Hi Sup Forums, I'm never really into music but I'm about to listen to the entire Beatles core catalogue in one go

Hi Sup Forums, I'm never really into music but I'm about to listen to the entire Beatles core catalogue in one go.

Wish me luck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvEexTomE1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

waste of time

F U C K
O F F

Really?
The ENTIRE catalogue?
Both U.S. AND British albums?
Both mono AND stereo?

HAVE FUN!

Beatles are shit
John Lennon beat his wife
Ringo is best Beatle
ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Am I missing anything?

If you want the lite version, listen to Rubber Soul - Abbey Road

If you start listening to them as an adult then you won't appreciate the first half of their discography.

Prepare to be underwhelmed. Only good if you lived in the 60's.

OP here, no not the entire catalogue, just the British ones, the cores only.

Wings are better
THE FACT THAT

>Well she was just seventeen
>You know what I mean

What DID he mean by this?

But which version of Rubber Soul do you recommend?

The U.S. and British versions are slightly different.

PLEB SPOTTED

Define what you mean by "Core"
Either way, have a good time

You might've gotten dubs but if you have to ask what he meant, then you don't even deserve to know.

OP here, nope I'm going to listen to all 13 core albums, from the first to last in release order. Taking breaks after each album finishes.

It's all about Ringo. You can skip over any songs that aren't by him.

Please define what you mean by "Core"

Whatever it is, have a good time.

While I agree that Ringo is best Beatle and Yoko is right on the money in the article posted, I think George songs are equally as good. One could skip Paul songs, but John songs should be listened to at least once.

George and Ringo songs are best Beatles songs.

UK, because of Nowhere Man

Define Ringo song

>Please Please Me
>With the Beatles
>A Hard Day's Night
>Beatles for Sale
>Help!
>Rubber Soul
>Revolver
>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
>Magical Mystery Tour
>White Album
>Yellow Submarine
>Abbey Road
>Let It Be

UK version, in that order.

Best album coming thru

Fair enough. GOAT song. So is If I Needed Someone and What Goes On. (These songs didn't appear on the U.S. version. Neither did Drive My Car. They appeared on Yesterday and Today in the U.S.)

I Wanna Be Your Man
Boys (Cover)
If You've Got Troubles (From Anthology Vol. 2)
Honey Don't (Cover)
Matchbox (Cover)
What Goes On
Act Naturally (Cover)

These are my favorite Ringo songs.

I'm not going to mention the obvious like Yellow Submarine, With A Little Help From My Friends, Don't Pass Me By, or Octopus' Garden because everybody knows these songs. (But they're still good. Ringo haters can fuck off!)

You gonna listen to those in mono, stereo, or both?

Don't get demotivated after the first five, because they get better after Help. Also, if you like what you're hearing, stick around on this board

Did you know that was the last Beatles album to be released in Mono?

It would be criminal not to play them back to back and make comparisons.

I would listen to Abbey Road after let it be, since Abbey Road was the last one they recorded together. I have always thought of it as their final effort

You could switch Let it Be with Abbey Road, because it was recorded before.

Are those technically Ringo songs? He only wrote two major ones

Good choices

Based Ringo
youtube.com/watch?v=bvEexTomE1I

Don' pass me by.

skip the fucking entire discography then

Paul pls

leave Abbey Road last, you're gonna thank me later

Listening to the 2009 remastered version. Ignoring past masters. Stereo btw

No, I'll be listening to them in chronological release order.

Despite song writing credits, I count them as Ringo songs since he's the one doing the singing.

How old are you? I was like 12-13 when I listened their whole discography and probably liked Revolver and Rubber Soul the most.

Let It Be was recorded before Abbey Road. The last Abbey Road song is called The End. Listen to what I say, you'll be glad you did this.

You shouldn't ignore Past Masters though
It has Paperback Writer, Rain, and You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)

Actually the last song on Abbey Road is Her Majesty. When the album was first released they actually used to list it on the label and the cover.

See

I get that. I kinda do that too

Where should I put past masters then?
Using this list

it's kind of a bonus song. do what I say you faggot and you'll be very happy

Listen to it in between Rubber Soul and Revolver. You'll here outtakes from the albums you already heard, plus you get a taste of what is to come

Actually, even though it might not be in proper chronological ores, you should listen to it first because all the songs on there ARE in chronological order. This way you'll know how The Beatles' sound grew and evolved through the years.

Hi OP, I did exactly that today. You can safely skip everything before Rubber Soul.

>you should listen to it first

I'm near the end of With the Beatles

>skipping Help! and A Hard Day's Night

And Beatles for Sale

I listened to them as an adult like a year ago (entire discog) and I can't even appreciate their entire discography.

There are like 4 songs worth listening to on those records.

WAS ANY OF IT TOP 50 STUFF?

>skipping Help

Uhh... I dunno. I don't really listen to pop rock/rock/psychedelic rock. It was certainly really interesting and fun but I'd have to listen to it more to claim something like that.

And I don't even have a top 50 list.

