So Sup Forums who does HEMA? What style? What weapons do you own?

So Sup Forums who does HEMA? What style? What weapons do you own?

Other urls found in this thread:

hemaalliance.com/club-finders/
hroarr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Longsword and messer here

Nice! Going of of Messer, I take it German longsword as well?

I'd love to do this but I don't think I'm autistic enough.

It's only martial arts with weapons, nothing strange.

If you're so simple minded that you think history is autistic, I've got some bad news for you.

Only practicing kendo and bushido is autistic, friend.

What weapons do you have?

I own a few, I'll take a pic, I actually bought them before I started HEMA, we train in Fiore at my local club./ German Longsword seems very interesting as well though.

There may be a little bit of overlap between history and HEMA, but they're not the same thing user.

this

let me guess.
Huge Erections from Medieval Arms?

I don't do HEMA but sometimes I take my greatsword and chase thots around with it at night

ITT: edgelords

I see what you did there. :^)

OP maybe you should explain a bit what's the HEMA thing, most people there think we are freaks and don't know the fun of fight friends with a sword.

Lichtenaur tradition from Kal and Ringeck,, lecküchner messer.
occasional dabbling in i.33, di griassi rapier. and the odd bit of harnischfechten.

however, with 40 approaching, I'm reluctantly having to accept that most of my sparring days are behind me and I certainly dont have the joint health for wrestling.

> but I don't think I'm autistic enough.
its pretty clear if you wont do things you would "love to do", then you ARE autistic.

you can't celebrate HEMA and condemn Japanese martial arts. Support both or neither.

I want to try HEMA very much, but unfortunately I don't really have access to any classes

Not the one your comment was directed to. This I agree with though, as much as I have no interest in the Japanese forms, you do have to respect them for what they are.

Can you spar with any of these?
Where are you from?

Those no, they are all sharpened. I train with the left longsword at home though. Occasionally the hand and a half for cutting. The right longsword, is completely built for it I'm just scared of damaging haha, it cost far too much

30 yrs martial arts here, just the empty hands tho
Saw some of these HEMA matches with moves as sweet as anything in boxing.
Only criticism is it's not continuous.

Warrington. The closest club I am aware of is Manchester. Which, really, is pretty close to be fair, but I don't have the means to get there reliably at the moment and I believe it is some distance from a train station.

hemaalliance.com/club-finders/

See if there's something close to you

True, the manuals it's interpreted from are designed for killing strikes within seconds of combat starting. As a competitive sport it's not as entertaining haha

Oh shit, I think there's a much closer one than I was aware of. Thanks a lot, user, this is really promising

Yeah, It's a pain to take all your gear if don't have car or something, but you can find books or videos and train at home if you like this thing.

No problem user

messer and saber

yeah, home training is the best I've managed so far. I've got a respectable amount of gear for someone who doesn't take formal classes.

This is very true as well. Youtube can be priceless for learning foot positioning, guards and strikes, having a class or partner really is needed for proper technique and practical learning though

what about laijutsu?

You miss the fun part, thats sparing, but have something for the moment, I see you found a club, that's nice.

Yeah, definitely. I do Japanese martial arts so thankfully I can still get some degree of sparring, but even then it's incredibly rare to have weapons involved

Also, lot of information about clubs and historical treatises of various weapons here
hroarr.com
And
Wiktenauer.com

Cheers, I use Wiktenauer already but hroarr is new to me

They have lot of useful manuals in the download section.
I like HEMA for things like this

I was looking up stuff like that and it's great. Hard to tell if they are joking or being serious,

Obligatory

Some of those old manuals can be pretty nuts.

Alas I must sleep now on account of it being 0437, but a big thanks to everyone ITT who has given advice, you guys are alright