Donnie Darko

So Sup Forums, how do you feel about Donnie Darko?

Other urls found in this thread:

donniedarko.org.uk/explanation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

decent movie. not the greatest, not the worse.

I find it kinda funny, and I find it kinda sad.

It's a nice watch to kill some time.

Pretty bad. Very much overrated. Never understood the appeal of. Everyone who kept recommending it to me were teenage edgelords.

Jake Galangal put in a good enough performance though.

This. Also, the movie has a lot of familiar faces.

not nearly as bad as it's fanbase, not nearly as good as it's reputation

I just didn't like the worn out places

i feel as if some of the locale was too familiar, though.

If you're 16 it's great
If you're 20+ it's good

What about the worn out faces?

It's a good sci-fi movie about time travel. Retards try to attach a deeper meaning to it, even though they got BTFO by the director years ago.

Never made it past 40 minute mark

agree completely. its wannabe-deep edgelord shit.

Try hard-the movie.

It's god tier if you're 14-16. It's cringy after you're past 20 and remember how much you admired the film

it's awful

the movie is a fluke and richard kelly is a very dumb person. the only reason it got popular was due to all the angsty bullshit and how jena malone is qt as fuck in it

its*
it's = it is
it is fanbase/reputation makes no sense

(You) are welcome.

It had a lot of potential but fell flat.

dunno if I watched a shitty cut or what but there was absolutely no explanation about what the fuck was going on

One of my favourite movies Tbh famalampam

get a load of this jerk off

Director's Cut explains the movie a bit better

Or just read the explanation online:
donniedarko.org.uk/explanation/

i saw it for the first time this year def my favorite movie i saw this year

Second worst film i have ever seen. Its just fucking retarded. And the end on the movie is like the first 20 mins of the start. Wew so deep. Everyone telling me "dude that movie is deep as fuck you just dont understand it"
Yea sure i dont understand that hipster bullshit. Fuck off. Tryhard 2deep4you movie. Wasted my time and ill never watch it again. Its not good its just tryhard 2deep4you timewaste.

The worst movie though was Enter the void. I dont know why i sit through the WHOLE fucking movie. It took like 2-3 hours of my life. Always looking how long this shit movie goes on. Fuck Enter the void man, gayst piece of shit ever, fucking gay movie really. And fuck donnie darko too.

it's extremely dumb and no one really knew exactly until the idiot director got interviewed

"beings" from the future are using frank as some type of conduit puppet to get donnie to go back in time and die when the airplane part falls through the house. he dies, the timeline goes back to normal and the world doesn't end.

it's retarded

you're young you don't know what good kino is if it shot you before throwing you out of a plane

good to know that I'm not dumb and the film does indeed make no fuckin sense

The negative response to this film is purely reactionary.

if you actually think it's a good movie you're probably like 17

revolutionary opinion

if you actually think it's a bad movie you're probably like 19 and are still in that phase where you hate everything you did in your adolescence.

I liked bronson, fight club, falling down, the first 3 batmans, Memento and others i cant remember anymore so not worth mentioning.

Time travel? The tangent universe explanation is far better.

Fuck i didnt saw the bane meme.

18 here, thought it was an alright movie, the whole premise of the movie was Donnie lives in universe a, and a plane engine fell on his house, a "glitch" in the universe happened and sucked the plane engine to an alternate universe, or universe b, he gets brought to universe b to set a series of events in motion to send the plane engine back since 2 of the same object can not exist in the same universe, in the process he ended up getting a girlfriend and his life stopped being shitty, but it all gets ruined so he does his job, now knowing what will happen after he send the plane engine back to his original universe, he then wakes up laughing in his room in universe a, a month before, and he knows what will happen, so he goes back to bed accepting death, and the plane engine ends up crashing into his room and killing him

Revolutionary.

its ok

The movie is underrated, it just got popular YEARS after release. It's a good movie for the low budget it has, but it doesn't look like it. I think people hate it because

IT"S A MOVIE ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL.

So it's juvenile to begin with, so all the 20+ like you shit on it because it doesn't mean anything to you anymore. It's not talking about the parties and sex as much as the anxiety and the isolation. It's not something everyone would understand or appreciate.

It's just a small time story that's got good dialogue and is interesting because it's atypical of most high school stories that don't have one group of 30 years vs. another group of 30 years all pretending to be half their age.

Yeah but ending a movie like the theatrical release that doesn't describe everything for you isn't an easy thing to do and they do it in a very NOT PRETENTIOUS way imho.

Because the reaction of everyone in the end, that even if you don't figure out what it all means you at least still SEE how it meant to them and that gives a partial closure without also giving a reveal. IT doesn't leave you wanting more but it doesn't leave with giving it all away.

It's a fine balance, and most people that say the movies dumb is because there's not many movies quite like it so it's hard to understand the writting. It's just well done, but nothing to write home about unless you enjoy good writting.

That's the plot, but as a means of movie narrative it's pretty good, not to dumb but not to smart. It's more like modern movies then American Beauty and Fight Club that explained every detail.

Richard Kelly's only good decent movie.

How exactly does one suck a fuck?

What's a fuckass?

s darko was way better