I just got this as my first electric guitar

I just got this as my first electric guitar.

Now how the fuck do I play this thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jJxRjWtwmEE
youtube.com/watch?v=pSSeaE_B75U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rocksmith 2014

I hate u.

You have a tuner and know how to use the tuner, right?

Does rocksmit 2014 allow for lefty flip as I am a lefty and want to learn how to play again.

Buy a book. Go on youtube. Figure it out for yourself.

With your dick widdly diddly dee

Watch nirvana videos until you get power chords down.

this

The guy who sold it to me included an electric tuner / metronome and it's already tuned. I don't know how to tune it myself though.

If you're serious...go to /mu and check out the guitar/bass thread, lots of great resources there.

i third this, it's surprisingly good too. i personally use it and with enough dedication you'll be shreading in 6 months
the only game i can really say "it's like guitar hero, but with actual guitar.
though i recommend steam version because songs are a bit pricey, and because steam sales make it so much affordable

Learn to tune it. There are a plethora of resources for this online. Just google the model and tutorial or usage. For the standard tuning, it is EADGBE and it goes from the thickest string to the thinnest.

Learn a few chords. Start with G, C, and D, and just pick up another. Just search for basic guitar chords.

Good luck.

for your first song i recommend either smells like teen spirit, or far beyond the sun

get a tuner. higher pitch means your tightening it. loosing means lower.

try to make it sound as close as possible to this
youtube.com/watch?v=jJxRjWtwmEE

This. Learn to tune the damn thing first. There's an app you can get on your smart phone called guitartuna, get it.

Very carefully of course

Dedication.

First, think of some songs you're interested in learning. Easy songs at first.

Then either look at tutorials to learn how play them or try figuring out where each note on the fretboard is. The latter is how I learned.

oh yeah and old green same. some good easy songs there
like 'when i come around'

old green same. what a dickhead. i mean 'green day'.
sorry dudes. fingers are fucked from practising according to adam02 youtube.com/watch?v=pSSeaE_B75U

Lel mine was the opening riff to the man who sold the world nirvana edition

Get a book on music theory. Seriously, do not try to learn by just learning popular songs and looking at tabs; you'll just be sabotaging yourself. Get a good solid understanding of how music and specifically guitar music works, and you'll become a much better player in a shorter amount of time.

1. Learn to tune the guitar.
Tune the thick string to "E" with your tuner. Then press the E string down just above the 5th fret down, and pluck that, and the string above it. They should make the same sound. If not, adjust the next one up. Continue like this through the next four strings... or alternately just use the electric tuner. The notes should be EBGDAE (Every Bum Gets Drunk At Ernie's).

2. Learn the basic cords. You can do this on any decent guitar site. Don't bother with the bar chords until MUCH later. Fuck around with chord changing exercises and basic songs (again, these should be easy to find).

2a. Find tabs for a few basic songs you'd like to play. Tabs are easier to read than sheet music - it's just the chord you pluck, and the fret you hold down on when you pluck. Think Guitar Hero notation and you've basically got it. Practice until you've got four or five songs you can whip out easily.

3. Learn the pentatonic chords. Once you know these, you'll be able to figure out pretty much any guitar solo you've ever heard.

4. NOW your fingers should be calloused enough to try bar chords.