Hey Sup Forums, im on day 2 of being clean from heroin with my wife. Any tips to help with wd's and cravings...

Hey Sup Forums, im on day 2 of being clean from heroin with my wife. Any tips to help with wd's and cravings? I really want to stop, but it just feels impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do more?

this op. If you keep doing it, the withdraws will go away

i don't care. it was your choice. deal with it

If you do it, your craving will go away.

Magnesium and zinc for anxiety if you can't get benzos. Ambien for sleep, stay away from alcohol. Get some kratom.

Not sure what to tell you, I withdrew from methadone for like 6 months, then had paws for like another 6 months. They always say it, but it's true, the hard part comes after when the boredom and depression hits. Then again, I might have blocked a lot of it out.

Go outside, sit in the sun, take a multivitamin. You haven't been taking care of yourself and now that you aren't on a painkiller you will feel the neglect, it will hurt. You probably have several deficiencies, vitamin d, start taking that. Drink a fuck load of unsweetened green tea, or at the very least water. Don't eat a lot of sugary bullshit, eat right, drink only water.

Take hot baths, scream into a pillow, do push ups till you pass out. Do what you gotta do, feel free to take other drugs, just not painkillers.

The thing is, after a while you actually forget what it feels like to an extent, it becomes like a dream (the high). Just stop thinking about it once your over it, by that I mean don't make it your only focus, focus on new things.

I don't wanna suggest this really, but it can completely get rid of w/d, but, for some people it can just make them feel worse. Just start small, DXM can help.

If you can get to a doctor ask for clonodine.

Loperamide helps tremendously.

Go read up on mindfulness based recovery; works a lot better than the twelve steppin' bullshit.

do something else anything else. Go hike a hill just to see whats up there. Get a hobby, make something even if its shitty. Clean. Take a shower. Call your mom and talk to her.

Get some help, there are people out there that want to help you get clean and arent looking to bust you. Find them. Look up your local dry out clinic.

Nobody asked you to care stupid faggot, he asked for tips.

You're on this board on a monday morning, your parents failed, but it was your choice to be an autistic faggot, deal with it.

I did what your doing. Exactly. You need a program. Methadone or suboxone. You will continue to relapse. If your not on the spike, maybe you have a chance. IV, forget it. You need help. You want to hit bottom stop digging. I loved her too. She never came back. Not ever.

Try to get ahold of kratom, helps with withdrawal I hear

Saving this for my big sister, thanks user.

Might be true. But dope withdrawal is like no other. Maybe meth, wouldn't know.

Deal with the wd's and next time don't do heroin

Heroin addicts deserve to die

god damn user, this is actually decent advice. I've been clean for about 2 weeks now, and reading this helped. thanks

You'd be killing half the world you moron. Sorry your Mom fucked you over.

get help, retard. from someone who is already clean, not your wife.

Only problem is for new people. I have ten years clean and this only works once your stable. Hate to say it.

OP here, thanks for the advice and kind words. The wife and I IV about 100 dollars every day, and quitting has been tough. I'm really debating suboxone, but I just keep telling myself that once the wd's are done and I can move again from this bed, ill be alright.

>Lots of distractions i.e. movies, shows for background noise
>non-judgy friends to keep company if available
>Get some xanax or kratom if you can
>fan and blankets for the sweating/ chills and a good spot to sleep a lot
>plan on a week or two of not leaving that spot

It's like someone asking what will help make cutting off a finger better. Some ice, some badages, maybe something to bite down on will help but its gonna be one fucked up experience either way. I did it, and I'm pretty lame so maybe you can too. Good luck pals

if you're asking for tips you're asking people to care about your problem

Maybe. But you sound like me. And I know what's racing around your subconscious. Regardless. Methadone works. Suboxone works.

Know the people that you need to cut out of your life while and after recovery. If you're around it, it's gonna happen. Simple as that.

Me and a group of friends helped a girl recently who had been trying to get clean. Drove her to the hospital when she was withdrawing on top of a couple other things. Smoked her out, fed her, gave her a place to stay a night or two until she could find something better. Hell, even found her a guy who really liked her and wanted to take care of her. The day she left, she stole my friend's card with their light bill money on it and sold it for dope.

Don't be the reason people don't help meth/crackheads. Break the cycle.

Not h, but I took about 120+ mg of hydrocodone daily. Kratom helped a ton, I took it for 2 weeks and had a barely noticeable detox from it. And just stay busy like someone else said. Workout, walk, yard work, dishes, anything to stay moving.

