So Sup Forums, why aren't you doing gods work and funding this pilot? Or is it because you're an unevolved sexist pig?

So Sup Forums, why aren't you doing gods work and funding this pilot? Or is it because you're an unevolved sexist pig?

pilot story

Girl on the right looks like gibby from icarly

kinda interesting how they use the word evolved

no fucking way what

why?
for who?

evolved like a pug is evolved to be a twisted piece of genetic rubbish only fit to survive in pampered environment

Can women produce shit that isn't just dumb relationship normie garbage?

>Satire on masculinity
I'm not sure what is the satire? The pilot itself? I don't know, seems uncreative. Just watch something like pic related instead.
>Feminist female director
>Vanity
>Masculinity
what else do you need for being progressive?

>white women

Literally easy mode, and yet have the audacity to claim oppression

>equally qualified black single mother
>has to prove hes capable of an evolved open marriage
you cant make this shit up, i try to but i cant

You know this is the kinda shit you hear about but never believe.
They are so painfully unaware of how life and people work.
Its all subsumed by their religion.

That sounds pretty amazing, I'd watch it.

I'd watch it lel,
Sounds like a parody.

>Brooklyn
Sounds about right

What the fuck man.

I'm not sure if I'm sensing layers of irony here or if this is just so shameless it looks like a satire of itself.

What's middle class privilege?

Now being born in a house that makes mortgage payments is enviable?

Are we sure this isn't a Sup Forums parody?

nah m8, its real
check the kickstarter page
also, they mention that the crew is all women (except for the 2 cucks)

> People spent $3,000 on this.

Why?

inb4 will wheton donates to it

ah ahahahahaha

>Sup Forums

The only argument you have and is useless in other sites.

>Kickstarter

Good luck ever seeing this being made

Wil Wheaton is the one starring in it

But i'm sure he donates to it as well

Fuck off.

Sup Forums memes have been leaking into reality for the past year or so

If they don't achieve their total goal do they still get the other donations?

Don't give these people advertising.

No, Kickstarter holds them until the project's funded and gives them back if it isn't.

Once it's funded though, they've got the money in their pocket. There've been plenty of Kickstarters that were funded and then mismanaged to the point where they never delivered.

>rumspringa

A what?

I wonder what was the deal with that Kevin Smith tweet

I wonder what was the deal with that Kevin Smith tweet

>Satire of masculinity
>Guy is unable to have sex without emotions
>Masculinity
>Worried about being an unwitting beneficiary of discrimination
>Masculinity

Is it the word masculinity they don't understand or the word satire?

At this point it's old news that comedians can predict the future direction of progressivism better than the best political theorist.

Things that are used in parodies and jokes become serious beliefs years later.

Progressives are literally a living joke.

Can I donate money to keep this heap of shit from ever being created?

>woke

This has honestly become my least favorite word.

Google says it's what the Amish call when they send kids out to see the rest of the world so they can decide if they want to stay on the farm or not.

So it's basically a more romantic way of saying, "I want to whore around."

A fool and his money are soon parted.

wut

Satire on masculinity isn't even the correct way to describe it. I think that'd work if you had a series focusing on say, lower class males and their ideas of what it means to be a masculine man, and the sometimes comedic situations that can follow from the expectations they put up towards themselves and each-other. Something like the Inbetweeners, except not with adolescents.

What masculinity is there in this, though? All I see is two emasculated wimps who get tricked into allowing their partner to cheat or intentionally holding themselves back in their careers.

Jesus Christ, user you should have just ignored it so that the project would die.

I don't think they understand what satire means. It would be satire if the characters were stereotypical fratboy dudebros and we were suppose to laugh at their antics. But the characters are both SJW nu-males, this doesn't even seem like a comedy, let alone a satire.

Yeah, I don't know, I hope it doesn't get funded.

All these misogynist man children, if you dont donate your paycheck now, how will you ever overcome your shortcomings as a man?

She wants to get creampied by other guys

impressive

I searched on her facebook, found her sister and found this.

pic related.

Oy!

>not realising that this applies the other direction
>not realising you post on a board with holocaust-deniers, flat-earthers, creationists and climate-change-deniers among others
wew lad

If it's actually serious I want this funded just to see how bad it is

>Satire on masculinity isn't even the correct way to describe it.

No shit. This is how they describe it:

>I know a lot of dudes who consider themselves allies (hi, guys!). This is a show about two good men who we as an audience love and route for in their quest to do better.

>The truth is, we can all do better! It's not always easy. But occasionally it is funny.

This isn't a satire. Dr. Strangelove is a satire. And everyone is a fucking asshole and they all die. This is just SJW hugboxing shit.

But your paycheck is what pays my welfare paycheck

How is not wanting to hire single mothers discrimination?
Hiring women =/= hiring single mothers

>WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

The first season of Evolved explores what that term means — ‘evolved’— for each of the characters. Nate moves back to Texas after he and his wife ‘consciously un-couple’ (Gwyneth + Chris Martin style). Nate must acclimatize to his new physical environment (the suburbs of Austin), and social environment (as a new bachelor and first-time single-parent). He explores suburban single life, going on a few ill-fated dates. At work, Nate will struggle to win the respect of his hyper-masculine colleagues and bosses.

