New ride

It's out.

Discuss.

It's, good. not as great as MBV or Slowdive comebacks, but easily their best since GBA

summer is gone...
summer is gone...

better than the shite andy bell was making in beady eye tbf

fuck it, it's a 5

/10

Andy has never had and never will have such a good chemistry with the Oasis brothers than he has with Gardener

the combination comes completely natural even in the shittiest Ride songs from Carnival of Light and Tarantula,they know how to complement each other and the results prove it

as for the comeback,3rd best album easily but lacks a wow effect
the storm samples from the title track and the happiness from Cali though

Good. Not blown away but it's pretty solid, especially liked Lannoy Point.

>MBV comeback was great
>Slowdive comeback was great
>Ride comeback is great

truly we are blessed

how can you compare an album that you've listened to for one day to albums you've listened to many times?

I listened to Tarantula only once because it was total shit

I do all of my thinking about an album at the beginning, and then I turn off my brain for all subsequent listens.

to be honest, just few snippets of each tracks are enough: after like 1-2 minutes you can have a solid opinion about an album.

Well those were not good albums, so I'm gonna have to assume this album is total garbage.

epic b8 m8

mbv was good but I can agree that slowdive wasn't all that good. So far the new ride album isn't really doing much of anything for me.

i think you guys just live in your own nostalgia

is this album actually shoegaze or more reverbed brit pop

not all shoegaze is dream pop but it's more shoegazey than their others imo.

It seems more brit pop than shoegaze most of the time

That's what I thought too, still a nice album.

I thought I wouldn't bother but I am bothering now. This first song's pretty fucking cool actually.

epic

Just finished it. Pretty good overall but I think it's a bit frontloaded. The closer arguably notwithstanding the first 4 songs kind of blow the rest away. Definitely like MBV and Slowdive more but to be fair I like those bands more than Ride. Still, not a bad album.

definitely more shoegaze than the two previous records
it's more on the level of Going Blank Again
some songs are straight alternative rock or even progressive,but even in those there are some ambient and reverb effects behind that make you feel numb or surrounded by underwater or crystaline instrumentals

at least, they know their audience

Still haven't listened to it yet. Getting ready to after supper.

While Tarantula was obviously shite, am I alone in liking Carnival of Light? No, it wasn't a worthy followup to GBA, but if another band put it out it would have been great.

Rocket Silver Symphony is a nice jam

gagree

standout tracks for me on first listen are:
Lannoy Point
Charm Assault
All I Want
Weather Diaries
Rocket Silver
Cali
White Sands

for me it's Cali
it's your typical summer indie song that could have been on the radio during the 90s,or the chill melody that comes in a football prematch

the same riff repeated tirelessly during 6 minutes and pretty much the only song that has the happy touch of GBA

So pretty much the long ones

;)

Lannoy Point, Home Is A Feeling, and White Sands for me. Title track will probably creep up on me in subsequent listens.

Since we're posting our favorite tracks, mine are:
1. Rocket Silver Symphony
2. Lannoy Point
3. Cali
4. All I Want

I realize that this album flows really well,especially the first 3 tracks
except Lannoy Point,those tracks arent that great but the transitions make them more complete and feel like it´s frontloaded as hell

All I Want is a grower btw

Charm Assault has some slick as fuck verses, even if the chorus is sort of clunky.

I liked this more than I liked Slowdive on the first listen

1.Lannoy Point
2.Cali
3.Weather Diaries
4.White Sands
5.All I Want or Rocket Silver Symphony

least favourite:between Lateral Alice or Integration Tape(still decent)

Impermanence and Lateral Alice

Honestly, my least favorite is probably Cali.

White Sands and title track are real growers

I just finished my first listen, thought it was as good as the new Slowdive.
For the big three revivals I would say MBV>Slowdive=Ride for the time being, and that's a big deal for me since Ride is my least favorite by far (don't like britpop).
Really good, for some reason it was set to loop so Lannoy Point came on right after White Sands.
I highly recommend, it looped so well I thought the ending of the album was a reprise.

8/10, flows better and more cohesive than Slowdive but maybe doesn't hit the same highpoints imo.
Also forever will be disappointed in the new JAMC.