Gene Simmons Seeks to Register Trademark on Iconic Rock Hand Gesture

hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/gene-simmons-seeks-register-trademark-iconic-rock-hand-gesture-1013378
JUNE 14, 2017

Gene Simmons Seeks to Register Trademark on Iconic Rock Hand Gesture

"Index and pinky fingers up. Thumb perpendicular. Some say it's the devil's horns. The Kiss rocker says it's his."

Thumb up or thumb down?

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons is awaiting the signal from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office after he filed an application Friday for a trademark on a hand gesture. Rock fans are probably familiar with the sight. Here's the drawing that's included in the application:

tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=87482739&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

According to Simmons, this hand gesture was first used in commerce Nov. 14, 1974. That appears to correspond with Kiss' Hotter Than Hell tour.

Speaking of hell, the hand gesture appears quite similar to what's known as the "Sign of the horns," a devil signal that, according to an entertaining entry from Wikipedia, dates back to the 5th Century BC founder of Buddhism. It's also the American Sign Language gesture for "I love you."

Simmons is claiming the hand gesture mark for "entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical artist; personal appearances by a musical artist."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Simmons
youtube.com/watch?v=TCEqGjtswM8
youtube.com/watch?v=ggnwMsgEGeo
youtube.com/watch?v=kK6sItVnr7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In other news…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Simmons

Chaim Witz (Hebrew: חיים ויץ, [xaˈim ˈvit͡s], born August 25, 1949), known professionally as Gene Simmons, is an Israeli-American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, actor and television personality. Also known by his stage persona The Demon, he is the bass guitarist and co-lead singer of Kiss, the rock band he co-founded with rhythm guitarist Paul Stanley in the early 1970s.

Chaim Witz was born on August 25, 1949 at Rambam Hospital, in Haifa, Israel. At age 8, he immigrated to New York City with his mother. Simmons was raised in a Jewish household, where he practiced playing his guitar hours without end.

Simmons' father, Feri Witz, also Hungarian-born, remained in Israel, where he had one other son and three daughters, and worked as a carpenter. Simmons says the family was "dirt poor," scraping by on bread and milk

In March 2011, Simmons visited his home country, Israel. He described the trip as a "life changing experience". He talked about how he still feels that he is an Israeli: "I'm Israeli. I'm a stranger in America. I'm an outsider". Simmons has plans to take Kiss to Israel. He has always said that he is an ardent supporter of Israel. At a press conference in Israel, he spoke in both Hebrew and English.

Simmons told CNBC that Obama was gravely misguided. "If you have never been to the moon, you can't issue policy about the moon. For the president to be sitting in Washington D.C. and saying, 'Go back to your '67 borders in Israel' – how about you live there and try to defend an indefensible border – nine miles (14 km) wide?" Simmons also accused the United Nations of being "the most pathetic body on the face of the earth."

During his visit to Israel in 2011, he stated that the artists refusing to perform in Israel for political reasons are "stupid," referring to artists who cancelled planned concerts in Israel.

POL OUT

gene simmons is the most jewish person in the history of music

you couldn't be more jewish than Gene Simmons if you tried

he is a turbo kike

>Simmons is claiming the hand gesture mark for "entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical artist; personal appearances by a musical artist."

ironic, doing something like this is the opposite of rock and roll

fuck him and fuck kiss

he's doing it for publicity. no one outside of the hardcore kiss fanbase cared about their upcoming tour or album, but now that he's doing this shit, which he knows won't work, he's guaranteed to get high profile reviews of their next album by memefork and other places. he's a smart man
also,
this

/ourguy/

He's doing it for money. If you want to draw lml in cartoons or show it in film, you'd have to pay him

what an absolutely cunt cavalry

i hate everything about this man

He's a sociopath. That is the face of a snake who sees people as victims. An absolutely empty vessel of a human being.

Just watch this interview he did on Fox:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCEqGjtswM8

>You are a powerful and attractive young man

Those are words that only someone who's trying to manipulate someone else would say.

He's doing it for publicity and money.

yes, but he obviously knows it won't work. if not, his lawyers would have talked him out of it. it's for publicity. he'll announce new kiss album or world tour within six months.

>he's doing it for publicity. no one outside of the hardcore kiss fanbase cared about their upcoming tour or album, but now that he's doing this shit, which he knows won't work, he's guaranteed to get high profile reviews of their next album by memefork and other places. he's a Jew

fucking kike

you guys might like this video if you hate gene simmons

youtube.com/watch?v=ggnwMsgEGeo

He can have it as long as I can bang his hot daughter

She looks just like him though.

He should patent the hands rubbing instead

Well here's Anton LaVey back at 1967

youtube.com/watch?v=kK6sItVnr7E

The sign of the Horns..

jews never jew eachother

Why does gene insist it's thumbs out?
Fucking pleb

Her mother was a Playboy centerfold, clearly she got the wrong genetics.

Nick Simmons looks exactly like the old man too, his Jew genetics were too powerful. Mom never had a chance.

To me it will always be Dio's thing.

Dio did it first and he didn't try to trademark it or say that anyone can't use it. Classic gene.

Gene Simmons is a literal parasite

He was never about rock and roll. Gene is a business man.

I don't think one can trademark a religious symbol.
It's part of religious traditions of european pagans.

I think back in the early days he really believed in the music, but the Gene Simmons of today is so far removed from the Gene Simmons of 1974 that...yeah.

as a jew,
fuck this guy is the jewest jew that ever jewed
I swear we're not all like that
and those who are like that are at least more subtle about it

fuck I still had that stupid name on

Jew'steeed~

How is this is our guy?

Depopulation is basically the elite plan (not jew, they are hardcore atheists)