Weekly Release General

Weekly Release General:

Here is a thread to discuss any of the plentiful albums that were released on this fine day.

Standouts:

>Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
>Lorde - Melodrama
>Royal Trux - Platinum Tips & Ice Cream (live)
>Ride - Weather Diaries
>Kevin Morby - City Music
>Com Truise - Iteration
>Goldie - The Journey Man
>Young Thug - Beautiful Thugger Girls
>2 Chainz - Pretty Girls Like Trap Music
>Big Boi - Boomiverse

Please let me know if I missed anything.

3/5 which is very good for me

First solo album in 15 years. He's from Sebadoh in case you didn't know.

What's Bob up to? I'm seeing Lee on Wednesday

>He's from Sebadoh in case you didn't know.
Oh, nice. Will give it a listen based off that alone.

RYM only has the helpful tag of Indie Rock, so what I should I be expecting?

>What's Bob up to?
Not much that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

>I'm seeing Lee on Wednesday
Who's Lee?

Bob's old bandmate Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth. His new new songs awesome but thats all Ive heard so far. He's touring before the release.

It's kinda similar to Sebadoh

Missing Royal Blood, The Drums, and Portugal. The Man, familia. Not implying they're special cause I haven't heard them, but they're somewhat notable names.

Oh right, duh.

Should be a good show. Are you expecting him to play anything unreleased?

Pretty neat. Should hopefully be a good listen then.

I haven't heard anything I posted in the OP, so please feel free to post based on name value alone.

I assume he'll be playing mostly stuff from the album that comes out September 15 which I just now saw that Steve Shelley plays on. So I assume he'll be there too. Hopefully I can score some autographs.

I also saw when googling the album that Sharon Van Etten is doing vocals on a few tracks. Should be pretty cool.

It's always fun hearing new stuff for the first time live. Sounds like it'll be a fun show.

Nickelback

Just listened to this, as I keep expecting Thugger to release something good. No, it never happens. This actually starts well and isn't terrible, but it's not great, boys. 4.234/10

Did they finally release their classic?

I'm not very familiar with them but there's some actually really good songs. 3/5

>3/5
For real?

Also, how can somebody not be very familiar with Nickelback?

Yes I would never joke about ratings.

I've heard singles but this is my first album.

>Yes I would never joke about ratings.
Apologies for being sceptical about a positive Nickelback review on the internet.

What's the best track on it?

I'm not sure but offhand I'll say Home

Is there another song in history about the electoral college? If not that one.

As advertised, this was some really solid 90s sounding indie rock in that Grifters, Archers of Loaf and, of course, Sebadoh mould. Vocal songwriting seemed kind of forgettable, although I suppose it'll grow on me on future listens. The main thing that you're coming to this record for is the pretty rad guitar work, which is consistently terrific. 6.397/10.

Ok, I'll give this a go.

>If not that one.
What one?

>Home
No terrible, but I don't think I can take Chad Kroeger's voice seriously anymore.

Apparently "Silent Majority" is literally about the electoral college and Hillary winning the popular vote.

>A political Nickelback song
Not going to lie that sounds really terrible.

Ride has been pretty solid so far. Am I listening to a 4/5?

Ooh, hopefully.

I've only seen pretty weak reviews for it so far, but what would reviewers know anyway.

I'll be back soon. Hopefully the thread doesn't die.

It seems to have lost a little momentum and it's almost over. I don't think I'm going 4/5