Does AOT suck or not?

Does AOT suck or not?
Have you read the manga, what do you think?
What about characters and story?
I kinda like it, even though it sucks ass objectively.

its mecha anime for people in delial about liking mecha anime

That's what I thought.
Some people are impressed by "originality", but it's just mechs made of flesh.

It's a creepy show with characters trying to outsmart each other, similar to Death Note. Lots of investigating and secrets.

Yeah, but the characters are one-dimensional and don't develop almost at all.
All of them are pretty much the same.
Eren has gotten a little more chill.
Mikasa is still the same.
Armin is a little less of a cunt.
That is all the development we have seen so far.

It's okay. Better than most, but not very good. I wouldn't judge someone for liking it at least

What people dislike about mecha anime is not always the mechs themselves. They dislike the sci-fi aspect of it and futuristic setting. I wouldn't call Shingeki no kyojin mecha.

I love futuristic settings like Ghost in the Shell, but fucking hate mecha anime. I've never seen one where the writing wasn't absolute trash

I like it because of the atmosphere in the anime and the epicness.
I am up to date with manga, I just want to know all the secrets.
The show has a lot of objective flaws, characters suck, the pacing js bad etc.
The only thing they really got going for them is the badass concept and the hype.... sasageyo sasageyo....

Well. I've read the manga, all it is.

At the begining it was cool as fuck. Huge almost immortal unintelligent flesh eater giants? I FUCKING BUY IT. The desperation of the characters, the idea of having renounced to the outer world, the unexplained nature of the titans caught me like honey catches flies.

Then it started to be intelligent titans. Please, don't let it be mazinger flesh Z. Somehow it was not like that, and the sensation of humans facing something supernatural and above them was great.

Then the latest arc have started to explain where the titans came from. Fake science and shit. Nothing supernatural. It's all political and conspiranoic now, silly titans barely appear, and it... well.

It is not being driven in the right direction.

Highschool dxd is a pretty solid mecha anime. The writing is flawless and the plot is fascinating to say the least.

It is better than elfen lied by a long shot

If you're talking about the light novel, then I completely agree. It gets pretty hype

thats not a particularly high bar to pass, user

Anime is fucking trash dawg.

I'll have to take your word on that, reading the plot on Wikipedia makes it seem like one of those shows that I cringe at and cannot enjoy

I would advise you to watch something better like
Berserk or Hokuto no ken.

Some people think that elfenlied is a masterpiece.

Exactly, it's not what people signed up for.
It used to be hype, with humans desperately facing these evil monsters and fighting for the survival of humanity.
Now we all know that's bs, it's not really humanity, we don't even know who the good guys are and the titans are humans injected with something that was created just to pass down titan-shifting powers.

This new shit is interesting to me, but the series is inconsistent.
It has been changing it's whole point for a long time and it made a huge jump recently.

The point and pretty much the whole setting has changed multiple times now, it doesn't even feel like the same show anymore.

Where are we even going with this?

No, I was kinda joking. What is the light novel like?
If you plan to watch it with your dick in your hand, it will be pretty good.
It's not even about watching, I'm up to date in aot manga and I'm just critiquing it.

You still watch it.

Issei actually gets insanely strong and starts fighting huge dragons.

Honestly, I loved it at first. I was keeping up with the manga about two or three years ago, and then stopped after the part where... oh fuck- uhh... the main character (forgot his simple ass name) gets caught, tied up in chains, and then some kinky stuff involving needles and dads happen.

Anyway, I think the stupid tactical flying gear is absolute bullshit. It's not like the whole show isn't bs, but you're gonna tell me that those hunks of metal which carry gas, a shit ton of wire, and even holds extra blades, is the best thing they could come up with to defeat the titans?

That's not why I stopped reading it or anything like that. Depression killed my desire to continue with the series.

The manga is fire

And how's my girl koneko doing?

The manga is actually bending over backwards to shove its head up its own arse at this point.

They wrote themselves into a corner, and in order to get out of it they've made the Titans into misunderstood good dudes, and invented fantastic nazis for them to fight.

It's fucking laughable

I think Elfen Lied was amazing. Why do you say that?

>is the best thing they could come up with to defeat the titans?
Exactly, the gear looks pretty advanced.
If they could develop something like that, they could for sure develop some sort of tanks that can shoot something that can penetrate titan necks from front side.
Some sort of projectile, spear or harpoon would work.
I don't know how to explain it well, but you know what I mean.

Yeah, he lost his shit.
The story doesn't make sense.
I can't belive this show turned into some nazi/jew ww2/ww3 type shit.

THIS.

I was down with the series until this asspull.

I'm guessing it was something on the part of the publisher? It looked to be building up into a final arc until suddenly holocaust.

Gurren lagann
Eureka 7
G gundam

Love the manga, abandon the show, for now.

Dope ass fights, not much else.

>It looked to be building up into a final arc until suddenly holocaust.
I was thinking it was building into the final arc, but knowing this series, I wasn't expecting it.

Maybe he planned it all along. I recently watched s2 episodes and I saw reiner mentioning their "town" and where they are from.
Did author plan something else with this but changed his mind later?
Who know's what was his original plan was.

The manga seems like it's never gonna end. He's gonna make atleast 50 more chapters.

I like the mystery of it, but the characters and writing suck ass.

I feel like everyone enjoyed the animes first season becsuse of the gore and overflowing desperation to survice from the characters. That was cool and all but i didn't think the anime had much substance. My fav anime currently is my hero academia

nothing will ever surpass jojo's bizarre adventure

Tbh I haven't read it in a long time, but you should give it a read. It's good

I remember reading the first few chapters and loving it. When the Titans we're mysterious and not human. Very quickly turned into stupid shit.

How much of it is there, is it finished?
I doubt I will read it, there are many things I havent seen/read that interest me more than this.

Can someone TL;DR the manga to this point?

Lali ho

I'm enjoying part two but I'm lost on half of the characters that feature more predominantly now.

Don't watch the dubbed version.

Last I checked there was 18 volumes translated. But it's probably done by now.

That's kinda out of nowhere, but hey, you're right!

I can't wait for part 5 to air.

I like the whole sulernatural part to the titans.
All titan shifters come from ancient queen Ymir.
How did she really obtain tbe power?
Who is the real bad guy?
We still need more answers.

How many volumes make 1 season?