You should've never started using, you'll never get clean. I can't believe people actually think they can do something like heroin and then get off the shit, no you stupid fuck, you either do heroin or you never try it. You'll be an addict forever. Just keep doing heroin, life isn't worth living anyway. Even if you got clean, what would you do with your life that's so great? Nothing, that's what.

This person is not speaking from experience. The last thing anyone on day 2 of kicking smack should be trying to do is go hiking dumbass. Gonna be shitting constantly and feel like the worst flu ever. Dumbass

Obviously we do. New here?

Oh well then I care, fuck off.

it has the word hero in heroin for a reason people

Someone, a junkie, really fucked you over. Was it you?

Back to Sup Forums new fag. Or Reditt.

You two faggots need to get a room

>"nobody asked you to care"
>yes they did
>"well so what if i care fag"

i'm not saying we shouldnt care but you're a retard if you think the point of the thread is anything but a cry for help, literally a big sign saying "please care about me"

No retard, I've never done hard drugs.

Damn, a lot of people are mad in here lol

Should I just make an appointment for suboxone?

Exactly. It's fucking pathetic.

>Should I just make an appointment for suboxone?

why? do you know what suboxone is? do you know the effect it'll have on you? do you know when to prescribe it? no? neither do we. talk to a fucking doctor not the basement dwellers here.

try kratom.

Smoke weed.

Ok, cool, you jealous faggot? Were bonded by our shared suffering, fuck off.

What the fuck are you bitching about? You are acting like a neurotic woman. He's desperate and is in literal hell on earth, hes just trying to find relief. He doesn't need sympathy, he needs relief from the shitstorm his body is in right now, that's it, not that hard to understand user, it's really not.

If you can't separate memes from helping a Sup Forumsro in need, I don't know wtf to tell you faggot.

NO

That shit is worse than heroin, if you get on it, you will have to stay on it. It was worse than any w/d i had ever been through and lasted 10x longer. My hair was falling out, my teeth were becoming brittle (from the sub itself, not the w/d)

Suboxone is a synthetic painkiller, it's antagonist/agonist meaning it has a ceiling effect. The effect it will have is getting rid of w/d. You prescribe it when in acute w/d.

That being said you will be on it for life 99%, so think about that. Shit is expensive as fuck, and you might end up in a situation where you get cut off, then what?

If you do it, think long and hard about it, don't do it out of desperation as impossible as that sounds right now. Think this is bad? Wait till you feel subs w/d. Now if you are gonna die 100% from heroin, then yes, it's the lesser of two evils.

kratom and sheer willpower. You have to fail WD a few times to truly understand just how much fortitude it takes to quit. I've been mountaineering all my life, and the absolute worst suffering caught overnight in a storm at -35F felt like paradise compared to days 2/3 of heroin WD. I would never do it without proper chemical support. No pain killers, methadone or subs, just lots of benzos (xanax, klonopin, valium, ambien/lunesta, vitamin d/multivitamin, immodium (seriously helps, it's a weird opoid agonist), and of course kratom. I only quit because I saw what I was doing to the gf/family. If it was only me I was living for, I never would've done it and probably would've ODed years ago when a bunch of the local junkies died because some fucktard sold a fentanyl contamed batch. Good luck buddy, you're gonna need it.

Referencing my one reply bcause it got burried by faggots butthurt

Just got clean myself.

Some keys are:

Potassium (baked potatoes)
Iron supplements
Good multivitamin
Lots of Gatorade

Look up "Thomas recipe" online. Really helps with leg cramps.

Your almost through the storm. 1 more day then a lifetime of feeling better.

Good luck

>A Monday morning
>On a national holiday

>could literally be doing anything else
>still here
>on a national holiday
>is here every fucking monday

*takes deep breath*

NIGGERRRRRRRRR

>What the fuck are you bitching about?

i'm bitching about the idiot who said "nobody asked you to care." i'm not saying i don't care. or that we shouldn't help. just had to call out a retard, not trying to discount what OP is going through.

>He doesn't need sympathy

of course he does, because without sympathy he will never receive our help.

i digress. i don't mean to start a million arguments at once

OP honestly just go see a doctor and be fully honest with him. doctors are doctors because they want to help make people better. go to one and tell them the problem you have and try to get better. you obviously need help, so get some help from someone who's actually qualified to give it.

