The Old Noise

Is there an album or artist you want to see reviewed?

oldnoise.wordpress.com

I finished out XTC's discography a few days ago, and have started on Bjork by request. In the last thread someone pointed out that the mobile site sucked, so I changed the layout. You can now access the sidebar easily from mobile -or- desktop, you just have to click the button with the three horizontal lines.

All previous requests are still in the pipeline, but some still need time to be absorbed. Some earlier requests I've finished are an album each by Mano Negra and Fishmans, so if either of you guys from that thread are here by some chance, they're up there now.

Other urls found in this thread:

oldnoise.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/fishmans-long-season-フィッシュマンズ/
oldnoise.wordpress.com/xtc
oldnoise.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/captain-beefheart-his-magic-band-trout-mask-replica/
oldnoise.wordpress.com/cure/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's the direct link to my Long Season review, for the lazy :)

oldnoise.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/fishmans-long-season-フィッシュマンズ/

And here's a link to the XTC page where you can access the individual articles:

oldnoise.wordpress.com/xtc

Fuck off and kill yourself, music critics are a cancer on the arts

I remember you posting your site the other day, it's not bad.

Yeah, I try to take a wholesome approach to it by not plastering my name and face all over it and making it about my personality. I think that's a big problem with Youtube reviewers these days, which are slowly becoming the way to absorb criticism in any field.

I also try to appease requests when I can, because my theory is that I'm doing a better service to readers by filling gaps where certain artists/albums "escaped" reviews in their time. So it's not just diarrhea where I'm reviewing classics for the 5000th time in history (though I don't exclude them either).

thanks my man/woman

>english settlement
>not their best album
how could you haha

This is a classic older album I haven't seen too many people write about

It would be cool to hear a review for Sun Kil Moon, most notably Common As Light

>giving a Panic! At the Disco album an A+

I definitely have an "American" XTC opinion on things. Some of the XTC Twitters retweeted all my reviews and people went gaga over all the ones I didn't. But I'm glad people like them, I still consider them excellent.

Ah, thank you for reminding me, I had that buried in my backlog. Never remembered to give it a shot.

noted

That's what I said. When their first album came out, I swore that band would never be anything. But Pretty Odd is incredible.

Before a give you a click, please tell me what makes you reviews special. In a world that already has lots of review sites, why should I devote time to yours? Why should I read your thoughts on albums I've already listened to dozens of times before?

You give Sup Forums how many clicks a day?

Don't answer a question with another question, friendo.

Mainly because of what I said in I think I'm a cut above your average blogger because I have experience reviewing music professionally, and I've also done editing/transcribing, so I have pedigree.

Of course, these things don't matter much if you're not into my opinions. I listen to music as pure passion, not because I'm beholden to anyone, and I've heard a lot of it, though I'm not sure I exceed that of the average user here. So ultimately, if you read a few of my reviews and aren't into the style or my taste, it's probably not worth your free time, no. I just know there's people out there that could probably get into mine the way I've gotten into others'.

Also, as I'm perceiving it, people these days like not to click on links because they are afraid of giving in to advertising and whatnot? My website isn't monetized (at the moment, I'm not against the idea) so you don't have to worry about that, although I'm sure Wordpress has their own ads in there. I don't know, I can't see them, I assume you can just block them out.

Some takes on Sup Forums favorites, as well:

oldnoise.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/captain-beefheart-his-magic-band-trout-mask-replica/

Every Cure album reviewed:

oldnoise.wordpress.com/cure/

You should buy an ad.

Ok OP, here, you win some respect in the end

probably, yeah, I had it in my head that advertising was like "giving in" but I guess what I'm doing right now is no different

It heartens me to hear you say that, my dude.

>he catered to phone posters
Do you actually want to be successful or something? Eeeewwww.
I kid, Talk Talk Discography would be good also pic related. The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads couod be interesting since you could compare tue original 2001 release and the new remixed version.

That's alright man. You'll get more respect I think if you just buy the ad.

Review some Velvet Underground.

Review Frances the Mute
>2/10

I'll round out Talk Talk with my three missing ones. And it's a shame because my old theme was pretty optimal.

Thanks for the advice, and noted.

I have to warn you, I'm not super high on Mars Volta either...

review Unwound
also buy an ad you fucking faggot

Your present landing-page has Bjork, top, front and center. That's gonna alienate a lot of new readers who hate the bitch.

Are their people that actively hate Bjork? I've only seen "literally who/she's overrated but I get the appeal" to "musical godess" type responses

working on it, weighing options

I don't think this is true, but in any case it's just displaying the most recent post.

>I have to warn you, I'm not super high on Mars Volta either...
>inb4 pretentious lyrics

Actually there aren't. There are literally no people that give a shit about Bjork one way r the other.

At least not the music, sadly.