Just watched this and really enjoyed it

Just watched this and really enjoyed it.

However I'm interested to see how far Sup Forumss retarded contrarianism goes.

Did Sup Forums like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypyI2U72LVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums mostly just trolls itself over it.

>"Ugh feminist propaganda!"
>"How can you say that?? It shows how dumb women are and how they need men to fix everything! That makes it our movie!"
>"Traffic scene was GOAT."

Etc.

They basically play out like reverse-Bechdel debates.

What's the argument for it being feminist propaganda? The lead being female? Is that all it takes? I know Hollywood is constantly enforcing progressive storylines/roles etc. but I can't see it in this.

Also the traffic scene was GOAT.

It was almost universally liked. All of Villeneuve's work is appreciated here.

Sup Forums isn't "contrarian". Anyone that uses "contrarian" seriously is a faggot.

you just used it, faggot.

>All of Villeneuve's work is appreciated here.
What about the constant hate and general imbecility in every Arrival thread?

Prisoners is constantly shit on

saw it yesterday

i liked it.

Can someone explain this torture scene? What exactly did he do it him? What's the giant water bottle for?

I love it. I wish there were more low-key operator kino like this. It bothered me when del Toro went all Splinter Cell.

The water was to waterboard him.
Not sure what pic related was about

intimidation.

prisoners is his weakest film though

PURE

OPERATOR

KINO

Yeah waterboarding is what I first thought too. However, the way he approaches his crotch on him, people say he proceeded to rape him...

I'm sure I'm wrong but waterboarding really doesn't look that bad.

you must never have come close to drowning then.

beautifully shot

inb4 torture scene/rape meme

Drowing is one of the worst ways to die. Imagine if it just kept going on and on and you didn't even get to die afterwards

I've actually hear drowning is the best way to go. You get a shit load of endophins released just before you die.

?

Tell that to Arngier's waterlogged neck!

>It shows how dumb women are and how they need men to fix everything!
This is how it is in the real world, especially when it comes to law-enforcement and crime. That's pretty much what the movie is trying to say otherwise there would be no reason to cast a woman as a SWAT team member.

nothing happens the movie

>SWAT

Get out.

>Sup Forumss retarded contrarianism
jesus christ, please just go back to fucking reddit

maybe get off grindr and watch the film

What?

His point is that Sup Forums has to come up with anti-feminist reasons to like the movie when that was never the message.

I liked prisoners butt thought sicario was too one dimensional

But it was the message, though.

He's probably really thirsty and so he wouldn't give him any water unless he talks

It's probably the worst torture method there is . It's basically you feeling like your 1 second of dieing, but for an infinite amount of time since you aren't dieing. Try inhaling water and see how awful that feels, then imagine that horrible feeling for hours on end

Get your shit and get out.

What triggered you so hard, family?

wow thats some autistic rage

yeah but you know you're not going to die, you won't be disfigured etc.

sounds like the preferred method of tortue

why not just hold your breath?

posted this before

>75% of the movie is emily blunt's character being led around by the CIA guys and saying "what are we doing here". they just reply "are you coming or not?", and she agrees to go with them
>benecio del toro takes out a million guys on his own and is unstoppable
>nothing really happens and you find everything out at the end
>lame ending
>thinking Emily Blunt can act

Lol, there it is

He raped him. The water was a bait and switch because we anticipated water boarding. Water boarding was probably a back up plan.

My sides

I thought it was boring as fuck, I didn't like any of the characters and so I had no emotional investment in any of them because of this I didn't care whether they lived or died so there was no tension for me.

You can die from it, but they would probs do Cpr to stop you from dieing

She wasn't SWAT. Now get out you civilian pleb.

no he didn't knock it off

% of the movie is emily blunt's character being led around by the CIA guys and saying "what are we doing here". they just reply "are you coming or not?", and she agrees to go with them
That's because she's told she will find the men responsible for the explosion at the beginning.
>benecio del toro takes out a million guys on his own and is unstoppable
yh he's based af
>nothing really happens and you find everything out at the end
Lots happen and you can try and work out what they're up to if you have enough brain cells
>lame ending
Perhaps, I liked it
>thinking Emily Blunt can act
Kys if you dont think that

>disliking based Blunt

Get out. She's one of the few young female actors that can actually sell a role. She commits to performances and manages to strike a balance between gravitas and femininity. Something her counterparts are absolutely shit at.

It's very clearly intimated that he raped him.

fucking loved it.

Everything about it, its like a better Tropa de Elite (which is pretty great as well).

The first scene in the movie is her literally geared up as SWAT.

They said she was a HRT team lead. HRT is the highest level of SWAT in the country.

