/prod/

Don't know if I'm under qualified to start a /prod thread but I didn't see one so here we go.
Ask questions, give people advice on their crappy clyp.its, especially me, you know the drill.
Let's do it!

clyp.it/xxjoyaz0

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ae5xg15q
clyp.it/
youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY
youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M&list=RDatvtBE6t48M#t=1764
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ
youtube.com/channel/UCMnmXvv9JHJPsrrob-gEn5A
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q
gumroad.com/l/tldrmusic
www54.zippyshare.com/v/pUN8e0km/file.html
youtube.com/user/havic5/videos
youtube.com/user/samuraiguit/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCLtD67ljlaeXQMV4sb-YzNA/videos
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/videos
clyp.it/f3udxupp
clyp.it/cj4mqm24
clyp.it/pu0duav5
clyp.it/j3jhqx2o
clyp.it/id1h0xxx?token=190977cf7660757b9a6af66500b4a47d
clyp.it/jhkgjt3u
youtube.com/watch?v=hZ28SypAk80
youtube.com/channel/UCwagS434ieZhHv1dCzaR4MA/videos
youtube.com/user/HSDeconstructed/videos
youtube.com/user/OurWorshipSound/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try swapping between major and harmonic minor chords sometime.

I bought Audio Technica ATH-M70x and they're literally quieter than my Sennheisers. Also the extension cable I bought on the website doesn't even fit into the headphones...

What headphones should I buy then? I just want loud headphones that don't leak sound, prince range 300£

clyp.it/ae5xg15q Swapped between E Minor and E Major here and there, makes it sound neat. Reminds me of... Lego Island?

Oooh I really like how this sounds

how much detail will i lose in voice/field recordings if i pass them to v0 (from .wav)?

none, you only lose detail if you convert to a lossy format, not from.

.wav is lossy?! How the heck? It's marked as the highest quality on all voice recorders I tried on Android. I guess it's good enough, still?

Even so, wouldn't this be transcoding then? Which means I'd be losing some?

Sorry, misread it as pass from v0 to wav. Transients will smear and high-frequency information will go away. Best to avoid.

>Don't know if I'm under qualified
I was going to say no but then you didn't post shit

LAST THREAD
Talk about music production, composition, songwriting and audio engineering.

Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

or any other similar website. GIVE and RECEIVE feedback.

>ATTENTION!
DO NOT post Soundcloud, YouTube or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That is considered self promotion and will usually result in a bad feedback.

>LEARNING RESOURCES

(Obligatory mixing course)
>The Art of Mixing by David Gibson
youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY

(Obligatory synthesis course + additional related videos)
>Intro to Synthesis by New York School of Synthesis
youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M&list=RDatvtBE6t48M#t=1764

YouTube channels that you should subscribe to:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>BusyWorksBeats (same as above, a lot of good new content coming)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

>Justin Omoi
youtube.com/channel/UCMnmXvv9JHJPsrrob-gEn5A

>WarBeats
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Samori Coles (not many videos, but a few good ones on compression and EQ)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

>Image Line Tutorials (for FL Studio users)
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

>READ THIS BEFORE ASKING WHERE TO BEGIN

>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

is this supposed to be an attempt at explaining cadences? lol wtf

Need some links on how to write music so people can stop making "minimal techno" and basslines to sampled jazz records in the wrong key.

>Music Theory: The TL;DR Version (Music Theory geared toward electronic producers, entry level, free)
gumroad.com/l/tldrmusic
www54.zippyshare.com/v/pUN8e0km/file.html

>Adam Neely (Music Theory and bass)
youtube.com/user/havic5/videos

>SamuraiGuitarist (Music Theory and guitar, ignore the blogging)
youtube.com/user/samuraiguit/videos

>Holistic Songwriting (Music Theory, Branding, and "Making It")
youtube.com/channel/UCLtD67ljlaeXQMV4sb-YzNA/videos

>Michael New (Music Theory and piano)
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/videos

Adam Neely and Micheal New are the best in my opinion, Holistic Songwriting's a little more about how to become a pop star, and SamuraiGuitarist's teaching videos aren't that common but when he does them they're nice.

