Ask a Schizophrenic anything. I may take a while to reply, be patient

Ask a Schizophrenic anything. I may take a while to reply, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMewZkHMmqk
youtube.com/watch?v=NzGGL0VpKUI
youtube.com/watch?v=qAeybdD5UoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DDgdoPSkPnM
youtube.com/watch?v=dA9Zt7w9Ys8
youtube.com/watch?v=sSRLHccN7hU
youtube.com/watch?v=2de2MHIzNbg
youtube.com/watch?v=ODrvqbnlBt0
youtube.com/watch?v=TgRf_IJJzPc
youtube.com/watch?v=5lVOzOBcrm0
youtube.com/watch?v=50LShhlkTfw
youtube.com/watch?v=RkVgc9RFg3U
youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco
youtube.com/watch?v=UzGFEr9oy14
youtube.com/watch?v=X-Mm75vKD94
youtube.com/watch?v=IRD7WylAfkw
youtube.com/watch?v=KM1RpI2S97o
youtube.com/watch?v=pUaMFwFWAUE
youtube.com/watch?v=51K4cUTuvc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm afraid of thinking i'm normal and not knowing i'm crazy

did you know you were crazy the instant you were?

do you actually hear voices? If so, what do they sound like, normal, creepy? male/female voice?
Is it only when you are alone, or sometimes with other people? Are you used to it or does it still freak you out?

Wanna fuck?

Did you read the translated parts of Waza? If so, what did you think about proto-Shinobu?

why do you even bother? if you know you aren't capable of living a "normal" life then why? whats the point?

>did you know you were crazy the instant you were?
Well, I've been "off" my entire life. But I kinda realized I was actually crazy around my early 20's.
>i'm afraid of thinking i'm normal and not knowing i'm crazy
If you're crazy, someone will point it out. I know this from experience.
>do you actually hear voices?
Yes.
> If so, what do they sound like, normal, creepy?
They sound pretty normal
>male/female voice?
There's a male and two females.
>Is it only when you are alone
Nope, they're around at any time.
>Are you used to it or does it still freak you out?
I'm used to it, the voices never creeped me out.
>Wanna fuck?
I don't know you
and I'm not gae.
>Did you read the translated parts of Waza?
Nope, I haven't.
>If so, what did you think about proto-Shinobu?
I'm only on season 2. I stopped back before s3 aired and haven't picked it back up yet.

>why do you even bother?
Because I enjoy doing things.
>if you know you aren't capable of living a "normal" life then why?
I've never desired to live a "normal" life, so that is not of concern to me.
>whats the point?
to have fun.

What kind of things do they say? Are there patterns in the things they tell you? Are they familiar voices, like those of family members or friends? Interesting stuff op.

Do you live in the united States or Canada? What government compensation do you get?

Pick it back up once Owari 2 is done airing. You'll get to see some good Shinobu.

How bout just cuddling then?

What kind of things do the voices say to you? Do they have names? Do they help you think, like when you are stuck on a general knowledge question, can they help you? And do they have personalities? If so, what are they like?

> Are there patterns in the things they tell you
isnt schizophrenia seeing patterns where none exist? Seems like they would have patterns by definition

I meant like hearing voices say the same/similar things or ideas multiple times. Like if there is anything the voices say that is typical or common.

>What kind of things do they say?
They don't say anything idly. If they "talk" when I don't engage with them it's like white noise, it's a really faint whisper in my head that I can't hear. It's more common that I'll just hear a ringing in my head than the voices these days.
Unless I engage with them, then they talk about whatever I bring up.
>Are there patterns in the things they tell you?
They seem to have their own "personalities" so they have patterns.
>Are they familiar voices, like those of family members or friends?
Nope
>Do you live in the united States or Canada?
I live in the United States of Trump
>What government compensation do you get?
I get SSI, but not for the Schizo. I also have Spina Bifida.
>How bout just cuddling then?
I dunno about that one, anonski.
Skill kinda gae.
>What kind of things do the voices say to you?
They don't say anything by themselves. If I ask them a question they'll answer it, usually to my detriment.
>Do they have names?
Nope
>Do they help you think, like when you are stuck on a general knowledge question
They can help me think about things if I am stuck on something, yes. I'll ask them questions about stuff I don't know. I don't always get an answer I want though and they can often cause me to have panic attacks.
>And do they have personalities?
Yup.
>If so, what are they like?
One is really neutral. He's kind of like an observer and just says facts
The two females, one is nice and always supporting, and the other is kind of a bitch and says things to try to irritate me, or make me have a panic attack etc

