Hey guys, I'm the faggot from yesterday that wask asking about good ways to find a job

Hey guys, I'm the faggot from yesterday that wask asking about good ways to find a job

I got a lot of advice on how to improve my resume and I think I've done quite a bit to make it look better
Thoughts?

Is this Latex? What template did you use?

Anyway - good, clean CV.
Except we do not see your educational stuff. Or some additional interests (e.g. you are a HAM).

I didn't use a template, I just made it in google docs

Thanks! I'm glad I finally have it at least presentable. Anons in the last thread helped a lot.

The reason there isn't an education section is a long story. parents tried to homeschool me but gave almost no shits about it so I don't have any formal education to speak of. Most companies assume you have a high school diploma and I've been riding off that. The reason I lost my last job is because I mentioned trying to get a GED to them and they came down on me for lying on my application.

>independEnt

What job do you try to get?
Sales? Maybe you could add some achievements, like
>sold most toasters in a week
Or IT? If IT, what exactly? Sysadmin? Then add some concrete examples about linux stuff, like you are a shell script master. Want to be a programmer without references? Create some for yourself - upload some sample apps to github, and whack a link in the resume, etc.

Ah, shit.
>gets good reaction
>gets excited, goes out and prints a bunch of copies
>gets back, has misspelling pointed out to me
>mfw

Britfag redcoat here

You should pretty much know how to spell independent if you are American otherwise KYS :D

that vulnerability assessment sounds actually quite good too, whatever it is. if it's really something cool, maybe you could elaborate it with a sentence or two. hr girls in IT can get wet on such stuff, security is important.

>using smiley on Sup Forums
kys

Hey Elisha!

>Productivity Software Experience
>Dropbox

Seriously, that sounds a bit pathetic. You could write "I have copied my reaction folder from drive c: to e: once" and it would convey the same amount of experiecne to the reader-

you would be suprised by the amount of people who have no idea what dropbox is when it's a vital part of the job, regardless of previous experience
Hi b0ss

Printing a CV? What company accepts applications on paper? Not a troll question. I'm over thirty, working in IT, have had a handful of employers, but the hiring process was always entirely online, via email, Skype and the like. The interviewer will print it out, if s/he needs it. yurofag here.

Not many, but it helps to have printed copies in case. I like to come in a few days after I put in a application with a paper resume and talk to the manager or whatever. Goes a long way sometimes.

Also sometimes smaller local businesses don't have an online system in place for that.

faggot

Damn, I wish I had an average IQ so I could finisn school, and not drop out.

I tried working in some minimum wage factories, but that shit is worst than hell.

Can't wait to kill myself once I use all my savings.

Sorry for the rant. Feels bad to see all of you have degrees in IT, Computer Science, Programming, Engineering, etc. I tried hard at school, but I was aware that I was slower than everyone else. My parents probably drank and smoked during pregnancy. Fuck my life.

>dubs checked

Also, OP here
if it makes you feel better I'm trying to push myself into a market when my parents literally never put me in any sort of school or attempted to teach me. everything I know is self taught. I have no chance of even getting into uni because I'm too stupid to understand the math portion if the GED. I've tried many times.

what a faggot you are. you get dubs, and then you cry like a little bitch? IT companies don't give a fuck about education, except some of the big ones. But mid and small companies pay decent money too for your experience only. In 2017 lack of education in IT is not a good excuse. Don't drink your savings, but buy a raspberry pi for 40 eur, and hack the shit out of it in the next 6 months. Then fuck the bitches with the money you will get.
I have a shitty high school leaving cert, but with my experience I couldn't care less about it. Would earn a bit more maybe with a degree, but get an offer every week still (without asking).

I can't self teach myself. In fact, I can't be taught by a good teacher. I was tested by a psychiatrist, and my IQ was in the inferior section, not even average...

I tried to learn javascript somI could make apps and make money... but I couldn't even understand the tru/false and interger thing in the first section of the online course.

I'm too slow for everything.

By the way, what do you do with the Rasperry Pi? It looks like a piece of hardware.

If you're wanting a job in IT, don't mention Dropbox in your CV.

It's a complete computer. Good thing about it is that it's dirt cheap, and does everything like a PC (even a bit more with the GPIo), but a bit slower. Very good to teach yourself linux and programming - you can't break it (everything is integrated) and takes minutes to restore it if something goes bad.
Don't start with boolean logic. Come up with the simplest program you can think of (hello world is a good candidate), and start from there. Write the program on any way - but once it is working, go through it line by line. I do believe that if you can write a simple function in Excel, then you can learn other stuff too (like cell C1=abs(B1)*A1).

Resumes aren't read by people in enterprises, or many midsized businesses. Look at the qualifications they are looking for in the job posting, put those in the resume you submit. Make a cover letter to address the prospective employer's pain points. Bring this pretty little resume to the interview so they have something to look at while they try to think up questions. Practice answers to typical bullshit interview questions in front of a mirror until they sound natural. Have 5 go to questions to ask the employer - including- "do you have any reason you wouldn't consider hiring me?" And never sell yourself out. Better to walk away than take a bad job.

That's a quite good advice. CVs taylored to a job advertisement is a nice and recommended touch.

Thanks everyone for your help again. I hope that this is what I needed to break me out of my jobless streak I've been on.

also have a bullshit answer to the
>why do you want to work for our company?
question. That's a classic one asked always, and "coz i don't want to starve to death" is rarely the expected answer (even if very often true).

where do you list your education?

sorry friend but sales people at best buy dont repair or maintain shit, they just sell. i know for a fact too because ive worked there for years up to and including now

You forgot education, faggot.

You don't have a high school diploma? Sorry man, but you're fucked. You need a GED before anything else.

Looks good man, change the word and though, make it really jump off the page before they even read it, theres gonna be stacks upon stacks from other people and you wanna make yours look golden and stand clearly out from the crowd, jazz it up as much as you can without looking like your trying too much because that will seem like you have no idea what your saying. if you do it as though you speak and type like this usually you'll look smart and well spoken thats what a company wants

Take this for a little help, sorry i forgot to add pic