Oh, alright! Well, these aren't my "final vocal tracks" or anything like, they're actually rather poorly recorded sounds by default. Just whenever I'm out I start recording the atmosphere, people talking to me, commerce on the street, the sound of rain, songs played inside a mall, entering a party, stuff like that, "field recordings", but just with a cellphone. It's been adding up real quick in size, and I can't deal with the space being as it is, specially since it grows steadily. So, do you think recordings like these would worsen much by going to v0? I've been recording them on "WAV - 44100 Hz" so far. The other formats the recording app has are "MP4 44100 256 Kbps" and "MP4 22050, 64 Kbps". Which one do you think is a good compromise on size/quality?

clyp.it/f3udxupp
clyp.it/cj4mqm24

just 2 things i'm working on, havent been on /prod/ in months, would love some feedback on either

thanks

>73396177
enjoyed this for a while but found myself skipping to see if it changes up

would really appreciate an extra pair of ears if anybody has some spare time

clyp.it/pu0duav5

>clyp.it/cj4mqm24
lol wtf i actually enjoyed that

i don't think the color of the drums is all the way there.... they should be crackly and dusty or more hi fi... I really dig this tough.

what's going on with the guitars? I have an idea of how to do something similiar with Sampler in ableton but i'm curious as to how you did it.

I was about to take a break from writing for today but that gave me some motivation thx man

oh also the second one... first couple minutes are kind of boring to me. I think the beat repeats could use variation. Theres a way to trigger random variations of an effect with a chain without max or anything but i forget :(

last part was a lot cooler

>clyp.it/f3udxupp
i like where this is going but i think you should make it evolve more, at some point it gets too repetitive

>clyp.it/cj4mqm24
i really liked it, only critique would be the bass that goes in at 1:50, its kind of too dry for the rest of the thing, as the track changes it kind of blends in but i think specially at the beginning it cuts too much through the mix, made it sound to me like the whole mix was an entity and the bass was another, if that makes sense

were you the guy who posted about being depressed about not finishing a lot a week or two (maybe longer) ago?

nope, isn't that a running copypasta doe

i did post this track a few times doe, everytime i hit a creative block with it i try get some feedback, i don't even know if i like it anymore, but i still want to finish it

5 seconds in its unlistenable because of highs

dont listen to this pussy obviously only listens to trap or some other pop garbage

i dont fuck with it but im sure there are people out there who do. mix is pretty decent though

Hey, i'm using reaper to make electronic music with live instruments, tycho - esque. Has anyone done this? If anything as a challenge? After playing around with reaper for about a month, it seems extremely capable.

also, how would I go about creating stems in reaper? Just splice a section of the audio and turn it into it's own wav file?

new tsuruda album HYPE!

i used sampler too, LFO on sample start on a long audio clip, and then maybe 32nd notes?

lmao that's exactly how i was going to do it

turns boring guitar lines interesting :p

Airpods

AOTY

jesus fuck off already

Shit, sorry dude, I'm sure you have some very important clyps to attend to. Shame on me for trying to spark actual discussion on the production community

saw it twice and assumed is was self promotion lol

Nah, not at all, he's what I aspire to be

MY BAD COMRADE

rip does sound interesting... what's your favorite album/songs?

rip is def his best work to this date. 'The revolution' and 'where did the shrooms go' have inspired me to no end. Him and flylo are my two biggest inspirations for sure

Actually on that note, this is some shit that I posted a wip of earlier here, andI just finished it a few days ago. How well do you think I'm mirroring them lol
clyp.it/j3jhqx2o

at 0:35 it seems like the songs "starts" and there should be a new rhythmic element

transition should be a lot quicker / interesting

the second half mirrors flylo a bit in the percussion yeah.

