Why don't you care about animal welfare Sup Forums?

Why don't you care about animal welfare Sup Forums?

You don't have to go full blown vegan, just be smart and put some thought into your purchases. There's plenty of resources out there which allow you to avoid the evil companies yet I'm willing to bet that none of you do this.

Don't you care about the life of these animals? Or are you mentally ill?

Fuck off hippie

I am being 100% serious when I say that cruelty enhances the texture. The fat is more succulent due to lack of exercise and free movement and the muscle is more tender due to lack of stress. Fuck you if you want to take that from me.

If you think about it, those pigs on the pic wouldn't even exist without humans mass producing them.
So is it better to have never existed at all, or exist in slightly uncomfrotable conditions.

That sounds stupid.

I care about the conservation of at-risk wildlife species and think we as a nation need to do a better job of trying to save endangered animals.

But fuck off trying to get me to feel bad about my bacon and burgers I genuinely don't give a shit about that

Because if I care about animal welfare that means I have to care about niggers too

I would only be concerned if animals were caused unnecessary stress/ suffering. The reality is that demand for animal derived food requires efficient mass production. I can afford to pay a premium for free-range, naturally fed, etc, but most consumers cant handle that premium with their incomes.

Because you are a cuck that sucks nigger dick.

as far as the pig is concerned, it's just laying down. it doesn't know it will die. it doesn't know it could be doing other things. it just is. does it make it morally justifiable? to us, no. to the pigs? they don't fuckin' care.

>slightly uncomfrotable

>i want to preserve species as a curiosity for humans to look at but don't give a shit abut the animals as individuals
>this makes me a good person

that's just a fact.
without human enforcing there wouldn't be nearly as many cows/pigs/chickens as there are now

When they cease being so tasty, I'll begin to worry about how they're being treated.
Especially pigs.

I don't care and I have no problem taking a bolt gun to those pigs. Food has to come from somewhere, what do I care as long as the animal is fit to eat.

no it doesn't. i only care about animals. niggers etc. could (theoretically) look out for themselves.

When I wake up with a banging headache I want bacon and eggs, if an animal has to die for those bacon and eggs so be it.

I care but I rather not know

Ignorance is bliss

>Don't you care about the life of these animals? Or are you mentally ill?
no and no

Because most men are sociopaths. Empathy requires higher executive functions and most of mankind is clinically retarded at present. Prove me wrong.

Can't prove you wrong. You are 100% right.

It sounds stupid because giving life to something doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want to them, you have responsibilities even if you pretend that you don't.
Not quite, animals can provide meat, eggs and milk. You ought to treat them well since they they provide delicious goods. Maybe I'm coming of as a moralfag here.

>as far as the pig is concerned, it's just laying down

KEK. The pig is just like why the fuck I got these legs for

Yes, I have learned that, except for a very small number, what we call "morality" and "virtue" is just an arbitrary set of values and prejudices that society agrees upon. If something is completely morally reprehensible even by an extension of these values, but society arbitrarily accepts it, most people don't have the willpower to feel moral outrage against it.

You do understand some animal lifeforms are bred for slaughter and eating, correct? They serve no other purpose whatsoever. Do you think having a fucking cow run in the wilderness would have a prosperous life?

I don't believe in torturing the animals. But I bet getting a nice shock to the fucking head and being one and done is much better than being ravaged by a wolf while you're still alive.

They exist to live and be free in open scrub, not to be factory farmed a trillion times over until humans stop existing as we are now.

Blah blah blah shut the fuck up Limey

It's not just the death. I don't think you realize just how bad life in a factory farm is. No consideration at all is given to the comfort or happiness of these animals. Since treating them horrifically comes out cheaper, they don't give it a second thought. You should look at some of these factory farm videos and just place yourself in their head and imagine what it would be like, all your life.

>you have responsibilities even if you pretend that you don't.

They aren't torturing the animals. Hell, the pigs have it better than some other animals in the wild, at least they aren't being maimed by predators, and get fed regularily.
Like 100 years ago it was unheard of that your regular guy could have affordable and easily accesible meat on the table whenever he wants. And now we do.
But of course, whenever we have something nice, some fucking dumb cocksucker like you comes along and starts whining "B-b-b-but is the pig okay?" No, the pig is not okay. It's gonna die and its whole pig family is gonna die and be eaten. And if the pig doesnt like it, well maybe it should have evolved a little faster instead of bathing in mud and looking for truffles.

