Sup Forums seems really slow these days, and I'm not sure if that's good or bad...

Sup Forums seems really slow these days, and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Perhaps my perception is off but it used to seem like threads would be pruned or autosaged in a matter of minutes, or threads would be filled with dozens upon dozens of replies every minute. Now it feels slower. I see threads that last for hours sometimes.

Have any of you noticed this recently, especially around this time of the day?

Or is it just me?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/04/Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This thread has gotten zero replies so far, it has been nearly ten minutes, and it still exists. I don't recall empty threads lasting this long a few years back.

Yeah I noticed this !myself maybe cuz its memorial day

I've noticed it consistently over the past several days, and sporadically over the past couple of weeks. I think traffic into Sup Forums has declined lately. That is my thought.

Most of the normal users left till september. The summerfags just haven't arrived yet.

Sup Forums is suffering from financial troubles lately. There is a good chance he site might fundamentally change or close at some point. I'm sure some users left when that news was announced, honestly.

It's been like this for a couple of years.

Proofs?
Pretty much since moot sold out and Sup Forums went mainstream

I left Sup Forums for a couple of years when they implemented captcha. It became so difficult and frustrating to post anything compared to hoe it was before.

theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/04/Sup Forums-website-financial-trouble-martin-shkreli

Here is a random article about it, there are plenty of others.

1/9/90% rule.
We've simply come closer to how things normally are on the internet.
And that change is because we've become mainstream. Underground, more dedicated communities function differently from the 1/9/90.

>source: Hiro's greedy ass
Sup Forums is fine financially. Hiro is just a lying piece of shit. Don't trust what he says, he's done it all with 2ch already, read up.

>Have any of you noticed this recently, especially around this time of the day?
>Or is it just me?
I noticed as well. I thought it was a glitch.

Checked dubs
I will have to check into it further, as I am apparently uninformed. I'm sure quite a few other longtime users of the site were as well. I just hope it didn't affect site traffic as I fear it has.

Time for the thread to autosage.

Goodnight, sweet prints.

Most old Sup Forums users went to 8(han the fake 8(han). The rest went to Sup Forums Sup Forums has been dead and shit for years

I know there are a few left. I posted an oc back in 2007 or so of an extremely shitty shopped dust pan and forgot, and then found it again on here a couple of months ago, so I can't be the only one.
>pic related

By my calculations, Sup Forums's post rate is below 130,000 posts a day.

Two years ago, it was 210,000 posts a day.

I have strong opinions of anyone who begins a sentence with "By my calculations" but I ill assume your math checks out. The site is slowly dying, I think.

It takes over a week now to get a GET (a post number divisible by 1,000,000). That means the post rate is below 142,857. If it takes longer than 8 days, it will have fallen below 125,000 posts a day.

I do my part to get the post rate back up, as I post on Sup Forums an average of 175 times a day.

Part of the reason is more boards. Let's look at /trash/, for example.

Right now, /trash/ is near 9,580,000 posts. I think that around 40% of those posts would've been made on Sup Forums if /trash/ didn't exist.

That's over 3,700,000 posts stolen from Sup Forums right there. If it wasn't for /trash/, Sup Forums and /mlp/, Sup Forums would most likely be over 750,000,000 posts by now.

I shitposted so hard last night/this morning that even I'm ashamed of it. Hours of posting he same thing in every damn thread I could. I don't think individual posts matter really; a larger influx of users is more important than one person posting to that degree.

It only takes a few people to get the post rate back up.

The maximum number of posts one person can make on Sup Forums in one day is 5,760. If we got only 100 people to do that, we'd add 576,000 posts in one day.

It currently takes around 5 days for Sup Forums to see 576,000 posts.

Bruh chill some goddamn, you gotta be baiting me right now mane. I'm not sober enough for maths right now. I haven't really used it so much since college.