/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Trial of a Time Lord: Mindwarp edition. Sil is back, Peri leaves, the Doctor's a bit of an asshole but that might just be the Matrix being unreliable. Do you like it?

Went off to marry Brian Blessed:

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
strawpoll.me/11028118
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think unreliable narrator works for this story.

It isn't some kind of extra layer of trickery. It's like "eh, did anything happen at all?"

There is nothing wrong with the trial idea itself, if it had been handled properly.
Unfortunately, I don't believe they made a single good decision in production, except in casting the Valeyard.
The three-wall set is shit.
The lighting is shit.

Setting the trial in a black void, perhaps inside the Matrix, with characters picked out in pools of light, the Valeyard shifting around the void, appearing and disappearing in a sinister fashion, might have made it exciting.

I would have also made the jury completely faceless and shadowy. They should have had their faces shrouded in the Black Cloth, adding the air of an impending execution.

Are they even alive? Is the jury made up of dead Time Lords from the Matrix? Etc

Ideally (now well outside the budget) the Inquisitor would be on a floating throne which glides around the chamber.

But it's shot like a school play and there is no scope for different camera angles so the whole thing is static and unprofessional.

I honestly think an empty space with black drapes and good spotlighting would have been better than what we got.

Just seen on Twitter that there is a "look" at this years Christmas Special at New York comic con.
Trailer?
There's also whispers that both Missy and Capt Jack are in it. How has it already been filmed?

Piss off Connor.

If all I had to go one was this one image I'd say doctor who was a mistake and cancel it

The 15 second shot of the TARDIS at the start was amazing though.

Yeah, thinking about it, that big ass station was actually lame. Timelords degenerated into generic space empire with generic space station.

Come to think of it, why wouldn't the courtroom beon gallifrey? I have a vague recollection of watching some of Trial when I was very young and they were going in and out of the matrix or something and I assumed they were on gallifrey

>It's a deadlock seal
OK so nothing can open it

>It's a double deadlock seal
Why? To make it even morenot openable? If the sonic can't open deadlock seals wwhat's the point of ever writing in a double?

It's uberimpossible.

Yup he pissed away thousands of pounds on a model shot which was awesome but which made the rest of it look even shitter.
Opening the Doctor in a black void and obviously no memory of how he got there could have been dramatically much more interesting and worth development.
Wasted opportunity.
If they ended with the same void with the Doctor and Valeyard clutching each other's throats, spinning off into darkness....
That's poetry.

The entire trial was meant to be revealed as a sham. Done properly it could have all made more sense and been more otherwordly.
It could all have been done in a bubble in the Matrix and left us wondering what was real and what wasn't but in a good way.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 1
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the first ever /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.
/who/ is finally making its unique mark in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Clala) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them. So far we are looking at at least 10 submissions and there is always room for more.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't dump long texts in /who/ directly).

Anyone who wants to do illustrations or comics is encouraged.

Remember, it doesn't have to be good. Just have fun!

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*
bump

I legitimately hate cats.

I legitimately like cats. It's cloister that I can't fucking stand.

They are probably the same person. Cats.

Cats is king of /who/ and the hero we deserve. Prove me wrong. You can't

Why do you think they could be the same person? Cats is cheeky and fun. Cloister just takes up space and contributes nothing. The posting styles are completely different.

Will submissions be credited by other names than user? And if so wouldn't it be a r/gallifrey anthology

>shitty out of focus scan

>Koquillion actually had pupils
I never knew. He looks a lot more like a lizard that way.

>Peri leaves
More like gets fucking murdered. It's okay.

>cats is age 12 confirmed

Someone starts praising cats for no reason ITT, while shitting on another tripfriend, suddenly cats appears.Classic

>all of them are cats using a vpn to change IP each time

>JNT kept the master's tissue compressor

i bet he used it as a dildo

and that concludes my dump.

Why do you hate Cloister now Cats? Lovers quarrel? I thought he was your protection from bans. What happened? Did he not unban you last time you were banned for being a sexual deviant rubbing your peepee in /who/?

Fuck off mongo

>this is cats pretending to be 'mongo' by using some phrases he remembers

>implying you aren't the one immune to bans

have a kinda rare pic that i also scanned

>and this is cats with a new IP but he screwed up by not deleting cats entirely thus giving himself away as usual

Would you watch it?

Thanks Cats. You always balance between shitposting and contributing perfectly. Keeping us on our toes. This is why You're my favorite trip

Christel will never kiss you, cats. Deal with it.

>but he screwed up by not deleting cats entirely
It's a capitol C, while cats12 is all lowercase.

then why is it a capital c

Another IP cats? Which VPN is it you use, mate?

Nice try cats

>talking to yourself

>talking to yourself

>Cats has confused himself unable to figure out which persona is which.

Both of these are cats reaction pics we've seen before, of course.
I hope this VPN use is being investigated.

Yeah he is panicking and flapping now.

>talking to yourself

Because autocorrect capitalized it, probably.

Fuck off with your /x/ tier conspiracy shite, Mongo. Go choke on a kipper you deluded rubbish merchant.

ITT: Autism

Get fucked cunt.

He's angry now.

Ooooh mongo's reeeeeing now, good :^)

You're a terrible copycat, kiddo :^)

Now that I've made all the shitposters shut up, we can now resume discussion.

What happened to cloister, cats, is he dead?

Bored, kiddo?

Oh look Cloister has dropped his trip. I guess his mod application finally went through. Goodnight /who/ it was fun while it lasted.RIP

We are all bored with you, cats, that's certainly true.

Reminder cloister became a mod to protect cats and stifle any discussion he doesn't like and will gleefully ban you for it

>replying twice to the same post, pretending you are two separate people

Can you see my IP cloister?

You seem upset, kiddo :^)

>talking to yourself

What's this Cloister is a mod meme shit?

It's not it's utter nonsense.

Worst of all is he's been AWOL for a good week.

Its that guy who keeps posting "bored, kiddo?" for whatever reason

What's that supposed to mean
not the AWOL

Projecting now, kiddo? So bored that you try to deflect your responsibility of this "Cloister is now a mod" shitposting onto others?

Cloister is probably 'away camping' again.

Sectioned and hospitalized

Then who is doing all the shitposting as cats then?

Episode 1 is titled A Star In Her Eye.
Episode 2 is titled Smile.
Episode 4 is titled House Arrest.

I don't know about episode 3.

piss off Connor

Ah, I remember le fake spoilers meme. Makes me nostalgic.

It will be these though. I have a trustable source.

>Smile

All I'm getting from that are flashbacks to Kirsten O'Brian and Bear Behaving Badly

But a very suspect vocabulary.

>Amy's second episode was about killer automatons with smiles and angry looking mouths
>Bill's second episode will be about killer smileys

Moffat pottery?

Why?

>trustable
>not trustworthy
I think you've triggered /lit/.

IMPORTANT POLL

How good do you think 10x01 will be?

strawpoll.me/11028118
strawpoll.me/11028118
strawpoll.me/11028118

Oh, I see. I use both terms so I don't really see any difference.

it will be GOAT

'trustable' is not really English, that's the difference.

Okay, the crazy user saying the Banshee is a /who/rep might not be that crazy.

REMINDER TO VOTE

We are not interested in your poll, cats.
I see you are the only voter.

He'll use his VPN, mate, and vote for his choice a few times, don't you worry,

Koquillion looked cooler in black and white.

Like clockwork :^)

>talking to yourself

Most things do. The 425 line picture also helped in those days.

you did a better job than me

>le Rose is bad meme