He's hearing the voices again

>isnt schizophrenia seeing patterns where none exist?
That is a primary symptom of it, yes.
It's a lot of finding patterns where someone else won't see it. Not that the pattern doesn't necessarily exist.
It takes a while for me to reply to everyone sometimes.

but if you give a schizophrenic random data they will find a pattern, it would be impossible for him to hear voices and not find a pattern in them

im thinking i misunderstood the question
are you what specific patterns there are or do patterns exist at all?

I've been diagnosed as bipolar 2 but have been put on abilify 10 mg because of auditory hallucinations. They sound like people I know calling my name all the time (even when the people are by me). The noises also sound like people walking around the store I'm working at when closing and like people breaking into my house at night. I'm paranoid my docs think I'm schizo but won't tell me. How fucked am I?

>but if you give a schizophrenic random data they will find a pattern
This is too true. I find random ass patterns in all kinds of things. Numbers, the things people do, but there are patterns in those things. Most people just don't see them.
>I've been diagnosed as bipolar
Damn, sorry to hear that user. Bipolar is pretty rough.
>people breaking into my house at night
I get this one all the time. I hear doors opening, see people outside, footsteps around the house. Can be spoopy if I'm caught off guard by it.
>I'm paranoid my docs think I'm schizo but won't tell me.
I doubt that's the case, but Bipolar and Schizo share a lot of the same symptoms.
>How fucked am I?
Only as fucked as you'll let yourself be.

OP can you elaborate as to how they give you panic attacks? Is it specific things they say (particularly the bitch voice)? Any stories?

Forgot to reply lel
>>I've been diagnosed as bipolar
>Damn, sorry to hear that user. Bipolar is pretty rough.
>>people breaking into my house at night
>I get this one all the time. I hear doors opening, see people outside, footsteps around the house. Can be spoopy if I'm caught off guard by it.
>>I'm paranoid my docs think I'm schizo but won't tell me.
>I doubt that's the case, but Bipolar and Schizo share a lot of the same symptoms.
>>How fucked am I?
>Only as fucked as you'll let yourself be.

You can be the big spoon if you dont wanna feel my raging cock against youre boipucci

Also why do you spell it 'gae'?

my understanding of it is that we all have a natural pattern finding ability and whatever genetics/epigenetics/etc that produces this pattern finding ability goes somewhat awry and becomes over productive. Background noise become voices, unrelated events become conspiracies, strangers become a cabal, etc. I think there is a relationship between communities with above average IQ and schizophrenia (since IQ is roughly speaking the ability to find patterns in novel situations)

I made some logical leaps that are not scientifically supported, but hey maybe its cuz im a lil schizo myself :^)

I hope you realize that I'm only letting shinobu hang out with you because she thinks you're interesting

>OP can you elaborate as to how they give you panic attacks?
They'll say things like "So-and-so is trying to hurt you, or so-and-so is lying and keeping information away from you" and it'll make me overthink the situation and since I'm overthinking it in a negative way I'll wind up in a negative spiral and panic.
>You can be the big spoon if you dont wanna feel my raging cock against youre boipucci
No thanks user.
>Also why do you spell it 'gae'?
No specific reason.
For the most part what you're saying makes sense. A lot of the Schizo's I've met have all been pretty smart.
>but hey maybe its cuz im a lil schizo myself :^)
We're all a little crazy, user.
Psh, you couldn't keep her away from me even if you wanted to

have you tried meditation? Id imagine it would be difficult (maybe even harmful) with your condition but it helped me recognize negative thought patterns as they are happening and then being able to steer away from them more quickly, it wont prevent negative patterns but it reduces their duration

Borderline schizophrenic here. Primarily severe anxiety disorder.

