Films that make you wish humanity never existed

Films that make you wish humanity never existed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6aIiIyII2w
youtube.com/watch?v=Ka11Pqi1bbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

better count the ones that i don't

The Matrix

Sausage Party

Any David Attenborough doc.

Threads (1984)

90% of the 2005-2016 produced ABSOLUTE SHIT """HORROR""" MOVIES that are stupid and not scary at all

youtube.com/watch?v=n6aIiIyII2w

The Descent was pretty spoopy

Wow. So true.

I'd never really thought about how misanthropic nature documentaries are.

this movie is anti nuclear war propaganda and the effects are vastly overblown
nuclear winter is a meme

>anti nuclear war propaganda
Yeah man nuclear war is 10/10 fuck the haters

Schindler's List.
Not even trolling

Deadpool

nuclear war is not a pretty thing, but it is not as bad as portrayed in the movie.
Think about it, everybody has an interest to overplay the effects of a real nuclear engagement, nobody has an interest to underplay it

If there was genuine all out nuclear war between two or more superpowers, it would be a cataclysmic clusterfuck. Even after all the disarmament the amount of energy in those stockpiles could fuck earth up pretty badly.

Bottom (2011)

What film is that? I loved Threads and The Day After. I'm up for some soul crushing nuclear films.

Not that guy, but there's a soviet movie called Dead Man's letters. That's a soul crushing nuclear apocalypse movie

This. Also When the Wind Blows.

Already seen it senpai senpai
Was pretty comfy.

i once saw an ending to a movie when i was a kid, and its stuck in my mind, however i never really looked for it, but this is a good thread to ask

there was a group of people hiding in huge cannals or those giant sewage tubes or something like that, and when they left it to get outside, there was nuclear ashes falling everywhere around, like snow, and credits soon afterwards

does that sound familiar to anyone?
thank you

Could it be 1984?
I remember in the film that it ends with the protagonist leaving the city as it is nuked.

I mean in the book

I don't even know if they made a film

My dad made me watch it.... it's old but still packs a punch

Of course they did you plebeian.

I wish this user never existed.

>The Day After
for a minute I through you meant the visual novel series where Humanity uses Gravity nukes to kill off invading aliens, but results in half the earth lacking an atmosphere, as well as a cataclysmic 1000m tidal wave that erased every landmark not above that elevation.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ka11Pqi1bbI

The Divide (2011)

Probably the most grueling film I've watched in months

If you think film makes you wish for something, you're deluding yourself. You had that idea in your head the entire time. Why? I have no clue. However, in my opinion, that idea is rather dull and childish. Humanity never had a reason to exist in the first place, so why would it have a reason to not exist?

whats it like living in a 3rd world country

kys weeb lmao

the ending fucking triggered me

I once saw a movie when I was a kid too
There was a huge face of a devil made out of white smoke . Spooked me like hell.
Pic related

That's the end of fahrenheit 541
1984 ends with him sitting in a café

Bitter Lake by Adam Curtis.
Seen it just recently and it fucked me up good. What a fucking mess we are in.

Fuck don't remind me.

"Alright, I've worked it out, we'll have to cut rations to 500 calories."

>"Five hundred? FIVE hundred?! That wouldn't be enough to keep a flea alive!"

"Should we be keeping anyone alive?"

fugg

Sex and the City 2

You're right

Other user is right. Leaked internal notes from US military intelligence admitted the potential of destruction from nuclear assault, while massive, was still overblown in the media portrayal.

By overblown, I mean there is no nuclear winter, no grandiose mutation metamorphosis by which every small beast turns into a giant spider, agriculture could go on largely untouched very quickly. In the end, they are just bombs. Germany in 1945 after being carpet bombed by "traditional" weapons is probably the closest to what nuclear war would be.

The news.

>no grandiose mutation metamorphosis by which every small beast turns into a giant spider
So Fallout lied to me? Fucking Bethesda

TODD

Pale Blue Dot

Yep. The human body can take insane amount of radiation of the type emitted by nuclear weapons with little consequence.
Even in the case you take too much, you'll just die. Sorry, no transformation into ghoul or zombie.

f541 doesnt end with nukes.
he goes off into the hidden village with the others who are memorizing literature for humanity.

Did they make a Rubberbandits movie?

Because then we wouldnt have to read your shitty posts

tfw our insignificance 100% proves that life exists outside of our solar system.

Ben-Hur (2016)

This is one of the few films that have left me genuinely angry.

truly gruesome, loved the movie though

>agriculture could go on largely untouched very quickly.

Industrial agricultural depends on delicate supply chains. Take petrol for example. You need petrol for the lorries that transport necessary materials to their destinations. Petrol for the farming equipment. Petrol for the agro-chemicals etc...

It's hard to imagine how those supply chains wouldn't be disrupted in a nuclear exchange.

In an urban society, everything connects. Each person's needs are fed by the skills of many others. Our lives are woven together in a fabric. But the connections that make society strong also make it vulnerable.

Like... yarn?

Of course industry will be disturbed in general, agriculture included.
What I meant is that most plants are extremely resilient to radiation. The vegetation itself would be intact except for the plants directly burned up by the conflagration. And even there plants easily recover.

Of course the population would have for a time to desurbanize to get closer to food producing places. But a scenario like The Road where vegetation completely collapses and the few survivors turn cannibals waiting for even this source of food to tarnish, it's not going to happen.

I was thinking more like... Threads

What's going on on the right?

none to be honest.

He froze to death, probably the part where everyone leaves the cities in search of food

the point is that the "NUCLEAR" of Nuclear War was overplayed. Supply lines are disrupted in any war... The idea that the /// ATOMIC // A T O M /// will cause an unprecedented collapse of world civilisation is just the mind getting ahead of itself.

Also, Threads actually WAS anti-bomb propaganda.

Atomic bomb and nuclear bomb is the same thing. You mean hydrogen bomb?

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)
Either we kill the planet first or it kills us. Either way we fucking lose because of our stupidity

ICBMs present a situation that is unlike conventional bombing.

It's one thing to have railroads & cities bombed in a bombing raid. It's another to almost every major city bombed AT ONCE in a span of hours. It's a combination of the suddenness and the sheer destructive power that would cause a civilizational collapse. Not human extinction, but a collapse of the delicate systems that work together to make the global economy function that would likely result in the death of billions from starvation, lack of access to clean water or medical supplies etc...

I think his point is that while the sheer impact of the bombing would cause unimaginable destruction, it wouldn't be very different qualitatively speaking from the usage of conventional weapons with the same destruction capacity. I.e not that many "side effects" as in the ones demonstrated in Threads.

Yes but logistically speaking marshalling that much destruction with conventional weapons and deploying it across the civilized world in a uniform fashion would take approximately one World War II amount of time and effort to accomplish, whereas nuclear holocaust can occur in hours.

The entire material and human cost of WWII in mere hours as opposed to the years it took is a daunting idea, which can not be imagined without nuclear weapons.