Didn't care for that rapping sample, xylophone(?) sounds too unrelated imo; that + a lot of these samples are a little too lofi. Kick in the first half could be better imo

Cool song definitely, I like it man. Idk flylo outside of LA and Cosmogramma so i'm not sure if this is a great imitation of those two or not

thanks dude that's super helpful. I'll return the favor if you got anything

Anyone recommend a pitch manipulating vst for instruments

WELL you can listen to this if you like :^)

the drums are dry and i've decided to do something completely different with vocals lol; if you've got any opinions or something's glaringly wrong i'd appreciate hearing it

clyp.it/id1h0xxx?token=190977cf7660757b9a6af66500b4a47d

any pitch manipulation is going to sound like shit to some level. That and it's a terribly overused gimmick. I suggest NOT doing that.

lol

can your daw not do that natively..?

>can your daw not do that natively?

He probably used his DAW's pitch shifter and realized it sounded like shit and destroyed the wav files. Then thought it was just because HIS vst is crap. When in reality pitch shifting destroys the audio.

>get this captcha

you good man?

I don't see whats so outlandish.

kk just checkin

How do you know when a track is good enough to let out?

when you listen to it, and its good.

thanks

your synth sounds are fucking cool as hell that's pretty much all I can say.
>the drums are dry
Yeh those shouldn't be the final drums they're lacking polish

never posted in /prod/ but holy fucking shit dude that image is absolutely gorgeous. i wish had enough money to commission the artist to do one of my album covers.

on an unrelated note since i'm in here, here's some dungeon synth i've been working on. if anyone's actually interested i would love to hear any feedback that you're willing to give

clyp.it/jhkgjt3u

Opinions on the Roland System-1?

I'm trying to find a good synth on a budget and this came up on local Craigslist. Looked up some demos and I liked what I heard but I need it for live performances and the small range is throwing me off

bog bump

what DAW do you use

DubTurbo

SCI drumtraks one of the more underrated drum machines.

It's actually killer. It's the only one of the early drum machines with a variable clock oscillator per channel that allows pitch and amplitude to be sequenced per hit.

i love it personally it has that definitive 80s sound imo

Well it wasn't really used all that much compared to the DMX or Linn.

Still an important Juan Atkins machine though.

Do write your baselines with your left hand or right hand?

Found this thing, once I get under control itll be good

What does the splice part do

It changes how the pitch modulates, smooth to rough, sort of granular synthesis without really sound like that. the whole effect is a play around and eventually I end up somewhere ok without knowing exactly how at this point

Oooooh

In guitar rig there's an emulation of that digitech whammy but it can't do that

What is this?

Seems to be a glitch effect but I'm treating it as a subtle delay phase chorus weird stuff you don't hear much

Pretty much any pitch shifter is splicing together a bunch of segments of the sounds played either faster or slower. The Whammy is meant to work on monophonic sounds with the lowest latency possible, so it's splicing only single waveform periods. I don't think you'd want to mess with this in that case; it wouldn't really sound good.

hey guys i wanted to ask and see if i could get help here. i downloaded Keyscape and already have Omnisphere 2 working and all up to date, and Keyscape will load and the sounds will show up, but when i select them they won't play, this error pops up with all of them. anyone know what i could do?

buy it

can someone give me some advice on how to make this bass synth that starts at :49? ive tried a low passed filtered detuned saw with a stepper controlling the filter cut off, saw wave with slight detuning with another saw wave pitched lower for more bass with the same filtering. i just cant get it. my sounds have to much buzzing from the high end of a saw wave even with Eqing. the synth sounds perfect i can't get it

youtube.com/watch?v=hZ28SypAk80

Some more resources

>Michael Pitluk (Music Theory on piano and production and mixing tips)
youtube.com/channel/UCwagS434ieZhHv1dCzaR4MA/videos

>Hit Songs Deconstructed (Arrangement based on what's popular)
youtube.com/user/HSDeconstructed/videos

>Our Worship Sound (Music Theory and piano, religious focus in several but all useful)
youtube.com/user/OurWorshipSound/videos