Ever had any sensory shock episodes?

I had one recently, could swear to hell and back I heard a loud explosion from somewhere in my apartment complex. Looked all over, no traces of anything. I even caught a sharp, sulfuric burning smell right after the sound. Was terrified out of my mind.

do you work? if so where? if not do you have any desire to gain employment? what is your dream job?

>have you tried meditation?
I have. It doesn't really help, but it's relaxing.
>Id imagine it would be difficult
It's really difficult. Once I start getting into that really relaxed state something always breaks my concentration and I come out of it.
It's something I can only really do when I'm calm.

>schizo
>posts loli pics on normiechan
I wonder why you'd think the FBI is after you?

Thanks for sharing op.

>Ever had any sensory shock episodes?
I had one a few days ago actually. I had a really bad paranoia/anxiety attack and it left me feeling like a bomb went off next to me.
I was shaking and I had this really loud incessant ringing in my head and my vision felt really blurry.
One of the worst attacks I've ever had.
>do you work?
Not currently. I should have an interview next week though if all works out.
>if so where?
Some place a town away doing data imput.
>if not do you have any desire to gain employment?
Yup
>what is your dream job?
Something where I don't have to interact with people, but I can watch them.
I'm CIA, user. I aint scared of no FBI
No probs, user

can i be your friend op?

I don't see why not

>I was shaking and I had this really loud incessant ringing in my head and my vision felt really blurry.

Believe me, I know the feeling.

>EHS sucks

Stop attention seeking, cunt.

not him but on the topic of work(or introductions in general), whats it like telling people you're shizo?
do you try to avoid it in most cases? or do you try to bring it up early on so they know whats going on, or to expect/prepare for some shit so they don't get mad/fire you?

basically if you do disclose it, do you feel like you've been stigmatized by anyone because of it, either in a personal or professional setting?

>EHS sucks
EHS a wat?
>Stop attention seeking, cunt.
Says the user who posted in a thread promising free (you)s

Don't know what (you)s is frankly.

Most of us are here cuz we're not capable of living "normal" life.

Exploding head syndrome?
When do you get it?

How fucking new can you be?

This is a (you)
ru.new?
I doubt most people on Sup Forums live anything close to a "normal" life.

how old is OP

Did you ever experience something like this?

People are saying I might be like you OP and I don't mean a faggot.

i want a (you) !

ha that was meeee. I totally meant being a faggot ;D

>Did you ever experience something like this?
That's kinda how I view my voices, but they don't really yet at me.
but I'm not faggot. :^)
No (you) for you

> implying op is not a faggot
> kek

We're all faggots here.

What if you could choose to be normal?
Would you prefer to stay like this?

>What if you could choose to be normal?
>Would you prefer to stay like this?
I would stay like this. It's who I am.
If I were to change something that major I'd be a completely different person. While I may fantasize about that, I don't desire to be someone else.

Do ur voices go away when you use meds ?

>anime girl avatarfag with a mental disorder ignores only your post to respond to shitposters

i-i guess i'll go to sleep

I've never taken any sort of anti-psychs so I don't know. I would imagine they would go away though
Did I miss your post, sorry i'll look for it.

Do the voices tell you to do things?

And did you ever gained advice from then that was usefull in like an exam/test situation?

>whats it like telling people you're shizo?
I don't generally tell people. Most people won't even realize that something is wrong with me. I've gotten really good at hiding it. Unless I'm having a panic attack, then I won't be around people.
>do you try to avoid it in most cases?
Yup
>or do you try to bring it up early on so they know whats going on, or to expect/prepare for some shit so they don't get mad/fire you?
Well, I've never had a job so that hasn't came up before. I'd probably just keep it to myself, unless something came up.
>do you feel like you've been stigmatized by anyone because of it
Pretty much, there's a lot of stigma around mental health issues. Most people around here think Schizos are dangerous criminals and stuff like that.

