How crazy is Trump's latest policy proposal?

How crazy is Trump's latest policy proposal?

vox.com/2016/5/6/11607464/trump-haircut-default-debt

talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/this-is-astounding

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/
thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/05/08/3776377/trump-default-you-never-know/
twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/729308803716419585
archive.is/svFQU
youtube.com/watch?v=f00njIl9iAM
youtube.com/watch?v=TcGldf0UFXU&spfreload=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am now 100% convinced that Trump is working for the Democrats.

Like the user predicted in a thread about an hour ago
It's hillary shill time again!

9:40PM here, I am off, see you tomorrow faggots

Trump has no chance of winning. Anyone but a buffoon redneck thinks he does.

Hillary is up in the polls which proves it

"At the starting gate: Clinton leads Trump by double-digits"

cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/

First being in favor of low-interest rates and now this
What the fuck, Donald. You had so much promise.

thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/05/08/3776377/trump-default-you-never-know/

Pressed to explain why he thinks a huge national lender like China would accept a loss on their investment in the United States on Sunday, Trump offered only a verbal shrug.

“You never know,” he told ABC’s George Stephanopoulous. “At some point, they might want to get out. Maybe they need their money, they might wanna get out.”

twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/729308803716419585

Can you think for yourself faggot?

I make fixed income analytical software for a living. My livelihood is literally based on me knowing intricate details of fixed income markets from the most general concepts to the most technical details of pertinent algorithms related to it.

And yes I recognize that my chosen academic field and my profession makes me somewhat biased. It doesn't make me wrong.

I revoke my support after seeing heinous policies while you are unflinching in your blind loyalty, and you tell me to think for myself?
How ironic. Go back to your echo chamber.

Are you going to vote for Hillary? She's widely considered to have been a very good secretary of state.

"All the lies and corruption" is a meaningless. Anybody who has held a public office for as long as she has is going to be involved with things that those who dislike her will interpret as "lies and corruption." It's part and parcel of being a politician.

It takes a level of maturity and insight to speak objectively about these matters, and you aren't making the grade.

There are plenty of things about Hillary Clinton that I don't care for and I didn't even support her way back 2000 when she ran for Senator of NY (I considered her an opportunistic carpet-bagger).

That said, the idea that she'd is a less qualified candidate or would be a less effective president than Donald Trump is a exercise in a pitiful level of ignorance. Hillary Clinton is a centrist, establishment-type candidate who will change nothing, but will also run the country reasonably well for however long she serves and who will not do anything reckless. She will also likely make excellent supreme court appointments.

No.

get the fuck out

A Hillary presidency would be anything but haphazard - it, in fact, would be ultra-competent. A person might not personally like what she stands for or what she wants to do, but the idea that someone who has spent the last 26 years either in the white house or in Congress would lead a "haphazard" administration is either a total fool with virtually no understanding of how government works, or is just trolling.

Hillary Clinton can rightly be criticized as likely not being a reformer and being beholden to a particular set of special interests, but the idea that her administration would lack competence and/or be filled with any but highly qualified individuals is utterly preposterous.

The gulf in competence, ability, presidential temperment and deal-making ability between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is an impossibly wide chasm.

$.02USD has been deposited into your account

Why aren't you guys shooting down my arguments? Oh you have none I guess.

Read this:
archive.is/svFQU

Seriously, read it.

Do you really believe this or are you just sucking up to your boss? Maybe you're a faggot wage slave office building piece of shit cuck

Is this video correct that if Trump vs. Clinton polls show a tight race leading up to November, this could have an effect on interest rates?

Racism pertains to hating someone for how they were born. Hating people for who they choose to be? There's a fundamental difference there, you pathetically ignorant fool.

I hope when the killing starts, your head is sliced off early and displayed on a pole for all to urinate on. You add nothing to this world, although your death could at least provide us with some momentary amusement.

The fuck?

Nice shill thread you faggot
>vox
>talkingpointsmemo
>geocities

>vox kike blog
no

it's called a controlled default and it's pretty nutty

>he uses Vox as a news source (totally not a kike either)

>George Stephanopoulous
He worked for Bill Clinton's 1992 election campaign.

Yeah, that sure escalated quickly from a discussion about debt and competence.

>Trump is a businessman, and in terms of thinking like a businessman his idea makes sense.

>This is how businesspeople think — especially those who work in capital-intensive industries like real estate. And for good reason. This is the right way to run a real estate company.

