thom yorke thread

post your pics of him, now please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JERwz_sRMk4
youtube.com/watch?v=3OTIZcLWkeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok, your turn now guys

I need funds to write the Cyber-Democratic manifesto.

It will be nice if you can pick me up.

op here
found this on le reddit xddd

Does anyone have the thom yorke pepe?

>Did you know: That the line "Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon" from the opening track of 'Kid A 'is actually autobiographical? Thom Yorke, after a night out with his friends, woke up with to a devilish prank from his friends: A full sized lemon stuff inside of his mouth.

huh.. makes you think

Teehee

Reminder that the real Thom died by drowning in 1993 and was replaced by a body double afterwards
Give me literally any Radiohead track written after Pablo Honey, and I guarantee there will be at least some allusion it

pulk/pull revolving doors

The never-ending references to doors in that song alludes to The Doors, and of course one of the most memorable lyrics in Anyone Can Play Guitar is "I am Jim Morrison".

Subterranean Homesick Alien

Burn the witch

>I keep forgetting the smell of the warm summer air
The band wants to forget the tragic events that took place during the warm summer of 1993.
>Up above, aliens hover making home movies for the folks back home
The aliens, in this case, are actually angels (I believe fake Thom has actually sang angel instead of alien during recent performances). Due to the abrupt and unplanned nature of the band's performance of Anyone Can Play Guitar, some shots were filmed with cheap hand-held cameras, the same types used in countless home movies. If you consider the pool as Yorke's final resting place (or rather, his final home), the performance is essentially a home movie, in the loosest sense of the definition. The folks back home are the viewers that tuned into the edited, tampered-with footage of the show.
>I wish that they'd swoop down in a country lane late at night when I'm driving
If we stick with the angel metaphor, Thom is basically asking to have his soul ripped out and ascend to the heavens while on the road. If we consider that he was very drunk during the MTV performance, the allusion to driving (drunk driving?) makes some sense.

Just

Thanks for this, Thumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=JERwz_sRMk4

but you can see him getting helped out of the pool at the end of the performance. what did they do, throw him back in the pool once the cameras were off?

Choose your favorite Thom era

First off, the chorus of
>You do it to yourself, just you, and that's what really hurts
can be seen as a reference to the drowning- he's the one who jumped in the pool, after all (you and no one else). Then, the first line of the song-
>Can't get the stink off, he's been hanging 'round for days
This refers to the traumatizing memory of Thom's death constantly sticking to the band, "hanging 'round for days" no matter how badly they want to forget it.
>Comes like a comet, suckered you but not your friends
Much like a comet falling from space and smashing into some planet, Thom fell from the stage and directly into the pool. If we are to assume somebody convinced Thom to jump in, he was suckered, leaving only his friends (bandmates) alive.
>Don't get my sympathy, hanging out the 15th floor
This line refers to suicide, in this case someone jumping out of a building. A bit of a stretch, but considering how Thom's death was basically suicide, it sort of connects.
>One day I'll get to you, and teach you how to get to purest hell
Back to the concepts of heaven/hell explored in Subterranean Homesick Alien. As he drowns, he wonders if hell will get to him.

They re-filmed part of the performance- that was the body double you saw.

bottom left thom is objectively the cutest

Bottom left or top right

>Stay in the shadows
During the performance, Thom, Ed, and Phil were wearing sunglasses- everything was dark and shadowy to them I suppose
>This is a low-flying panic attack
A low-flying bombing attack is one historically used to avoid radar detection. This could be taken multiple ways. Interpretation 1- Like a military plane's bomb drops onto the ground to explode and kill many, Thom drops into the pool to kill only himself. Interpretation 2- Radiohead simply bombed the performance as, even with edits, it would go down in infamy. Interpretation 3- an informal defintion for "bombed" is to be intoxicated, and as we all know Thom was very, very drunk during the show. Or 4, maybe he was also having a panic attack.
>If you float you burn
Thom's body did indeed float. However, he did basically the opposite of burning.
>Shoot the messengers
The record label, and by extension the band went through a great deal of effort to cover up the death, even going as far as killing people who spread the message, Honestly I might not have that much time to live boyos

hat Thom

secret option

Lance Yorkle

twink thom is best thom

best taste ITT

top right kid a/amnesiac thom was objectively the most handsome
hat thom is the most adorable
i relate to OKC thom the most

youtube.com/watch?v=3OTIZcLWkeY

The agents invaded the sewers, now we don't know whos the real Thom posting.

what if we are all thom

Yeah but he rarely manifest himself. He got a lot of things to do to actually browse Sup Forums.

He needs to catch a plane