The ‘Human Computer’ Behind the Moon Landing Was a Black Woman

>She calculated the trajectory of man’s first trip to the moon, and was such an accurate mathematician that John Glenn asked her to double-check NASA’s computers. To top it off, she did it all as a black woman in the 1950s and ’60s, when women at NASA were not even invited to meetings.

>And you’ve probably never heard of her.

>Meet Katherine Johnson, the African-American woman who earned the nickname “the human computer” at NASA during its space race golden age.

>An upcoming movie called Hidden Figures will celebrate her life and those of her black female colleagues, all of whom did important work against unbelievable odds but whose stories have gone largely unknown. The movie, set to come out in January 2017, will feature Taraji P. Henson as Johnson and music by Pharrell Williams.

>In interviews, Johnson, now 97, remembers how her brilliant calculations—which she did largely by hand—forced NASA to accept her.

>“I just happened to be working with guys,” she said, “and when they had briefings I asked permission to go. They said, ‘The girls don’t usually go.’ I said, ‘Is there a law?’ And they said, ‘No.’ So then my boss said, ‘Let her go.’”

>So she went. And, with her help, NASA went to the moon.

thedailybeast.com/videos/2016/04/07/the-human-computer-behind-the-moon-landing-was-a-black-woman.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

FUCKING BTFO

how many shit postings threads do you need at once? all this proves is niggers are smarter than turks, no one is surprised by this.

WE WUZ MACHINES AND SHEIT

>non-arguments

didn't realize we were having a discussion

>a movie is being made about a person who was employed as a literal calculator

This only suggests that I should be able to buy a nigger for about $20

>outliers disprove trends

>be nigger
>take credit for someone else's hard work because they have the same colored skin as you

Quit nigging

Sup Forums doesn't want to admit, but the first apes in space were black

is she a black woman now?

WAIT WAIT HOL UP

IF ALL PEOPLE IZ FROM AFRICA

THEN EVERYTHING AROUND US WAS MADE BY WE WUZ

sheeeeeeeit now I know that shit is fake

Yes we know animals got to be in space too.

>What is an outlier Sup Forums ?

Underrated post

Doing mundane calculations is not the same thing as doing actual analysis. She was essentially a mathematical spell-checker. Today, she would essentially be a high school intern making 10-15 bucks an hour.

>nigger did something we had the tech to fact check and confirm
>nigger was janitor at nasa
>we woulda neva made it to the moon without clean floors misa

I'll take two

Check my Chicken n sheeit

women were used all the time as codemonkeys from the 50s-60s like at IBM

computer programing only became "male" around the 80s when computer companies started being run out of your basement by nerds. It was no longer "cool" and it became for geeky losers so women flocked away from it.

Then once being a nerd became "cool" again (after the Big Bang Theory) women started coming back and calling nerds "sexist" for not having enough female representation.

WE WAS NASA!

>NASA went to the moon

They sure did.

Fucking aussies. If only banter were an Olympic sport.

Bullshit.
If she hadn't done it, some one else would have.

The nigger in your photograph isn't as dark as this nigger. Maybe that's Because the "math genius" in OPs photo is at least 50% white.

Margaret Hamilton was lead software engineer for Apollo space program. Her work prevented an abort of the Apollo 11 moon landing and she’s also credited for coining the term "software engineer".

Those stacks are the code she wrote for Apollo 11.

THIS NIGGER

Correction, she had black in her. That woman is at least half caucasoid

Pepe, you must really like those movies on YouTube.

The true NASA heroine right here.
Of course, since she's white she doesn't have enough identity points.

Cool she did something a white man invented.

Best post

You do realize russia watched us go up the whole way as well as china right? If we faked the trip they would have been the first to scream that we didn't with empirical proof.

Jesus mohammed go back to your street rapings of your cuckland.

This retarded article is propaganda depending on conflation between the modern meaning of "computer" and the meaning of "computer" in the 1950s. Back then "computer" meant "person hired to do menial data entry tasks." She did the trivial arithmetic everyone else knew how to do but didn't do themselves because it was beneath them.

She was one of the code pioneers.

Texas Instruments are more expensive

She did "CODING" well a concept already fully realized and in existence by a white man.

>I'm so bllaaaaack
>I'm Michael Jackson black

Actually hundreds of people rechecked calculations used by NASA for the Apollo project. Johnson is the most famous since she was a black woman which was very unusual to have in those types of positions at that time. Most of them were goofy old guys with slide rulers.

And what does her race have to do with her achievement?

Are you saying it's surprising that she achieved this given that she's a black woman?

That's pretty fucking racist you Kurdish Kunt.

THIS

she did something that had to be checked again by another white man in the end to be correct.

That does not rule out a robot

Black people face disenfranchisement though

>every race has good people at math
>whites are and were the only race with a space program at the time
>the black lady could of not existed and we would of made it to the moon
>whites could of not existed and no one would be sure we would make it to the moon.

any questions?

