Why did anyone hang out with Patrick Bateman at all? He was a fucking weirdo

Why did anyone hang out with Patrick Bateman at all? He was a fucking weirdo.

Because everyone was shallow blah blah yuppie materialism of the 80's

In reality the thing that was more shallow than Bateman and his friends was the book's attempt at criticizing that corporate culture

Did you learn nothing? He hid it well and had a bitchin job.

not really, he had charisma

he only started going completely insane toward the end.

>that chapter in the book thats literally multiple pages of them discussing what restaurant to go to that night

because checkem

THIS IS NOW A DUBS THREAD

It's not hard to hide it when you're surrounded by vapid interchangeable people. No one knows who anyone else is, they're constantly getting people mixed up, everyone dresses and looks the same. Couple that with 80s security and technology and you've got someone who can get away with a lot.

FUUUUUUUCK

Do you honestly believe that American Psycho was an accurate depiction of interpersonal relationships in the Manhattan executive milieu?

I watched that movie only once
i thought it was okay

i'm gonna rewatch it soon, seems way more comfy than i remember

So did he hallucinate the end or did it really happen?

Literally none of it happened.

I didn't approach the story as being an accurate representation of 80s yuppie culture. It worked well as a hyperbole critique, or maybe not who knows I wasn't even born in the 80s. Those details added to the story regardless of how accurate to real life they may be. Most fiction details humans acting in unrealistic or exaggerated ways, otherwise they would be on the boring side

Checked

How is this movie comfy? Explain.

check'em

Pretty much all the male characters in the movie at some point say that they think Bateman's a dork or a weirdo, and they only hang out with him cause they work with him.

All of it happened, society was just too self absorbed to notice.

No, because Paul Allen was actually alive at the end. I think. So it was in his head. The lines between reality and his insanity are blurring.

He's just a happy camper. Rockin' and a rollin'.

What the fuck was up with Paul Allen's apartment being cleaned out then?

I find it comfy as well. I remember watching it in my youth during some sleepless nights (on cable) :)

Nice dubs bateman, but now lets see Paul Allen's.

nope

Property values would've dropped if people knew murders happened there. That's why the realtor lady just tried to get him to leave without issue

It was literally the next day. They cleaned out the whole place, covered up a horrible murder scene, and put the apartment up for sale in one night?

It wasn't literally the next day, he used Paul's place for the hookers for a while.

check my 9

>That's why the realtor lady just tried to get him to leave without issue
While looking at him with the full knowledge of what he does to hookers. Hallucination fags BTFO ETERNALLY

check em

Holy shit, you really pulled the curtain back.

What if he hallucinated the conversation with the realtor?

can't exactly get dubs with an axe in the face.

wow.............really........... makes........ you.......... think..............................................................................