Post spaces movies. Any and all.

Battlestar Galactica

Lee Adama did nothing wrong

Cool posters. Any more?

>space movies
>movies
>Battlestar Galactica
>movie

fuck you I came here to post this... shit someone stop that user!

A whole shitload.

Pretty good. Basically a cowboy movie in space.

-----------

Cameron had a script for alien 3 in which Weyland was trying to use the aliens as a weapon against communists, in space (this was before the Berlin wall fell).

It never saw the light of day but should be made into a video game.

I remember enjoying that a lot

It's actually excellent. It's a patrician thing to know that 2010 is better than 2001.

Great dialogue, great story, well directed.

agreed

watching Pandorum now, surprisingly good

I doubt it's what he meant when he answered, but BSG does have a movie.

Yep. Too bad about that choregraphed dancing fighting shit. It'd be perfect with more gritty combat.

Any thing space related is fine.

I'm scared of BG being cheesy or something, I don't know why.

>astronauts go to mars
>ghosts and other supernatural things start appearing and killing them
>lots and lots of red/orange used in the environment (hence me thinking it took place on mars)
Anyone knw what I mean from my vague description? It came out in the 90's and my parents wouldn't let me see it, now I can't remember the name. Ghosts of Mars or something like that.

It's one of the less cheesy sci-fi series actually. First two seasons and the movie I posted are 10/10 from beginning to end. Then from season 3 on the series takes a nosedive, and never recovers. The pulled a Lost though. Wrote themselves into a corner, never had anything planned to get out of it, and never recovered.

Anyway, that said, I'd still recommend it if you haven't watched it.

Ghosts of mars?

Early Jason statham movie with zero brains allowed, it was fucking awesome when I saw it at 14.

The best one.

In fact I own the DVD, I'm totally gonna watch it again, John carpenter never grew outta the 80s, and I love him for it.

And it still is man, it still is.

Ah shit, that poster is totally the one I saw as a ten year old.

Time to watch it; my childhood self needs it.

Known for the ship with tits.

>Ghosts of Mars

Shit movie by Carpenter. Sounds like it. Cheesy and cheap as fuck. I hated it.

How does it compare to The Expanse? (Good first novel.)

I haven't gotten around to the Expanse yet. It's the very next thing on my backlog at the moment.

what the fuck am i reading?

Is this a rape joke?

Too bad about that plothole... My brain tried to save it but nope. Lots of great things, but loses it with that BS near the end. It really makes no goddam sense whichever way you want to see it. Great shame. Still cried.

WTF? fucking 21th century puritans.

Perfect MEW role.

How old were the pupils?

>Giger's artwork does have hyperrealistic paintings of cocks and pussies, sometimes decayed, too

Yeah it was a good movie, but the entire premise was retarded. A lot of the science was shit too.

Still liked it.

If you like reading, I'd advise to read it first. It's a bit slow for the first 50 pages but then it's really, really good. The series differs on many points and watching it first will spoil the enjoyment of the book. Big book, over 600 pages.

Of course not, rape is not funny.

>Space amazon 1: Good breeding man.
>Space amazon 2: I bet breeding with us would kill him.
>Wolff: I'll take that bet!

good, I was about to get triggered.

It's pretty much High Noon in space.

You know that children can look at pics of genitals in biology books and that doesn't make them degenerates/rapist/traumatized/whatever. Dunno why are some people so freaked out about that anyway?

And I wouldn't want to unfairly trigger you.

HORSECOCK RAPING BITCHES ANALLY

Stop right there, I just asked a fucking question. I wouldn't show Giger's artwork to anyone under 12, and quite possibly not before they're at least 15 and interested. And it's not because of the genitals, that is definitely not the worst you'll see in Giger's artwork. Do you even know what you speak of? I own both of his necronomicons. If I had kids, they'd not get anywhere near those things, ever, even at 18, because they'd think I'd be a fucking pervert no matter what age they are.

Either way, I want to know the age of the pupils, because this is not suitable for kids. Biology classes and sex ed are suitable, but this is Giger, which is neither biology or sex ed.

Well, consider that none of them were in good health and several were feeling the effects of hypersleep, so of course they sucked at fighting

That's absolutely not what I meant. What I meant is they fight like it's Resident Evil: jumpy shit, clean punches and crap. It's shit. It doesn't fit the tone of the movie. It's like every fight is from an action flick while the rest is from a horror movie.

And precisely, they should be much worse at it than they are. Damn shame.

here. Much better than expected, was thinking it would be a 5/10 scifi channel movie tier.

Well the original crew that mutated were actually adapted to the ship, so it made perfect sense that they were all really good. The other two surviving longer than others implies they gained experience, but yes they should have been more emaciated. Though apparently the woman had a source of food.
Remember, it took 3 of them to kill one of those things when they first tried.
I get what you're saying but it just didn't bother me as much.

I thought the same the first time I saw it, but the second time, I thought it was actually bad. Not sure how that happens.

I'm thinking more in terms of combat styles than anything relevant to the story and all. Compare The Empire Strikes Back to the Attack of the Clones.

Grittier combat, less jumps and acrobatics would have fit the film better.

Anyone remember Dark Star? Bunch of dudes tasked to blow up unstable stars, culminating in one of them having a discussion with a self-aware bomb.

I do. I didn't know it was a comedy when I went into it. I had read the plot and expected some really fucking amazing shit, then I realised it was just jokes.

Good taste lad. Pandorum was great.

Comfy as hell