Me again, I had a buddy who had it super bad and I've been with him through a couple of his episodes and it kinda scares me that I could be like he was bc he has these outbursts when he's off his meds and it scares me because I've put holes in my wall over video games and now that this has surfaced it kinda explains that but also I don't know if it's as bad as it'll get ya know?

How do you separate your own thoughts from the voices?

lsd(game) user back again. what boards do you browse?

>Do the voices tell you to do things?
Very rarely, but yes. They have told me to kill people before.
>And did you ever gained advice from then that was usefull in like an exam/test situation?
I have gotten some fairly useful information out of them before. But never in a test scenario.
Go see a doctor then. Sitting around and worrying isn't going to do anything for you.
The voices have a different "voice" than my own thoughts. Although technically speaking they're all my thoughts.

>lsd(game) user back again
Hiya.
>what boards do you browse?
Recently it's been only Sup Forums. I've checked out /bant/ a little and used to browse /mlp/ (way back when) used to frequent Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /vg/.

Have you seen Kizumonogatari yet? If not, then what the fuck are you doing?

>Have you seen Kizumonogatari yet?
Nope. I stopped on Otori, it was the last thing that aired when I was watching it. I didn't want to re-watch the entire show every time a new bit came out. So I was waiting for everything to be released.

how have you been since last thread?
what kind of music do you listen to?

Why havent killed yourself yet?

>how have you been since last thread?
Better, a lot better.
>what kind of music do you listen to?
Primarily electronic, I try to avoid music with vocals, I don't really like singing too much.

Old dubstep:
youtube.com/watch?v=nMewZkHMmqk
My favorite artist:
youtube.com/watch?v=NzGGL0VpKUI
youtube.com/watch?v=qAeybdD5UoQ
Some random songs I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=DDgdoPSkPnM
youtube.com/watch?v=dA9Zt7w9Ys8
youtube.com/watch?v=sSRLHccN7hU
youtube.com/watch?v=2de2MHIzNbg
>Why havent killed yourself yet?
Don't feel like dying just yet.

im glad to hear you're doing better!
youtube.com/watch?v=ODrvqbnlBt0
Shawn Wasabi is pretty good, i like burnt rice

More random songs I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=TgRf_IJJzPc
youtube.com/watch?v=5lVOzOBcrm0
youtube.com/watch?v=50LShhlkTfw
youtube.com/watch?v=RkVgc9RFg3U
youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco
youtube.com/watch?v=UzGFEr9oy14
youtube.com/watch?v=X-Mm75vKD94
youtube.com/watch?v=IRD7WylAfkw
>im glad to hear you're doing better!
Thanks.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ODrvqbnlBt0
>best op remixed
Saved
>Shawn Wasabi is pretty good, i like burnt rice
Burnt Rice is one of his better songs.

Do you or have you taken meds for your schizophrenia?
What was the effect like?
>youtube.com/watch?v=DDgdoPSkPnM
This is actually a chill song thanks OP

you listen to chill music, user, i like it
youtube.com/watch?v=KM1RpI2S97o
do you love lain?

youtube.com/watch?v=pUaMFwFWAUE
youtube.com/watch?v=51K4cUTuvc0
A few songs uncategorical to my tastes thatI also like quite a bit.
>Do you or have you taken meds for your schizophrenia?
I don't take any medication for anything at all.
>This is actually a chill song thanks OP
glad you enjoy it.
>you listen to chill music
I've been told that a few times.
>i like it
I'm glad you like it.
>do you love lain?
Who?

Lain.

Who?

>pic related

Sorry i didnt catch his name.
Who again?

