Been in a fight about 8 weeks ago

>been in a fight about 8 weeks ago
>first finght in a decade, probably since school
>not an agressive person usually
>guy was holding a grudge against me and was out to fight me over nothing
>about a head taller than me and probably 80- 100 pounds heavier
>Dude started getting into my space and I told him to stop and keep his hands to himself
>which he would not
>kept pushing my buttons till we got into a brawl
>Naturally he got the upper hand I resorted to gauging his eyes to get him off me
>He had to get one checked out because I apparently damaged his cornea
>I had a couple of bruises and some strained muscles
>Ever since I feel really nervous around taller men and catch myself building strategies how to deal maximum damage in case I had to fight him
>full of agression and started yelling at friends for no reason and I am really unconfortable around people in general

Is this PTSD or something in the area? Should I get therapy

tl;dr
OP got in fight and thinks he suffers from trauma.

quit being a pussy. it's not PTSD you faggot.
you're still on edge because you got your ass kicked. it'll pass, you can't win every fight.

If it's been 8 weeks, I would say you should have been able to shake it by now, however, I've never been in a fight. Not once not never.

Have you talked to anyone about it? Maybe you should take a self defence/mma course. Do some punching and get punched until your current problem is meaningless.

Did not really talk about it, actually been avoiding people.
I thought about learning self defense, but as a poorfag I don't really have the money for that. Also I am disabled and from the info I gathered trainers try to not take disabled people in because they fear they might do something wrong.

Dude what the fuck is your problem. The fucker lost an eye. You did good.

he did not lose it. his cornea is just fucked.
And I am not really proud about it, was just a last resort.

Stop being a pussy?

what's your disability? was this another disabled person fighting you?

In a dream I thought was real at the time I gouged out a clowns eyes killing it because it was choking me. So I kinda' get it. I also got in fights in middle school maybe about a dozen total that I started to make bullies knock it off, no chocking or eye gouging just fists,it worked by the way. I guess the fights could be traumatizing, but the emotional trauma from the bullying was far worse and I was fed up. Haven't been in a fight since and I'm 25. If nothing else getting a punching bag might help, it can help relieve stress and make you more comfortable and confident swinging a punch helping relieve your nervousness around taller guys.

fucking own what you did man, you did well. a dickhead tried to fight you and against the odds you fucked him up this is a good thing just don't worry about it so much

My back and my knees are fucked.
I don't think he was.
was bullied in school, I tohught got over it but I think this event might have opnened some old wounds.
About that puncihng bag, maybe I could get a used one. Again, poorfag.

cool

Bas Rutten would be proud. You did what you had to do against someone larger, and it seems you won.

As for how you are feeling, you just have to deal with the thoughts and emotions in a productive way.

>full of agression and started yelling at friends for no reason and I am really unconfortable around people in general

That's on you man, own up to your actions. The scuffle could have been a catalyst for how you're feeling, but you are the one in control of your actions. Stop being a dick to your friends, and stop trying to pin it on something external.

You are accountable for your actions.

But you should be. You don't have any notworthy experience fighting, the guy was taller and heavier than you but however that shit went down, at least you didn't run or just let him beat you. That fucker will think twice before fucking with you again. Just chill out man, you put up a fight and I don't see why this event should traumatize you.

testing

Cool trips

LOOOOOOOL

naa dude this is really normal. youll be fine with time you just have to cry about it a lot it really will help and just relax

There's probably nothing rational about it.
I think I should tgry to rationalize it.
It's just that I am constantly in this fight or flight mode since then and I don't know how to get out of it.
Another thing is that I might have to face the guy again if he decides to take legal actions for his eye.

When some animals get into a situation of extreme stress they will, once safe, lie down and shake uncontrollably. This is what you need to do. There is a series of exercises called Trauma Release Exercises which, as the name states, release the trauma which has been "locked" in your body, mainly in the chest/abdominal area.
Friend of mine had a similar issue after his life was threatened at knifepoint, TRE worked wonders for him.

Change your name to viper and start shit around town gouging out peoples eyes, trust me it will help. Medfag here

I got past my bullying after the fights ended and they stopped bullying. It took some time, but letting myself cry did help a lot. It really does release that inner pressure I'm sure you have that exacerbated your aggression towards friends and being uncomfortable around people. Before I let the bullying go I had hella anger issues. Very defensive, it was bad. Since then though I'd say I'm one of the most calm people I know and certainly have held my tongue in situations I wouldn't expect anyone I know to be able to. I can do this because I allow myself to vent to friends and if need be to cry by myself and let out the built up emotions.

You Marky Mark?

>I resorted to guaging his eyes out

Lost.

To add to that, you could have a cool catchphrase before you attack like, SNAKE EYES!

He has no case,he hit you first, he's bigger than you, you defended yourself.

>i resorted to guaging his eyes out

wtffff lmfao

well not out, just pushed my fingers really deep into there.

Post traumatic stress disorder occurs quite some time after the traumatic incident, and only really occurs when the individual strongly felt as though their life was seriously threatened. So from what i've read on the thread I would conjecture that it's probably not PTSD that you're suffering from.

However that is not to say that you're not still shaken up over a traumatic incident. Not sure which country you're from, but i'd suggest visiting your GP and discussing whats happened and the feelings you've been having. They can then refer you to a professional (psychologist/counselor) who can help you to deal with your emotions in a positive way by using any number of therapeutic techniques that they believe will be beneficial to you personally. Some countries (like australia) offer visits to therapists cheaper if you get a referral first.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm not a qualified professional but i'm a third year psychology student and it's more personal advice than anything.

TLDR; probably not PTSD, still see a professional if you're struggling

Thanks, I'll try that