She was just regional FBI SWAT not HRT

It's been a minute since I've seen it but I'm pretty sure that during the sandals scene they tell Brolin she was on HRT prior to the events in the film.

i like to pretend it's a prequel to Way of the Gun, and Alejandro now goes by Mr. Longbough.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypyI2U72LVM

He says she's been leading a kidnap response team. Makes it sound like hostage rescue team but it's not, just a specialized regional SWAT unit

The first half of Sicario was godtier.

After that it fizzles out, and becomes a Bang Bang action flick.

The end especially leaves a bad taste.

6/10, better than average but nothing to write home about.

>Try inhaling water and see how awful that feels
A certain percentage of people have a reflex where their windpipe will pinch shut as soon as water hits their bronchial tubes so they end up suffocating rather than drowning.

Ohhhhh I assumed they were referring to HRT. My b.

Lie down in your bath, put a facetowel over your face and turn on the faucet/shower, then imagine it being 10x worse

It's pretty good but very overrated. Direction is top notch but the script and story itself are television tier, just like Prisoners. Here's to hoping that Arrival and Blade Runner 2 reach Villeneuve's potential

how would it be 10 x worse? isnt that all waterboarding is?

80% of that is redditors who don't even know who Villeneuve is.

>The end especially leaves a bad taste
my gf said this but couldn't properly say why.

why?

You have a poor diet. Eat more fruit

Pure kino right there

I don't come to Sup Forums often, but goddamn I absolutely loved that movie. I actually rewatched it a few times which I hardly do.
I can't think of anything wrong with the film at all

idiot

that has to be the worst tagline i've ever read

it was great, nice camera work when they put the night vision goggles on

It was good but also forgettable

what tagline?

The one on the poster in the OP? You retarded?

This would have been 10/10 if Blunt had killed herself by trying to stay moral at the end.

which one, and no im not.

It's a boring movie, but it gets on my nerves with the hilariously gratuitous "operator" scenes that amount to nothing but service in the end.

Also the name is fucking stupid.

Yes, you clearly are.

well if you cant even tell me what one i draw the conclusion that you are the retard

Yes, The cinematography.

it was ok

sicario means hitman

>its like a better Tropa de Elite

You must be literally retarded to actually think that, holy shit.

Sicario had no social commentary or human element to it whatsoever, at worst a passing motion over how sometimes you need to embrace the worst of you to bring about change, but even then very briefly. Elite Squad had a much more complete and solid narrative, both in the characterization and themes, on top of having characters you actually give two shits about.

The music was probably the best part

This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this didn't win any awards and rightly so.

Movie plays out like a Criminal Minds episode about the drug war in Mexico. the writing was amateur and workshopped to hell. You could tell the writer (who is an actor primarily) just read some wikipedia articles and didn't really care about the subject matter. He just used a touchy subject to further his own career. Disgusting.
>but kate, he is wearing FLIP FLOPS! something's going on with him, can't you see?
>wait a minute... you're a spook! right? the audience hasn't understood that yet, so let me say it again! you are cia, right?
>this illegal massacre witnessed by hundreds of civilians will be all over the newspapers tomorrow! wait no it won't be because we are cynical veterans and know this is always gets buried!
>be careful Kate, cops are the ones you can't trust! don't be surprised if in the next act you get betrayed by one, even if he comes out of nowhere
>by the way, they killed his wife and daughter, he is DAMAGED, in case you didn't notice by the way he acts
>by the way I'm an alpha wolf, I'm staring you down, like a wolf, get it?

>needing other people's opinion to validate yours
um... kys??

The entire movie is an excuse for this scene , which earns it the laud as an "operator" movie.

>That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off

I don't understand your problem with this scene, please go into greater depth?

I really enjoyed it but I can understand your other criticisms.

Why bother ever talking to anyone, right? I don't need no validation I'll just sit in silence and do nothing like a real man.

faggot.

this desu, sure its riveting and intense in some scenes. but they dont become as memorable as say No Country for Old Men

Jon Bernthal is hired by the cartel to pursue Emily Blunt after she messes up teir money laundering operation (the source of the specific wrist bands). If Bernthal's character wants to hide the fact that he is working with the cartel, then why is he carrying that ultra specific wristband at that very moment? It's fucking retarded. He might as well have a picture of Emily Blunt with a target around her stupid face.

By your logic, Blackhat is the greatest operator movie of all time.

did you misread my post or are you simply retarded?

you are the latter

He obviously didn't mean to show her it you spastic

Utter trash. Villeneuve is a really bad genre film maker and film after film looks more mediocre and lacks any identity.

Why would a man who is quite literally living a double life as a cop and a member of the cartel screw up that badly by keeping that crucial piece of evidence to connect him to the cartel, KNOWING that Emily Blunt was busting up their money operation and thus knew what kind of wrist bands they used?

Oh yeah here's the answer: It was in the script.

Nobody dies but the bad guys.

Fairy-tale tier.

>Nobody dies but the bad guys
But Americans walk free in the end?

del toros wife and child would have something else to say about that