Do these libtards realize that they just complimented his business acumen after attacking his record for months and months?

>Do these libtards realize that they just complimented his business acumen after attacking his record for months and months?
*business record

I'm not clicking either of those shitty sites

is he planning to partially default on the national debt?

what's wrong with that?

Jesus Christ this fucking clown...

No chance, Hillary can't even hide an email server and im supposed to believe she surpasses Argentinian skills of wicked corruption

Fucking numale faggot in the video.
>hes dangerous hes going to start wars with everyone xDDD

>"I'm Jewish"
That's all I could make out of that post.

You can't make this shit up, goyim so shit in shilling.

Thats how it always works in business, creditors have to settle for only some of the debt owed, especially when you're dealing with jewish funny money.

We can default on the debt. It's fine. We have more nukes than China.

>(((Matthew Yglesias)))
>click on the source
>(((Binyamin Applebaum)))

haha oh wow

She hates white people you fucking moron.

yeah, fuck em, what they gonna do? attack your 8 carrier fleets?

This. What a faggot.

How does Trump wanting to protect his country from illegal drug smugling, women raping mexicans and mass murdering Islamic terrorists make him dangerous? It makes him the opposite of dangerous.

You're a fucking idiot

>Racism pertains to hating someone for how they were born. Hating people for who they choose to be? There's a fundamental difference there, you pathetically ignorant fool.

I kno, rite? I keep telling those faggot liberals I'm not racist because I only have a problem with niggers and they never listen.

I'm like Martin Luther King Jr up in this house, only judging a man by the content of his character and not the color of his skin. It just happens that character is 200% nigger.

That's why I #StandWithHillary.

You just outed yourself you fucking moron.
Learn to shill better.

NO ONE ANSWERED THIS YET

Is this video correct that if Trump vs. Clinton polls show a tight race leading up to November, this could have an effect on interest rates?

good effort, 4/10

Holy fucking samefag, reddit here we have IDs. It's like reddit usernames

What's the "policy" I'm not clicking those fucking links

If she'll be just like Obama, then I'll do backlips. He's been ta really good president, IMO, especially in his 2nd term.

A bunch of racists resent the fact that the president is an intelligent black man who cut from much greater cloth than they, and they hate him for it. Tough sh!t. He *is* better than they are.

SHILLS GET OUT

SHILLS GET OUT

SHILLS GET OUT

SHILLS GET OUT

SHILLS GET OUT

I must admit they´re starting to blend in a little better over time

The world would be absolutely ####ed.

"The Vox writeup seems fair, but it's not immediately clear to me that interest rates on other types of debt would go up. "

They would. A lot.

"Few, if any, floating-rate securities are directly priced off of Treasuries. And while people view Treasury yields as a proxy for the "risk-free rate", a sudden decision by the US government to not honor that debt would make it clear that it was not risk-free."

Some points related to this:

You are correct that securities tend not to be priced off of treasuries; they will tend to be priced off of (oversimplifying things a bit) LIBOR + a spread. However, there is a general shorthand that the UST curve represents the AAA rate corresponding to each tenor while the LIBOR curve, more or less, corresponds to something just below risk-free (in the area of AA). Also, you can generally discount to UST + a spread as well if you so desire. Generally, LIBOR is essentially "UST + a little bit more" (obviously the specific mechanism for getting LIBOR rates is more sophisticated than that).

"And while people view Treasury yields as a proxy for the "risk-free rate", a sudden decision by the US government to not honor that debt would make it clear that it was not risk-free."

It's not so much that Treasury yields need to be risk free as that *something* needs be risk free, and Treasury yields are the instrument that everybody settled on as representing the risk free rate because investors couldn't settle on a consensus of another kind of instrument serving as risk free. If UST rates cease to be risk free (due to some sort of credit event) then any pricing model that requires the existence of a risk free rate, somewhere, will stop working correctly.

The primary impact of this would not be on bonds, though there would certainly be some: the main impact would be on derivatives, not just on more complicated instruments but even on something as rudimentary as the interest rate swaps market. The notional amount of the swaps market is on the order of several trillion dollars (the nominal prices of the securities is much less due to the way swaps are constructed), and these agreements between various financial institutions rely on the assumption that the two sides can agree, at any given point, on the current price of the agreement.

If the US defaults on its debt, the short hand of what would ensue is that any party that is involved in a swap would lose its shit and not know what to do. There would be a chaotic series of sudden unwinding of positions, and chaos in one part of the financial sector tends to result in chaos in other parts of the financial sector.