>In the first season, Ben explores his new role as uncle/ nanny/ surrogate-dad. What was formerly known as ‘unemployment’ is now dubbed ‘domestic labor’ in the Reynolds household. Ben spends his days caring for Aiden and playing politics in his new friend group— a smattering of British au pairs, mail-order nannies from the Philippines, and high school girls trying to make enough cash to buy Justin Bieber tickets. Ben becomes one of the girls at parks and moms-and-tots pure barre classes. But, while the nurturing caretaker role comes easily to Ben, it creates problems in his relationship with Rachel throughout the first season.

>Rachel’s comfortable dual-income-no-kids lifestyle gets disrupted with Nate and Aiden’s arrival. Rachel might never want children and having a toddler around forces the question. Rachel believes being evolved means being able to operate outside the norms of heterosexual monogamy. Ben, on the other hand, has a more teleological idea of what it means to have an ‘evolved’ relationship. Feeling hemmed in, Rachel goes a little wild on her rumspringa. Her experimentation culminates in an Eyes Wide Shut-style S&M party. When the party goes awry, Rachel winds up back at the Reynolds house donning all leather just in time to meet Ben’s parents, Mr. & Mrs. Reynolds.

Sup Forums was right again.

So, $10,000 isn't very much when it comes to tv production.
If this gets funded, it will come out looking extremely cheap and amateur-ish since, if they had any actual talent, they could've just made a no-budget short and submitted it to tv studios or youtube and got funding from kickstarter afterwards

So if this does somehow reach its goal, it will be so shit that nothing will ever come of it. No tv station will touch it. If it's released online, people will watch it only to laugh at them

I wouldn't worry

>Only just now grasping that everything is ultimately futile and pointless

I've known for a while
It just seems to be taking a while for it set in
For some reason, I keep thinking that if I post/argue (irl and online) enough then I can mold existence into not being shit

>Pledge $500 or more
>Voicemail to an ex

>Danielle will leave a voicemail on the machine of any (1) ex boyfriend or girlfriend of yours explaining that you are a CATCH! And you deserve to be WORSHIPPED!

>Pledge $2,000 or more
>No bras + Exec Prod cred + 2 above!

>Danielle gives you permission never to wear a bra again (Jane Fonda pulled this off in the 70s, NOW IS YOUR TIME!!).

Colleges made us go backwards, not fowards...

>in season one, Nate and Ben will try to get ahead in their regressive milieu while also acting in accordance with their versions of what it means to be evolved. Using both slapstick and satire, Evolved will poke fun at every single character who variously reinforces and/ or tries to deconstruct the restrictive organizing principles of social life. In short, we’re all implicated. Hold onto your butts.

You mean I only have to pay them 2 grand to be allowed to never wear a bra again? For my entire life?! For ever and ever?!?!?!
I gotta get on this fast

How do I give them my money?

There needs to be a bottomless pit that these kinds of people can be thrown into

This is why this show can be an interesting thing.
They have all these rules about how men have to be to the while they go out and get fucked by the men who they actually fund attractive.
By the pilot we see that one male character refuses a promotion too.
So if this is actually a thing that gets made then eventually we should reach a point where they show there is some sorth of reward for doing all these things for women or the characters realize it was all pointless and they kept just giving and giving never getting anything out of it.
And by the rules that would make the women around them villains.
Now I don't give them enough credit to assume they thought any of this and that's why this could give us an insight on how men actually work in a feminist world and that can't be anything but a victim

>One male adult's problems revolve around adapting to a new lifestyle and his work
>One male adult's problems revolve around taking care of a child in a world where that's viewed as a woman's thing
>The female adult's problems revolve around being a massive whore
>This is a satire of masculinity

You can't make this shit up.

>kind, empathetic nature
Wait. So because he's a white middle-class male... this is seen as something that's BAD?

>Nate (Michael Cruz Kayne) wants to be an evolved man and father but he lives in a culture that rewards a narrowly defined version of manhood. Nate’s neurotic insistence on being progressive is often his undoing at work and in love. Despite good intentions, Nate is a nice guy that ends up finishing last and looking like an asshole.

>At the end of watching Return of the Jedi with Aiden, Nate worries that princess Leia was objectified — did he just teach his toddler the male gaze? Shit.

>equally-qualified
There is no such thing. The answer is almost always easy to tell immediately, and always easy to tell if they're already employees.

I interview, hire, and promote a decent amount of people, trust me.

Well no shit. Dumbfucks can't understand satire.

> Ben (Ken Beck) wants desperately to be viewed as an ubermensch, but his emotional, affectionate, and empathetic nature gets in his way. Ben is the kind of person who enters a room full of strangers and leaves with detailed backstories, a handful of inside jokes, and a standing brunch invitation. Ben longs to please others.

>Driving around in his Fiat convertible, Ben blasts Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’, but when he stops at a red light he quickly changes it to Bruce Springsteen, Live in New York. Gotta love The Boss.

They will probably film with their friends in their houses, sometimes office they get permission to use on the weekends and the social Starbuck
What's the money for?
Software that's free?
Equipment they probably already own?