Ok then, what are some of your favourite albums?

Right now The Beatles could change tho.
>releasing s/t 9 albums in

Skip Yellow Submarine, That is just the soundtrack of the film, it has non Beatles music.

or just start with Rubber Soul and save yourself some time

OP here, just finished Help!. Holy shit that was intense, really enjoying it. Going to take a break then moving on to Rubber Soul.

What's your favourite as of now?

Tie between Please Please Me and Help!

Bump

Good luck I guess

OP here, just finished Revolver. I got to say as an album entirely, I'll give Rubber Soul the edge however the last track of Revolver was a serious killer.

Next one, Sgt Pepper

He fell for the Ringo meme

They're right, Abbey Road is clearly supposed to be their finisher

Make sure it's the 2017 mix

I haven't got the 2017 mix yet so as of now I'm listening to the 2009 remastered.

Are you sure? I'm still having doubts and feel that I should just go chronological. Anyone else would like to support this user's statement?

Is the new mix? I heard is too clean.

How is the new mix*
Abbey Road was the last thing they recorded so even if you listen in chronological it counts.

Much better than the 2009 remaster

You will grow to realize how stupid this opinion is

It sounds even more textured thanks to vocals being centered and more correct instrument separation, She's leaving home also has its original speed now.

*tip*

It's so good that I can't even tolerate the original mix anymore.

OP here, finished Sgt. Pepper and wow, just wow. That Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) fading into A Day in the Life, with the piano at the end, really gave me the chills. If this is what The Beatles has to offer, I can't wait to go on. As usual taking a break before moving on to Magical Mystery Tour .

Magical Mystery Tour is an amazing psychedelic album. Damn, I wish I could listen to the whole thing for the first time again.

it is good. definitely better than the original stereo mix. However it is very loud and has little dynamic range. I still prefer the mono overall, but She's Leaving Home and Within You Without You are better in the new stereo

Just wait until you get to Abbey Road my dude

Yeah I noticed how loud it is too, it isn't perfect but definitely a step in the right direction if they are going to do the other albums someday.

OP here, done with Mystery Tour. Overall a solid listen but I feel it doesn't have that album aesthetic compared to Sgt. Peppers but I definitely enjoy the psychedelic sound of it. Next stop White Album but since its a double, I'm going to take a longer break.

did you like 'I am the walrus'?

It's my favourite beatles song :)

My favorite would be Blue Jay Way, Stretching hard and getting ready for the double.

White album will probably feel really out of place the first time, don't let it ruin Abbey Road/Let It Be for you.

Well it was never intended to be an album. It's actually an EP mixed with their singles from around that time, hence the lack of cohesion.

Save yourself some time and just listen to these:

Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Beatles (White Album)
Abbey Road

treat it as a compilation

Read the thread faggot

>tfw been on mu for 9 years
>only beatles album I've heard is Sgt. Pepper

OP here, White Album is really a lackluster plus its so long. There are a few good tracks like Dear Prudence, Happiness Is a Warm Gun and
Helter Skelter but I can't really say I enjoy it compared to the previous albums. Next on the list, Yellow Submarine. As again I'm going to take a break before proceeding.

Well at least it will probably make you appreciate Abbey Road more, it did it for me at least.

What was your reaction to Revolution 9?

Weird. I sincerely thought there will be a screamer somewhere.

beatles suck

check out their singles to for songs that didn't make it onto any albums

OP here, just finished Yellow Submarine and it was a disappointment. The album sounds like something you would play in a circus. Okay as recommended by the anons in this thread, I will go for Let It Be and then then Abbey Road as the finale. Two more to go.

OP here, Let It Be is surprising good. I had always heard about how negative the album is but I can't say that is true from my experience. Now for the last album of the marathon, Abbey Road. Anons all said that the final track is the closer for The Beatles so I think I'm ready for it. Giving myself a huge stretch before proceeding.

I'm envying you, I'd give anything just for listening to abbey road for the first time again

Yeah Let It Be it's probably the most underrated album along with their debut.

Because it was the soundtrack of the movie

OP here, okay holy shit Abbey Road is seriously GOAT. What an experience, what an adventure, you guys were right about putting it as the last album, gotta admit I'm feeling a little high right now after listening to the second part of the album. You seriously can't get better than this.

Alright, time to wrap up. 10 hours long, 13 albums marathon. Feeling exhausted yet somewhat completed, as if the missing part of my life has been partially-restored. Going to rank the albums below.

>Please Please Me 8/10
>With the Beatles 6/10
>A Hard Day's Night 5/10
>Beatles for Sale 7/10
>Help! 8/10
>Rubber Soul 9/10
>Revolver 8/10
>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 9/10
>Magical Mystery Tour 8/10
>White Album 6/10
>Yellow Submarine 5/10
>Let It Be 7/10
>Abbey Road 10/10

That's all for the marathon, glad I took the challenge and thanks for all the support and recommendation from you guys. Probably won't be listening to music for awhile.

Interesting ratings.