>open and free

Tell me how livestock can live in the wilderness successfully.

>Why don't you care about animal welfare Sup Forums?

I do care about animal welfare, user. I was horrified when Zimmerman was acquitted for shooting that poor monkey.

Empathy towards humans is good, since it is necessary to maintain a stable and peaceful society, but empathy towards food animals is just plain irrational.

We gain nothing from expending more on the care of a soon-to-be-bacon pig than is necessary to keep it alive long enough to maximize its meat yield.

>but society arbitrarily accepts it
Through subversion. Accepting truly imoral things based on agreed values do not happen naturally.

Look - first off, most of these 'factory farm' videos are outside of the US. New Zealand and China are some of the worst. Like I said earlier, I don't agree with the torturing of animals or having a disgusting living condition. You can see many farms where cattle roam free, graze and are treated fairly. My point remains that livestock and other animals bred for food and raising can not live a better life outside of farm life assuming that farm life is ethical. You ever seen a bambi get their shit pushed in?

There's organizations like Foster Farms which have brutal methods of slaughter. I choose not to eat their shit.

>There's organizations like Foster Farms which have brutal methods of slaughter. I choose not to eat their shit.

You realise you are among the 99.9 percentile by doing this right?

The vast majority of Americans just buy the cheapest meat off the shelf and don't think about what's inside it or where it comes from. Same with Brits too, to a smaller extent though because of our Muslim demographic.

I do. I won't eat meat that isn't at least free range, and I've been cutting even that down to a few times a week at most.

This is beneficial both in terms of animal welfare and the environment.

Trust me - I know. But I feel much better with making a choice like that. Also it's nice to support smaller and local farms as opposed to a large corporation.

To never have been born is best of all.

pssh PAIN and SUFFERING makes BACON more TASTY muahahaha

I'm saying that the fact that other animals have it worse doesn't justify the treatment you give your own animals. If you're able to, you should give them the opportunity to roam and live, not just survive.

>most consumers cant handle that premium with their incomes
Then they should eat meat less, or not at all.

DAE think bacon is the greatest food ever invented? xD

>care about the life of these animals?
nope they are food

>care about the life of the meat I'm going to eat

It was never a life to begin with, dummy.

It's food. It doesn't have 'a life' beyond growing to a size large enough to feed many people.

Are you mentally ill? Who the fuck cares if your food is 'stress free'?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you.

>pssh PAIN and SUFFERING makes BACON more TASTY muahahaha
This is a perfect example of what I love about Sup Forums

Animals don't worry about life or death, they live then die. Why should we care if they don't.

Drop off a cliff, my friend

Bacon smells good, but I don't like the taste or texture of it.

>not buying from local farm
Shiggy

yes I'm trying but anyone who isn't a fucking alien loves meat too

Kinda hard if you live in a big city.

lmao yep

like if u would jump on a kitten just to get like a ton of bacon ;) now that would b p epic

>slightly uncomfrotable conditions

They're only produced to live through torturous lives.

Totally agree user. It's all meat, there's no life.

Brb guys, taking a shovel to my dogs head because I feel like meat tonight. I have a MAJOR headache so it's worth it.

I'm fine with government regulation to ensure farm animals are treated well, as long as imported meat it held to the same standards.

But I'm not going to pay extra for some bullshit sticker that's only designed to boost margins.

now loog at dis delicus snack :---DDDDD

*licks lips*

>he wouldn't eat dog if it was all that was available

Good on you, user. We're overpopulated as it is.

I'd eat your freshly dead corpse to survive, and if you wouldn't do the same you're a cuck faggot that deserves to have died anyways.

I already do.
I only eat meat that I hunt myself.
It's the anti-consumerist option, as many of the problems surrounding meat have to do with placing profit above all other considerations. It is unsustainable.

I wouldn't mind dog meat if they had an OK life.

THIS

then I'd go to u rwife and rape her while wearing ur face as a mask

They're just tools and resources to me

I prefer my meat slaughtered.

I only have a tiny kitchen plus I'm lazy.

Would you eat a cat Sup Forums?

You weren't staring, but your only alternative was a plate of spinach and broccoli.

You'd also get a 5oz steak tomorrow to reward you for not killing the cat.

Why do you think I hold a firearms licence?

>you're mentally ill if you're not as much of a bleeding heart faggot as me
are you the ill one?

5oz isn't alot.

