Lorde - Melodrama

What do you guys think of this album?
Personally, I loved it. Probably pop album of the year for me.

Favorite tracks are The Louvre and Hard Feelings

Its a masterpiece of an album Lorde is really a one of a kind artist.

She is to ugly to be a good female artist. I will stick with my t swift

Please delete this post

AOTY for me so far.
Pure Heroine hit me hard as fuck when it came out, for personal reasons, and this seems to continue the streak.

The only time I cried during a gig was hers.

Are these replies generated by bots or something?

she's kind of cute

I thought it was mediocre.

I can't even fathom how pitchfork gave it an 8.8

What makes you ask that?

Some people can't fathom others liking music they don't like.

Haven't heard the new album yet but her first album was great. I have high expectations for this one.

the album kind of just came out right now. see how that's topical?

I really dug it. Even sober, which I felt was the weakest track of the previously released ones is growing on me.
The production is not as minimalist as the first album, but it's also not overblown like that song from Hunger Games or the Disclosure song.

Yellow Flicker Beat and Magnets were fantastic tracks. I even downloaded that Disclosure album because I was so impressed by Magnets. Check out the Kanye West remix for Yellow Flicker Beat if you haven't heard it.

Just passively listened through the album while at work (sadly off my phone speakers, which at the least face outward with the screen so not as bad as rear or side facing speakers) and I'm busy making calls and talking on the phone, but from what I could hear so far, I'm fairly impressed. Can't wait to put it on in the car ride home after I'm off shift.

really good album can't wait to listen to it thirty thousand more times

I wish Loveless was a little more developed, it has potential. But overall I think the album is a smart direction for her to go

Just listened to it for the 5th time today. Good af

This album is great but I don't think it's as good as Pure Heroine right now. I have to give this album some more time before I have a solid opinion on it. Best tracks for me are Hard Feelings/Loveless, Sober and The Louvre

What did Fantano give it?

10/10

I didn't like it at all, but I'm glad she's not recycling shit. The only one I'd save for a Greatest Hits album is Sober.

>I'VE WAITED FOR IT, THE GREEN LIGHT, I WANT IT

>Sup Forums thinks this is good music

Wow, it's no wonder nobody talks about this board in other boards.

I'm glad to see Lorde progressing as an artist
as much as I loved the darkness of PH, it's cool to see her doing something upbeat, and doing it well

the electro-dance pop tracks are the best:
fun, slick production (but not in the cheap sterilized way), not too generic, some beats on the heavier side too
and Lorde really shines as a songwriter

the slower tracks on here are kinda meh...maybe they need to grow on me

I can't decide on a favourite track since I've only listened to it once, but these stuck with me
>Homemade Dynamite
>The Louvre
>Supercut
>Sober II (Melodrama)
>Green Light

Well since pitchfork gave it a 8.8, I expect it to be a top 5 at the end of the year

who
the fuck
cares

GOAT Lorde:

The Louvre

Best: Green Light/ Sober II
Runner up: Homemade Dynamite
Worst: Hard Feelings / Loveless

Lorde is gay Tumblr shit and anyone who unironically likes this no talent hack should neck themselves.

/thread

>Worst: Hard Feelings / Loveless

no taste hmph

kys

Liability, Hard Feelings / Loveless, and Supercut are my favorite so far. There's a lot of great depictions of young love on this album, it makes me nostalgic

I really miss the aggressive lyrics from songs like Glory and Gore & White Teeth Teens. It was so original and different to hear shit like "Give the bruises out like gifts" and "impress the empress take a shot now"

see

I liked Pure Heroine better

cut the album so it's just the louvre, liability, hard feelings/loveless, supercut, and liability (reprise) on an ep

>it gos it gos it gos GUILOTINEEEE YUH!!!!

Wow, it's no wonder nobody talks about this board in other boards.

This. It sounds good, and i need to listen to it more, but the lyricism on Pure Heroine was much more affecting for me. Pure Heroine's GOAT, Melodrama's quite good.

anyone have a link to download it? mega?

I love the metal like sounds on Hard Feelings

first listen but I cant say I enjoy this even half as much as Pure Heroine. Not sure it will grow on me

spotify

sorry I'm not a spotify cocksucker

yeha that was really interesting

are lyrics good?

oops didn't see this thread
anyway my thoughts it's meh but cool that people are liking it

fpbp

2nd AOTY for me behind Brockhampton's Saturation.

Definitely the best Pop album to come out since E.MO.TION and an improvement from Pure Heroine in terms of variety, production, lyrics, and even vocal range.

Favorite tracks are Sober, Writer In The Dark, Perfect Places, Hard Feelings/Loveless, and Sober 2 (Melodrama).

bump

>the previously released ones

Wow they should come up with a word for this type of song. Seems like such a hassle to type all that out.

I wish she didn't spell the fucking word a thousand times

Remember when lady Gaga tried to project herself as Bowies successor but he shat on her and called Lorde "the future of music" instead?

He was right

>lyricism
This word is not the plural of "lyric". Did niggers make you think that? They're wrong.

kys, she a thot

faggot ^