Fleet Foxes Crack-Up

So the album officially released today. I got the email for the download this morning and the record will be at my door later today.

Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up (320 mp3)
mega.nz/#F!WJYAxbpD!FHncUzLCk44MKCiT6-NDcQ

>tfw have to pirate an album I paid $25 for just to get digital lossless
Official lossy downloads are retarded. Should've got the CD instead.

This also includes the digital booklet, which doesn't have much of anything but lyrics.
Anyway, enjoy Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crack-Up
instagram.com/p/BUwqDGBj7JJ/?taken-by=robinpecknold
youtube.com/watch?v=WMOuTOOcHfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So far I can't tell if it is much better than the leak except that it doesn't have weird glitches at the song changes.

fuck this album and everyone involved in the making.

nu-males, come at me!

you're such a dirty little (You) slut.

love this album, I just discovered the band two days ago, it's really nice

Why is it hyphenated?

to attract nu-males

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crack-Up

>paying for a Nu-male Foxes album

well my wife's son and i listened to it on the way to xer hormone treatment this morning and we both liked it. no member of the alt right internet hate machine can stop us from having a bond over this album.

if fleet foxes are nu-male core, what isnt nu-male core?

Why did they drop the "The"?

>no member of the alt right internet hate machine can stop us from having a bond over this album.
good thing I'm not a member of that

probably to be distinct from the essay. also Robin mentioned the initials "CU" also fit for the uni he went to.

grimes

AOTY. Kept Woman and On Another Ocean are two of their best songs ever.

So they think they're above F. Scott Fitzgerald? How will their nu-male fanbase take this?

oh man seeing you so thirsty for these (You)'s get's me so hard baby

I actually think Third of May is the best the album has to offer

This album makes everything Josh Tillman has done as FMJ look like fucking child's play.

FJM*

The title track is better than Third of May, imo.

I listen to this from months so how can IT be released today?

I've been listening to the leak for weeks. Should I delete it from my library and download the official album?

they're not even remotely comparable

you know he used to be in Fleet Foxes, right?

He was in the band, and his first album as FJM was called "Fear Fun" which is an alliteration for Fleet Foxes. He's just a salty, reactionary piece of shit that did too many methamphetamines. Robin is infinitely more talented, mature and collected as an individual.

9/10

starting from Third of May and ending with Crack-Up it's 10/10. prior to Third of May it's a little slow and meandering but when it gets there its fucking beautiful.

lol, that wasn't even me then. I do endorse that post though.

CD is losless wav?

t. nu-male

t. lonely faggot

Yes? That's how all CDs are.

>projecting this hard

Don't believe me that Fleet Foxes is nu-male music? Go to Instagram and search by tags fleetfoxes or crackup. click on some of the photos and check the user's page out. you tell me they're not nu-males. I dare you to even try. And I'm not talking about one example, I'm saying by and large.

it's really pathetic how hard you're trying

ooh baby I'm gonna fuckin cum if you keep begging for all these (You)'s

>how hard

>implying

wow

i guess you can be 31 years old but becoming a first-year university student will still make you sound exactly like one

Yeah but if they're numales why does it automatically make their music bad?

what the fuck does this even mean

please tell me that's not real

what the fuck does this even mean

instagram.com/p/BUwqDGBj7JJ/?taken-by=robinpecknold

:/

I can understand the caption he has saying his interviews have been to much about his life story before the album than the actual part of the making of the album so he wanted to provide better conext...but that still reads like a freshman English major thinking he's deep af. And this is coming from someone (me) who also majored in English.

Sup Forums is the only place where I've ever seen vitriol towards Fleet Foxes. They're probably the most universally likeable band in existence, so leave it to Sup Forums to hate them.

it's just 1 guy samefagging saying its music for numales, i like them.

I mean I've only said it in this thread. I saw someone else say it in the other thread and I thought it fit quite well. If they were a samefag or not, I'm not that user so...no. I don't really like Crack-Up tbqh. Is it really that crazy for you guys to understand that others would not like it?

our boy Robin is getting older

youtube.com/watch?v=WMOuTOOcHfo

>Robin is infinitely more talented, mature and collected as an individual.

Hahahahahahah, actually sucking the cock of a dude who was bored and sprayed his money on an ivy league school can't be real. You seriously can't be this much of a loser.

Congratulations, you got it. That's literally all that Crack-Up is.

>Is it really that crazy for you guys to understand that others would not like it?
no, i dont mind if you dont like it, but it would be better to provide a reason why one doesnt like it rather than 'music for numales'

I'm someone else, so here you go. Crack-Up is the folk equivalent to modern prog music like Devin Townsend, Between the Buried and Me et al. It's overladden with instrumentation that (in my opinion) doesn't serve any purpose other than to broaden the palette even though there is reason to. To me it seems a lot of passages were written, played, recorded, etc. to be there for the sole reason of being there instead of serving a purpose.

And let's not get started on the lyrics. Yeah, yeah, I agree that Pecknold's gotten eloquent as fuck over the last years. But that doesn't mean his words instil any emotion. Like the IG pic that was posted above, a lot of what's going on in Crack-Up is referential, obstuse and confusing - but why? Because it reflects his own path? I guess so, but heavy emotional gut punches can be done so much simply, direct and empathatically.

To me Crack-Up is the defintion of "Less is more". I'm not argue that the album sounds bad - it doesn't. It's recorded beautifully, it sounds amazing, not going to lie. But what do I care if in the end all I'm gonna get is lush music? Stereogum actually said it best in their preview on the album: Crack-Up doesn't feel like the band talking to the listener but actually talking down to the listener from above. And really, fuck that.

There you go.

I almost fell asleep listening to this one. It was so boring compared to the previous albums. Disappointed.

>complaining about lyrics
back to /lit/ with you, this place is for music fans

Yes, music fans that jack off to the o greatest lyricist of all time, the Peckman.

thank you!!

fair enough

>nu-males can't handle the fact that their band is as mediocre as it gets and there are many people who are aware of that and as a result dislike them

Kys

dumb frogposter

Never listened to a Fleet Foxes album before but I just downloaded the new album through that link. Are they actually good or really boring shite for basic bitches?

they are gr8 m8

Listen to it and decide for yourself you fucking cuck

Go listen to Lorde, fag

I would take offense, but considering Robin has some theory under his belt which helps in composition, I give Fleet Foxes a pass, also they're from Seattle so I gotta love them

question, at the beginning of the opener, is Robin singing with a pitch shifted version of himself or is that a different person?

definitely because of the song transitions being so fucked up on the leak

Ah, big words and references to concepts I might not know, how obscure and pretentious.