I'd eat that entire cage-full of CAT MEAT to avoid starving.

I suppose I'd try it.

Same with dog.

Maybe even human depending on who it came from and what part of the body.

Dogs have been raised to be companion animals, not meat. So eating dogs is just retarded.

If there was a species of dog specifically raised for meat eating, it'd be different.

idk.

When it comes down to you or the dog, you're gonna choose the dog every time.

NO

Just don't eat the brain and you're ok. It depends on the age for the taste.

Spinach and broccoli is delicious and real fucking good for you, user.

I wouldn't eat a cat. Might eat a baby human, though.

First post, best post.

If it tastes anything like tiger I'd pass.

In like an apoc situation the dog is going to starve anyway might as well put it out for mercy in the first place.

>Never sitting on a soft leather lounge again

No thanks

Any human meat is a serious infection risk.

>he can't provide food for both himself and his dog

just end yourself user. my dog will never starve, i'll find a fucking way, i'll murder you if i have to just so he has a full belly tonight & im vegetarian

We only buy meat from a local farmer.
Is a bit more expensive but tastes better (and we know what they really eat / get vaccinated with)

>not hunting with the dog for far better chances of success

We didn't breed them as companions for their looks

that's good user, highly commendable and admirable thing to do.

if only more people did the same thing. they'd support local business, eat better quality meat and it'd only cost them a bit more.

the way Sup Forums obsesses over meat im surprised they eat the shitty cheap stuff from factories.

But I do. I have the firm belief that if you abuse your pets, wildlife, or other animals that are to be loved and appreciated then you're going to the deepest pits of hell.

Livestock, however, were not raised with the intention of being loved. They were raised to be food.

There is a clear difference between a pet pig and a livestock pig.

>people with american flags considering eating a dog
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

And what if humans have made themselves the enemies of all life? Then empathy for humans becomes suicide and empathy for nature OVER humans becomes not only logical but the only path of sanity.

The fact is, humans are a subset of organic life, yet they represent a threat currently to all life, including themselves. Therefore it's actually MORE logical to care about trees or pigs than it is to care about humans.

It's because most Sup Forums posters are unemployed, bitter, frustrated virgins. They can't afford quality meat. Their attitude toward animals is a post-hoc rationalization of their food purchasing habits. Quite pathetic, really.

Pigs are proven to be smarter than cats and dogs, and many people keep some breeds as pets.

Would you be okay with eating dog if there was a type of breed that was bred to be food, that had more leaner and larger cuts of meat?

>believing what a package tells you.
So I wonder, those eggs you buy, how do you know those chickens roam free? Hell, how do you know you are even eating real, unmodified eggs?

Because I eat those animals
There is nothing worse they will ever endure than being digested by my stomach acids
You're a faggot if you give a shit about animals when there is no real humane way to treat them anymore due to the massive amounts we have to breed and kill in order to feed our populations now days

Dogs and cats are smarter than human infants. I'm therefore in favor of eating human infants.

>he doesn't read moral philosophy

>slightly uncomfrotable[sic]
What would you do for a pig?

Dogs aren't primary consumers, ya dingus.

I'd eat downright anything if I wuz hungry enough. So would the dog and pig btw.

I can't imagine that cat would even be palatable. Dog MAYBE, and even that sounds risky. I never even liked venison. Honestly, I don't know how people can stomach most meats. Pork is fatty and gross, Venison is bitter, Turkey is DRY AS FUCK even if it's swimming in water it still has a dry texture. Even beef is mostly disgusting unless you prepare it in very specific ways or hide it in other things like hamburgers so you don't have to contend with the chewy, nasty texture. Chicken is greasy as shit unless you prepare it just right, etc. Honestly, fish and seafood are some of the only meats that you don't have to practice some form of alchemy on to make edible. I think most people - particularly Americans have extremely low standards for food taste and texture.

>there is no real humane way to treat them anymore due to the massive amounts we have to breed and kill in order to feed our populations now days

One solution is for more people to become vegetarian and/or vegan.

Another is to stop growing the human population, and instead shrink it. (We don't even have to go killing people, just stop having babies.)

>slightly uncomfortable

I would rather not live than to live in those conditions

I do, in all honesty kin
decided 7 years ago I would not eat meat from the industrial machine anymore. living in a city, that means for all intents and purposes I'm now a vegetarian. feel much better morally, seen too many sickening overcrowded feedlots