How exactly did the critics get it SO wrong?

How exactly did the critics get it SO wrong?

This was a good flick, that's all it was trying to be. They've rated other flicks high in the past (like every Marvel product) so what's the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nah it was shit

Horde stuff was great. Alliance stuff was shit. Hated that jontron looking mage fucker.

I don't know. That tomato score is too high.

idk but I wanted to buttfuck that broccoli looking girl

Put me to sleep.

They couldn't understand the world. Duncan wants to reveal what was left out in the sequels, but for people fresh to the series, all they saw was a bunch of inexplicable stuff happening with no idea where or what the people on the screen are. Garona, for example; who the fuck is she? Nobody knew.

Also the pacing was horrible and dramatic/romantic scenes fell horribly flat as a result. The guy who played khadgar was also a joke

Khadgar and Medihv were the only 2 decent humans. At least they put effort into their characters and we cared about them, the other stormwind humans were just awful

honestly they should have kept to the book and focused mainly on khadgar and medivh. also the medivh guy should have been older, at least a different actor

the vikings dude is barely in the book but in the movie he's got like 1/3 of the screentime

they also cut down heavily on the cgi budget, because that black cube scene with medivhs mother was supposed to be like 2 or 3 vivid visions that khadgar has when he's medivhs apprentice, and one of them involves a massive dragon battle vs the burning legion, emphasis on LEGION. another one is a vision of medivh talking to guldan when guldan is sleeping

but yeah. this movie will be remembered as the "batman begins" of warcraft. it's not good, but it was never supposed to be, and it never could have been, because the warcraft1 story is just too boring and bad. arthas movie when. illidan movie when

Khadgar was miscasted. Otherwise, a really fun flick. Hope they make more.

>murloc cameo

It was pretty average. The orc parts were pretty great, but the human parts sucked mostly due to the studio cutting out most of their scenes so it could fit into the two hour time slot.
It's a shame, those retards could have had another Lord of the Rings or at the very least a Hobbit trilogy and they decided to fuck it up by shortening it because knuckle dragging millennials and their low attention spans.
And now those lazy fuckers won't even give the fans an extended director's cut and will just stuff the deleted scenes of their poorly edited movie into the extras section.

It was bad to mediocre:

The pacing was shit, with locations changing constantly and for no real reason. Going to Goldshire made no sense except for fanservice.
The CGI was too obvious and the costume design was shit, all the armor looked like it was made of cheap plastic.
They ruined the lore in order to establish a direct connection to the current WoW story for new players who don't know or care about Warcraft's history.

I could go on, but it was simply too rushed, too much fanservice, too much "plot" crammed into too little time. The fight sequences were poor, the CGI was awful etc.

>tfw you'r king is half nigger

Trump supporters love it, intelligent people hate it.

>libtards
>intelligent
go to your kindergarden, play with shillary

Only Burgerland critics hate it.

Medivh was okay because he didn't have a lot of lines. Lothar was decently acted. Khadgar looked like an extra and acted like a cartoon character -- totally unrealistically and in the most boring way possible. It was hard to watch.

Should have started with WC2, then went full retarded with Thrall

>Hated that jontron looking mage fucker.

Same. He look literally like he was cosplaying holy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ

>best scene of the movie was deleted

God damn fucking retards, I wonder how many good scenes they cut in order to make more room for the shitty human subplots.

It wasn't that good either, it was like okay, but maybe that's because I never played the videogame so I didn't knew shit before watching it. I liked it because of the orcs though,