Hey Sup Forums found this file on a usb cant be opened with notepad and it cant be deleted because the filename is too...

hey Sup Forums found this file on a usb cant be opened with notepad and it cant be deleted because the filename is too long it also cant be renamed no Idea how i've come to posses it. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2891362/a-file-copy-operation-fails-when-files-or-folders-have-long-paths-in-windows-explorer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

try different file explorers

deleting it isnt the problem I want to know what it is I could just format the disk if I wanted to

Slap the file on your phone. Use a file manager to rename. Move back to computer and work with it from there.
Process would be simplified if you had a computer with Linux installed.

open with WinRAR and check that shit

I run dual so its no biggie but I'm just interested to see what it is I'm poking at it with a few things but its not giving anything up

This
Also this file is like a megabyte in size so it's probably any of the following ones

.exe
.bin
.dat
.zip
.mp3 (maybe)
and .jpg or .png (oversized)

tried winrar it failed

Strange that it's just 2 blocks that won't rename the file. Umm try copying the text and post it here like what does it say?

just tried to post it thats what happened
text pasted here:

google translateor

here

It's two blocks because it's probably a corrupted file and Windows is merely making the best effort interpretation of the corrupt filename.

When filenames get too long you can't simply rename it normally, or at least outside of the dos prompt. Even then, if the folder path also adds too much to the filename, you might not even be able to move it to a shorter path

I forgot how to get around this but I know it's possible

>like a megabyte
it says 4865 KB

are you fucking retarded?

I've already explained how to rename it to make it more manageable in windows....

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2891362/a-file-copy-operation-fails-when-files-or-folders-have-long-paths-in-windows-explorer

It's usually not just the filename though, op is gonna have to move the file to a shorter folder structure. People who have 15 nested long ass folder names are annoying little cunts

We are talking about moving the file here.. Not the whole folder structure. He can place it on his desktop or in x: after the rename if he wanted to. Try and pay attention.

OP open the file in a Hex Editor and post the results

hex editor results

Thats because its a mac drive... Get a file Explorer that can read it or toss it on a linux distro like ive said like 15 times already...

Get the "Take Ownership" reg file on google or something, left-click take ownership, then try renaming it

try uploading it to a file converter, and change it to the file extensions listed a few min ago:

Nice trips fag

>4865 kb
>Doesn't know how much in a thousand kb is in a mb

Do you even math?