Hello, I remember this thread when you gave me some tips to help me out with a fish bone stuck in my throat. Thank you very much for the tips it help me out very much

Any reason why you don't take it.
Give him a brake user he doesn't know.

>Lain.
I don't know who that is.
>Who?
Exactly.
>pic related
Pic related

Lain
at least you do

>Hello, I remember this thread when you gave me some tips to help me out with a fish bone stuck in my throat
Oh hey I remember you. good to see you didn't die from the bone.
>Thank you very much for the tips it help me out very much
Sure thing user.
>Any reason why you don't take it.
I just dislike all kind of medication.
>Give him a brake user he doesn't know.
I had to look it up, is it serial experiments Lain?

Im sorry but... who?

OP I'm a schizo too and just thinking of creating an ama thread, but yours are always better than mine, and one schizo thread is enough.
I just like to talk about my kinda "spiritual" schizo experiences, but you're way more down to earth with your threads. Good for you.

So from what I gather, you never had a psychosis in which you were convinced beyond any doubt that you were the messiah, with voices and signs telling you this, and reality began to crumble before your senses, everything spoke to you or about you, and while it was the most real thing you've ever experienced, everything around you reality itself started to became unreal, and it felt like being the main character in your own virtual reality computer game, the hero in your own epic myth?

If so we'd had something to talk about, but I guess you're not that kind of schizo, you strike me as too down to earth, as said, for that, too bad..

God.

Of course, but do you know of lains sister
Do you ever get a feeling before you hear voices or do they just happen.

>OP I'm a schizo
Hiya Schizfriend.
>just thinking of creating an ama thread
You could always make them when mine aren't around if you're worried about that.
>but you're way more down to earth with your threads
I've always been a "down to earth" kind of person, or that's what people tell me.
>convinced beyond any doubt that you were the messiah
Oh no, I very much have. It's kind of the foundation of my "religion".
It just never really comes up so I don't talk about it.

lains sister a cute. fellow lainon?

It's just to bad we might never see her brother.

>Do you ever get a feeling before you hear voices or do they just happen.
They're kind of always just around. Kind of like the periphery of my mind so to speak.

feels bad man

Are you afraid of death? Bcuz I feel like I'm schizophrenic and death doesn't seem like anything more than a concept to me, just like everything else in "life," like it just seems like the next necessary step

Do you think Araragi and Shinobu belong together?

Are they a more or less a free entity from you, Like can they talk on there own with out your influence or can you kind of control the conversation.

Ah no I'm not worried about you making schizo threads, that's alright. I enjoy your threads. I could always make them on other boards or as you say when your not around.

And oh, that's interesting, it's kind of the foundation of my religion too, my psychotic experiences that is, as I was an atheist before my first psychosis over 8 years ago, and psychosis is what got me religious, although it's my very own religion founded on my psychosis.

So.. wanna talk about it?
What do you make of the fact, in hindsight, that there are people like me out there, that we are multiple messiah? Can you tell me more about your religion? If you want to, that is? Like what do you think happens after we die? What do you think the meaning of life is? Do you think the voices are real and belonging to spirits/the divine/something else?

I for one don't have the answers to all of these questions, but it really got me to think about those kind of questions, and I think psychosis made me a much more interesting person, if nothing else.. That's one fact I know, and that psychosis is more than just "too much dopamine in your brain" and nothing more. At least there are much more layers to it, that are interesting to be examined and to be understood.

>Are you afraid of death?
No. There isn't much that I am afraid of. The concept of fear isn't something I really.. get?
>I feel like I'm schizophrenic
If you feel like you, you probably aren't. But if it's something you're worried about you should see someone about it.
>doesn't seem like anything more than a concept to me
That's fairly normal.
>Do you think Araragi and Shinobu belong together?
I guess so?
>Are they a more or less a free entity from you,
I wouldn't say that, they are me, and I am them. In sense.
>Like can they talk on there own with out your influence
Yes, they can.
>or can you kind of control the conversation.
I can also influence and control it, but not always.

Feels really bad