I literally showed my nephew that film the other day kek
My sister's slowly becoming a rad-fem too which makes it even funnier

>Having some complete nobody drunk-call your ex but whilst sober

Are we sure this isn't some elaborate art project hidden behind fifty or so layers of irony?

Sup Forums is always right. It's both a blessing and a curse.

> Rachel (Mary Kate Morrissey) enjoys the luxuries of being a 30-something in a DINK (dual income no kids) relationship with Ben. But her free, independent lifestyle is disrupted when her boyfriend Ben becomes one of baby Aiden’s primary caregivers. Suddenly the question of marriage and kids is forced upon Rachel. And she responds by throwing a grenade into the all-too-well-paved road ahead of her by asking Ben for an open relationship.

>Rachel would camp out at Burning Man just to have the experience. But secretly she would think the music was garbage and the sculptures were crap.

wat

>Phoebe (Chanel Carroll) s a certified badass. Not wanting to sit back and wait for the right person to come along, Phoebe adopted a baby (Shonda Rhimes-style) and is raising her daughter by her own. damn. self. She slays at home and at work where, if it weren’t for a stacked deck in her office culture, she’d be rungs ahead of Nate and the rest of her beer guzzling coworkers on the corporate ladder.

>Phoebe doesn’t like to talk about it, but yeah, she knows Michelle Obama.

>Phoebe adopted a baby (Shonda Rhimes-style) and is raising her daughter by her own. damn. self.
Gonna be really funny to see what a generation raised by people like this turns into

How are we even going to have another World War? These people could not come close to handling it.

>middle class privilege
Remember when they came for the 1% and you said nothing?

>a black kid without a father

Sounds familiar

How come every black lady have to be a badass? That's a toxic stereotype.

Everybody who has ever called themselves "badass" have always been the most prissy, whiny, and easily upset people.

How many women are this deludef?

If they own the equipment, they can charge the production company I assume they set up (or else their finances will land one of them in jail) for rent of said equipment.
They'll need some sort of salary since they need to eat and rent
I doubt the actors will do it for free (though then again...)
Crew definitely won't do it for free if they have a budget of ten grand plus that's that publicly available. The crew will be more expensive then you'd think
Also you've got stupid costs like travel fees, costumes, makeup, props etc

The money will get spent. They might even delude themselves into thinking they can pocket the excess, but if they have a sizeable number of people working for them (which they would need for a pilot), it will become nearly impossible to justify why they don't have the money to pay for catering

You guys were barely fucking there for the first two.

>Phoebe doesn’t like to talk about it, but yeah, she knows Michelle Obama.
>the black women knows michelle obama
Christ, is she gonna spend all day quoting Opra and secretly be pen-pals with Beyonce too?
Ironically, this is know actually offending me

to pay for gender studies obviously

You are right about the crew thing
But I don't think they are unemployed and relying on this money to live

Imagine a kid arguing with his mother and its the mother the one throwing a tantrum
Kids can't raise kids

>Viridiana Lieberman (Director, Producer) is a filmmaker, writer, editor and activist who completed her BFA in film at Miami International University of Art and Design and her MA in Women's Studies at Florida Atlantic University. She's created shorts, features, podcasts, fantastic whiskey drinks and a book. Check out her dope-ass documentary Fattitude (coming soon!).

>Viridiana Lieberman
>MA in Women's Studies
>dope-ass documentary Fattitude

>Lieberman
>Women's Studies
>Fattitude

Wait, I don't quite understand, this description implies that Aiden isn't their baby, or at least not her baby? How does a baby suddenly come under care of the boyfriend?

Aiden is the baby of the brother who got divorced and came to live with them. Whilst he's out working his brother (her boyfriend) takes care of the kid.

Frankly I'm triggered at the amount of heteronormative couplings in this show.

>How does a baby suddenly come under care of the boyfriend?

Feminism.

What?

I wasn't there for either of the first two, but I'm quite sure that the people who were accustomed to a bunch of loved ones dying of cholera while working 14 hour days in factories were a bit more equipped to get through a World War than fucking Phoebe.

average white dude who went to State university and has a mildly successful 60k/yr job that he worked hard for mistakenly falls for a well passing tranny at a bar during happy hour with his white white collar co-workers.

Tranny accuses him of rape while he hits on him. The tranny posts about this on Tumblr and he becomes the highest talked about person on Tumblr.

All sorts of whacky shenanigans happen as white dude gets fired from his job and becomes publicly humiliated throughout the movie.

Don't you guys get tired of posting these "get outraged at liberal media" threads?

I get that it's batshit insane, but isn't there a point where it stops being funny and just gets tiresome?

So out of all this, we're suppose to sympathize with Rachel and how she wants to fuck random strangers?

>my boyfriend's brother is divorced and has to look after his son while he has to work a full time job to support the baby, but poor me having to listen to bands I don't like just to get a chance to fuck random men ;(

Phoebe is an American phenomenon and America barely partook in the first two world wars. The country was not invaded or mass-bombed, its populace had nothing happening to it to survive beyond losing some jarheads, which happens every other week without a world war occurring anyway.