Do they teach shitposting in school over there?
How the fuck are you all so good at it?

>implying

>She did all these things that furthered humanity
>You just don't know about her becuase of the wyatt man
>p-pls believe us

so do whites with affirmative actions today.

whats your point?

That's right, Soviet Union never denied Moon landing and they would do anything to prove it was fake. And the Apollo 11, 14 and 15 left three prismatic reflectors on Moon surface, for nearly 40 years they are used for precise measurement of the distance of the Earth-Moon system with lasers. Measurements accuracy reaches -2 milimeters.

AUSSIE BANTZ BEST BANTZ

Wow she so black

inb4 paid them off

or maybe the entire cold war is a farce used to expand the military industrial complex and Russia and the US benefited from mutually.

You know the common held belief by most that know shit.

Yes. Why do you use "of" as "have"?

how could OF you better explained your question?

kek

If you're born with $100 more, and someone gives them $10 of yours, you're still privileged

Ronald Regans hardcore weapons program (Space Wars and such) was created to slaughter russian budget. And it was sucessful.

China and Russia fake their space programs with Actornauts also.

The only man made object in space is my sides!

What a qt

>how could have you
That's even worse. Go to sleep. Pedro.

Except you would have to prove that person ever person you are not giving that 10 too was born with 100$s more with quantifiable numbers and evidence.

>lead software engineer
>writes code
pick one

to be portrayed by this woman. Money says that give her an afro for the film

'"ALLEGED'" Moon Landing

Oh you, IT spergs.

Why would that not just be another lie? especially considering it was about time for us to sight in a desert war for the Jews and no longer needed the soviets as they were phased out so we could both be seen as some kind of (fucked up) humanitarian entity in those countirs

Its a common American bastardization you will have to get used to using a American made an popularized website

We didn't have cheap code monkeys in the 60s.

This.

Space wars was a pile of shit invented to scare the Russians into "competing", even amateur historians know this.

lol faggot WASPs couldnt even land on the moon without black people

white people should pay a tax to make up for all that asshole shit they did to people of color

that every person*

I think foreigners should pay a tax to post outside of Sup Forums

>a American made an popularized website
Stop writing right now, you piece of shit.
Also, 75% of English speakers are non-native. You think we're sucking up to you, but we stole your language for our own goals. Which is good, as we're taking care of it far better than you are.

>properly raised and educated black people can contribute to society as much as any other race

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

I mean, it's like people havent been saying that gangsta/nigger culture is the problem, not black people themselves

That is a lot of irrelevant trigger over being reminded where you are lol

the same way a white man has no analog to a foreigner leaving his own peoples societies for another to seek a better life there is none for you right now using a American made and popularized website to post and try to emulate meme culture another American export lol your simply not on our level m8

It's hard to discuss with you, I just don't know why people won't accept hard facts and proofs and choose absurd conspiracy theories instead.

is she like, 50% white?

kek

No m8 its simply your repeating yourself without ever taking in a very real possibility that the military industrial complex like many other times in history use false rivalries to garnish support for said complex especially one with unprecedented technological advancement and fun ind on both sides in the most unorthodox "War" the 21st century ever seen

At least programmers were cheaper than the machines they wrote code on.

Even if this woman single-handedly built the first space shuttle in her back garden and then piloted it to the Moon by herself then what would it mean?

She faced far more prejudice in the 50s and 60s than black people do today and she still managed to do something with her life, so all it does is highlight the fact that blacks today have no fucking excuse to be the way that they are.

Is this confirmation that the moon landing was fake?

WE WUZ ON DA MUN

As clear as the stars on a starry night.

Are you the fucking t*rk that normally posts dead American soldiers?

that bitch is white as fuck; no real nigga.

Man, must be a sad life trying to prove your own worth by doing this.

fpbp

>AH DOAN DO MAFFS

t. niggers

Good thing they came out with a $12 dollar bill.

Check the flag. He's a Turk.

AH DOAN DO MAFFS

t. niggers

forgot pic of this nubian queen

any mother fucker with eyes can see she aint black fool. not half. not quater. an eighth or less. she aint no real nigga.

>NASA
Dont care, NASA is approved science for the good goyim to look at while their masters fly overhead in devices that have anti gravity capabilities.

WE
U
Z

CHIMP LANDING + SHEETZ

>And you’ve probably never heard of her.
Just as I've never heard of the engineers who designed the shuttles and every one of its subsystems who ACTUALLY brought them on the moon and back while keeping them alive.
But I guess we don't care about whites LOL.

Are we going to pretend this hapa bitch is black? fuck outta here, roach

fuck this bitch aint even a mix. she 100 percent mayonaise.

What you mean is she did a bunch of mathematics that could quite literally have been totally false, but no one was able to check because no one really landed on the moon