High Quality Black Metal

I want to listen to Varg's music.

The problem is I don't listen to black metal so I would have nothing to compare it to.

What are some black metal bands I should listen to for a few days before listening to Varg's stuff?

Heaviest rock bands I follow on Spotify:
>August Burns Red
>The Ghost Inside
>The Devil Wears Prada
>Slipknot
>Iron Maiden

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDi99nXhObs
youtube.com/watch?v=9hgG0jGUTMM
youtube.com/watch?v=QCKEznpQhbA
youtube.com/watch?v=hMxKkb29vrk
youtube.com/watch?v=XVcjf_p5pDY
youtube.com/watch?v=qcS0CVJ1KPg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peste_Noire
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Black Metal&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZVkESecXk
youtube.com/watch?v=jd2nCXS07Ps&t=178s
youtube.com/watch?v=FzCEETDkAXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His album Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (esp. the song Det Som Engang Var) was what got me into black metal. I'd just recommend starting there. It's some of the best black metal out there and it's entry level as hell.

I'm also interested. I need some black metal recs

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc1x_Ail9OQ
peste noire is pretty much the only black metal i listen to but i find it pretty good

any recs for me as well?

lol filosofem was the first metal album at all i really got into.

i mean seeing as the closest ur getting to thrash is maiden, maybe try some emperor, windir and taake first? i tried jumping into burzum with det som engang var and that was a mistake. if you prefer much thrashier stuff just start listening to venom, bathory and hellhammer first.

check out les legions noire, the french bm sound is a pretty unique, dissonant and creepy one.

I would probably recommend listening to his peers at the time, even though they play different styles of BM than he does. Just know this is loud and abrasive music, nothing you have listened to really comes close to what you are getting in to.

Darkthrone
youtube.com/watch?v=WDi99nXhObs

Fimbulwinter
youtube.com/watch?v=9hgG0jGUTMM

Immortal
youtube.com/watch?v=QCKEznpQhbA

Emperor
youtube.com/watch?v=hMxKkb29vrk

Ulver
youtube.com/watch?v=XVcjf_p5pDY

Mayhem
youtube.com/watch?v=qcS0CVJ1KPg

listen to some '90s norwegian black metal
>Darkthrone
>Mayhem
>Gorgoroth
>Taake
also Bathory as Varg said his albums were strongly influenced by their albums Blood.Fire.Death, Twilight of the Gods and Hammerheart

>we are
>a blaze
>in the northern
>sky
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>all those doofuses in corpse paint
I love it, best music aesthetic

start here

I want to like Peste Noir but it is so clear they write their own wiki entry, I just can't.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peste_Noire

What is this fucking autism? Just fucking listen to black metal, if you like it, you like it, if you don't, you don't.

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Black Metal&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

>Heaviest rock bands I follow on Spotify:

who gives a shit?

don't underestimate some neet autist metalhead with too much time on his hands

hey man take a chill pill lmao

The internet has a rendered an entire generation unable to function or make normal, rational decisions.

>previously: I am interested in this artists music, I think I will listen to one of their albums.

>now: I am interested in this artists music, I better go on the internet and tell strangers what bands I like, in order to find out what albums I should listen to BEFORE I listen to the artist I am interested in, because I want to listen to the artists music as a result of knowing who he is not knowing who he is as a result of his music.

Here, just fucking click this

youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZVkESecXk

I value Sup Forums's opinion

OP BTFO beyond repair

"Fantastique, grotesque, archaeofuturist black metal"

geez, and I thought liturgy was pretentious

stop letting other people dictate your life. listen to what you like to listen to you tryhard fuck

I'll start by not giving a fuck about what you think!

I love you Sup Forums and there's nothing you can do about it!

>nu-male metal
>actually good albums
unless nu-males suddenly got a good taste, this is a troll

Stop listening to shit lo-fi metal

I never said you didn't. I said you're a tryhard for getting into an artist because they're "cool". Stick with the metal-core you loser

>heaviest
Varg's music isn't heavy
it's abrasive but very calm and monotonous.

youtube.com/watch?v=jd2nCXS07Ps&t=178s
this is the only black metal album I enjoy (but I gotta say I haven't heard a whole lot of black metal)
any recs?

Unironically this
Actual quality albums here

this is actually a good chart OP, the fag just though he was clever

>I'm PROUD to be a nu-male!

> implying getting pegged in the boipussy doesn't feel fucking amazing

the metal threads is the only part of this board thats too fucking retarded to realize "nu male" doesnt even fucking mean anything

Check out Sale Freux and Baise Ma Hache. They are also French BM and you'll probably enjoy them if you're into Peste Noire.

I don't understand why you need to build up to Burzum. Just jump in. I was hooked the moment I heard Dunkelheit.

(Also your current taste in music is middle school tier. You could use some fresh music. Just saying.)

>The internet has a rendered an entire generation unable to function or make normal, rational decisions.
>now: I am interested in this artists music, I better go on the internet and tell strangers what bands I like, in order to find out what albums I should listen to BEFORE I listen to the artist I am interested in, because I want to listen to the artists music as a result of knowing who he is not knowing who he is as a result of his music.

This is exactly what I have noticed happening to this board and to music in general during the past few years.

It has utterly destroyed curiosity and "tastemakers" have cashed in on it to spoonfeed people who could be out looking for music on their own.

>High Quality Black Metal
>open thread
>disappointed it's not about black metal with high production value, and just about well known albums.

What are some black metal albums with superb production that aren't the typical lo-fi style that I'm used to?

Organ - Apoplexy in Six Parts
Don't bother with the second disc it's shite from what I remember

works every time lmao

for the people who started browsing yesterday, these are just good modern metal albums and older albums that inspired them

wouldn't recommend SUNBATHER as first album too

>wanting to listen to someone's music because they're le funny racist and not because their music is at all appealing to you
Can't relate

were was that said at all? It's probably because Burzum is regarded as one of the best

>these are just good modern metal albums and older albums that inspired them
see

Judas Iscariot
Emperor
Von
Darkthrone
Mutiilation
Xasthur

Darkthrone, immortal, emperor, mayhem, ulver, gorgoroth, taake, watain, dissection, bathory, 1349, mgla, celtic frost, leviathan, horn, judas iscarot

venom, tsjuder, behexen, naglafar, armagedda, hexenwind

Your shitty meme has no effect anymore, also, I thought it's Sup Forums that constantly says "if you let anyone make you feel bad for enjoying your music you're a fag"

>things nu-males say

thanks for the response user!

You keep enjoying your nu-male metal, and I'll keep calling you what you are.

Satyricon - Nemesis Divina

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

nargaroth, darkthrone, agathodaimon, nokturnal mortum, kroda

Bathory - Under The Sign of the Black Mark

What got me into black metal was Agalloch, so you should listen to The Mantle, Ashes Against the Grain and Pale Folklore.
Also check out Alcest, Mgla and Naglfar.

You are definitely under 18

Why the fuck would you? Judging from your current taste, it's not for you. I suppose you could try Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse first or something.

Grafvölluðr - Promo 2014
Neat two-song demo tape. This is a more recent act but definitely stylistically similar to the Norwegian scene, especially Darkthrone.

youtube.com/watch?v=FzCEETDkAXk

this is cozy

anyone? recs pls
or is thread only for numale poating?