This is borderline autism. It's like somebody saying, hey look at that fat bitch, I bet she weighs a ton and you saying "well aschully a ton is 2000 pounds and there is no way she aschskutully weighs that much".

*cringes hard*

you're probably right. i'm acting like an autist. that's why i dropped that and got back to the topic at hand.

Kratom will help immensley

Fair, but all the advice that can be given has already been given, the only thing I didn't mention was ibogaine. But I doubt op has 5-10k to fly to peru. If there was anything else i'd know about it.

The only other thing I can suggest is going to erowid maybe and reading some recovery stories, but be careful, some of the stories might trigger you.

Physically meth isn't a bad withdrawal, mostly just exhaustion. Heroin is fucking awful but booze is worse, people die from alcohol withdrawal.

Watch this shit and learn something new.

youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg

poop

google kratom fag

>benzos
Some studies show that its more addictive than heroin.

LSD and shrooms have documented effects on anxiety.
It will also motivate and give you a new perspective on life/future, if taken in the correct setting.

It's all written in Nazi what does it mean?

Obviously. But since i've actually lived it I know what i'm talking about. Getting addicted to benzos is really hard. You would have to take very high doses for extended periods, months to years, to get to that point.

Hes not in a position right now to go hunt down shrooms and lsd, and that's the last thing youd want to take in w/d, that's just asking for a visit to the looney bin. You take that shit after you are through the w/d to reset your state of mind and work through the issues that made you start the addiction in the first place.

Hes on the verge of a full on panic attack right now, the best medication for that? Benzos. You do what you gotta do to not get back on heroin.

I guess if you take it in controlled doses. I have alot of friends that party with benzos like Clonazepam (Rivotril).
Some of them got hooked after the first two weeks.

Then again they took a whole lotta pills, making them feel like complete shit the day after, urging them to reset with another pill.

unfortunately benzos arent an option atm either, flat broke, and no connections lol i do have some kratom in my car 40 minutes away.

I've really only got Imodium and zzzquill to help at night. just what is snaggable from Wal-Mart

>no connections lol

You don't fucking deserve help

Heroin is poison. If you use it again it will kill you.

Repeat it until you believe it, because it's true. Eventually self-preservation will overpower the addiction.

>no connections
Dr's will prescribe you benzo's for withdrawal, dunno how much they cost in America if that's where you are though

Magnesium, zinc, but maybe not the zinc, that can make you really nauseous. Some dxm gel caps. Valarian root for sleep maybe, doubt they have it, worth a try.

Magnesium is actually really good for the anxiety, it has a noticeable effect. It's the natural xanax.

Another thing you can try, get some immodium (loperimide). Lope is actually a fentanyl analog that doesn't cross the blood brain barrier in large amounts, but, if you take a few doses of cimetidine brand name tagamat some gets in. You can drink some white grapefruit juice to help it even more. Take a whole box of the fuckers just don't do it a lot, you will get really constipated.

What about lyrica or neurontin? That can help A LOT with w/d. Any of that laying around? Not sure what started you on heroin, but usually people with pain will have had these prescribed at one point.

It happens, but the thing is when you're in w/d, you aren't gonna enjoy them, it's not as if you're having fun being fucked up on benzos or anything. It's just to get you through that night or whatever, and it only helps a bit. Difference between partying with them and using them as intended.

Yes and no, hes broke, a doctors visit at the urgent care would cost 75 dollars, around that. The script wouldn't be too much depending on what it is. I got some benzos in the ER once, I told them what was up and they helped me. But this was years ago, nowadays they will just give you some buspar or something and tell you to fuck off. So is it really worth the risk of him spending 75 bucks he doesn't have on a slim chance of them giving him 2 days worth of benzos? You have to realize america (assuming this is where hes from) has really really shitty healthcare. They give people tramadol now for major invasive surgeries, it's like reefer madness, but with everything.

Anyway, i'm out, good luck user, you can do it, just know that the worst is over, you don't wanna do this again do you?

Yeah I put the America thing in because I know meds and healthcare cost a fuckton there. If the script wouldn't be expensive though don't they have free clinics for poor people?

Nope. If you get sick here you just die, unless you're having a heart attack or stroke or something like that, you're fucked.

The best you can do is go to the emergency room and get stuck with a 5 thousand dollar bill just for them to tell you to fuck off.

THIS.

We do, all the time.

Get off mommy's computer, take your ritalin, and go play with your fidget spinner.

Oh, don't forget to put your helmet on too.

That's fucked up man