Whats Sup Forums's thoughts on the great war?

Whats Sup Forums's thoughts on the great war?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/History-Warfare-Franco-Prussian-War-1870-1871/dp/B000B64W1G/277-5448986-9669040?ie=UTF8&qid=1288339787&ref_=sr_1_1&s=dvd&sr=1-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>just fuck my 20th and 21st centuries up fa.m

Utterly useless. Also Serbia's fault.

>how you want your borders in the middle east, pham?

Good goy

Shaped the 20th century. Many innovations in warfare. Fascinating war really.

why us?
we only want to kill niggers in the congo
why us?

Shitty CoDfied WWI with a nigger protagonist. I don't see any reason why anyone would buy this crap. Then again seeing its Sweden being responsible for historical revisionism doesn't surprise me at all.

Everything could have been just so easy if you didn't resist so damn bullishly. What was the point of this? Europe could have had nice things...

PS I'm sorry, bro.

it's those damned wallon frogs
they ruin every thing for us

Most people will try to shift blame onto Austria-Hungary/Serbia, but the truth is that the war was being prepared for, for 40 years. After the Franco-Prussian war, everyone knew it would be either France or Germany to come out of the smoke as leader of continental Europe.

The Rothschilds made a killing from it.

It allowed the Jews to start a Marxist Revolution in Germany, that turned into a Civil War. We don't talk about this Civil War, because almost all the leaders were Jewish.

It allowed us to completely fuck up the middle-east, and create the perfect stage for power struggle, and insurgency to spark off a way. (Shia/Sunni and stateless Kurds in the center to cause tension.)

We shouldn't have let Turkey remain as big as was planned, but what can you expect from Frogs and Greeks? I guess it could've been worse, but creating a state from Anatolia to Bosnia would have been epic.

It absolutely raped Germany's economy, and the Treaty of Versailles made another war inevitable. If France wanted to keep Hegemony, it should have annexed a large chunk of the Rhine, and divided Germany into smaller states.
Instead they divided Europe in a way, that people 20 years before WW2 could predict how the next war would start (Union with Austria, invading Czechoslovakia, et cetera.)

We fucked up the Balkans big time, and Austrians were being genocided, but no one seems to care.

It started the Soviet Union, and we made a mistake not taking those faggots out in the Siberian Intervention.

It hinged the entire global economy on the United States, and meant that if the United States went through a depression, the entire world suffered. Because France/Britain got reparations from Germany, and Germany used the United States as a loan service.

A truly fucking horrible war, and completely unnecessary. The only thing worse than what the Europeans did, is what America did.

>He kept us out of War

-Woodrow Wilson's Campaign Slogan

Was there any discussion in Belgium wether or not to resist the invasion?

>bump
Because I think my post deserves at least one (you)

Agreed.

Bump

so everything went according to plan!

You seem like a relatively well informed individual, got any book suggestions about this topic?

It's a bit obscure but European Diplomatic History from 1871 to 1932 by Sontag is a great book about it. There is no bias what-so-ever, and it goes into further detail about the self interest every nation had.

I suggest learning about the Franco-Prussian war, and WW2 atleast decently before reading it though.

This Documentary on the Franco-Prussian war used to be on YouTube, but it's been taken down.

amazon.co.uk/History-Warfare-Franco-Prussian-War-1870-1871/dp/B000B64W1G/277-5448986-9669040?ie=UTF8&qid=1288339787&ref_=sr_1_1&s=dvd&sr=1-1

And I'm sure you can find sources on WW2 easily. It's great that you have interest in the subject; most people are just interested in shitposting on bait threads.

Thanks.

Oy vey, Goyim. You speak too much.

>It allowed the Jews to start a Marxist Revolution in Germany, that turned into a Civil War. We don't talk about this Civil War, because almost all the leaders were Jewish.

>be Germany
>want to foment revolution in Russia to knock them out of the war
>put Lenin and his cronies on an armoured train to Russia
>Bolsheviks overthrow provisional government which had promised to continue the war
>gommies across Europe get hyped
>try the same trick in Germany

>German government: "gott in himmel those damn jews!"
>would never have been an issue if they had just shot Lenin in the face instead of aiding and abetting him

I'm sure Germany never planned on keeping Russia communist. They knew that a two front war would be the end of the Central Powers, so supporting a Bolshevik now, and taking them out later would be better.

German policy was largely dictated around preventing a two front war, and Germany even considered intervening to help Russia in the 1904 Russo-Japanese war; because with Russia not being an enemy they could easily take Paris.

Ultimately Germany did everything in the war right, but it just had bad allies, and "Private Interests" in the United States wanted to Intervene. They were in the right place, at the wrong time.

>bump

For real Serbia, it was your fault.