The only reason to favor a default on the US debt is because you are rooting for the whole thing to burn to the ground. For me, a default on the US debt is probably the single thing that frightens me more than anything else that doesn't involve bodily harm to somebody in my family.

Woops

Meant for

>a quarter of the posts ITT are this kid
I'm out

Trump would have a point if we actually were paying interest on treasury bonds right now, but as it is it's only like 1% so there isn't really anything to gain by refinancing, unless he thinks we can sell bonds with negative interest rates like in Europe.

is the US not technically bankrupt? if not, at what point does it become so?

>widely considered to have been a very good secretary of state.

No, she's not. She's considered one of the worst.
Kill yourself Shill.

see:

You are the biggest jew cock sucking faggot.. why do you even care about this?

As always trump is right. Its just the sort of thing thats an elephant in the room. Everyone knows it but no one is willing to say it outright. Trump is. Being blunt about realiry is not dangerous like they say. No more pussyfooting

>muh end of the world

>hasn't had a haircut in 30 years
>will force haircuts on bond holders
sounds like something he would do

stfu pussy

Argh rabble rabble Bernie doesn't know economics!

First Off...

You have to take a stand user, what is a Crash?

- Currency Crash
- Stock Crash
- Bond Crash
- Pensions & Social Security Crash
- Wages & Compensation Crash
- Currency Crash, Devaluation of the Currency making Imports Expensive, making foreign travel expensive

or what?

- Liquidity Crisis in US Banks which can not be supported by foreign banks or by the Private Federal Reserve/Buying up Treasuries by US Govt/Fiscal or Monetary Spending by Govt or Federal Reserve

Or something very different?

- Foreigners selling US Treasuries, US Bonds, US Stocks, US Corporate Bonds, US Municipal Bonds, and US Dollar Reserves used for Trade??

** Come on man up!!.**

Just a follow up.

I started seeing Young Turks after 2008 and really liked what I saw. As an Activist I understand.

However, as a business person, Cenk Uigar and his first guest don't convince me in the first 1:50 minutes that they understand Banking, Debt Write Offs, Creating Money out of thin air, that most money is created by private banks not the private federal reserve or the federal govt... and that private banking plans on "Loses".

So to hammer Trump on 4 Companies out of the "Gaming of the System with many companies and probably shell companies"... is to make banks look stupid.

Banks, TBTF Banks, and International banks from 200 years past are smarter than you and me. Banks don't lose. Just like Lawyers never lose or work for free other than pro-bono requirements. Do doctors work for free or do they use cost sharing to pass on costs and allow them to invest in hospitals as owners??

Capitalism is alive and well... the banks don't lose when they deal with Donald Trump.

-

Love it or hate it. Capitalists are fucking us all with inflation, taxes, fees, govt fees, line item billing, and with usury.

Ultra-competent destruction, yeah

Here you go user.

youtube.com/watch?v=TcGldf0UFXU&spfreload=1

Bill Still has done a lot of work. We have to learn a little and decide if he is biased.

Yeah, she'll be competent and efficient at taking our guns and our free speech and bringing in millions more shitskins.

Her competence doesn't count for much when we hate pretty much everything she stands for.

Obviously financial markets are going to react to political events you fucking moron.

Bankruptcy would mean the government declaring it was unable to pay its debts.

Donald Trump simply explaining the way the federal government has been thinking and doing things the whole time.

Yer not supposed to tell them, Donald.

Great post my American brother. You've made me drop my support of Trump entirely. Rest assured that I will now be voting for Hillary in November and beyond!!!!!

Good point. This post has really put things in perspective for me... I've decided to vote for Hillary in the general. #imwithher

Bullshit. The guys on Cenk are not talking about the spending, budget increases, annual MIC Spending, or the way to expose and rein in Fraud, Waste and Abuse as it occurs at the Top, In Congress, and as a Lazy Congress that does what Rich People want through the Private Stockholder Owned US Federal Reserve.

Federal Budget 2014 = $3.5 Trillion (B. Obama)
Federal Budget 2012 = $3.54 Trillion (B. Obama)
Federal Budget 2010 = $3.45 Trillion (B. Obama)
Federal Budget 2008 = $2.98 Trillion (G.W. Bush)
Federal Budget 2006 = $2.65 Trillion (G.W. Bush)
Federal Budget 2004 = $2.29 Trillion (G.W. Bush)
Federal Budget 2002 = $2.01 Trillion (B. Clinton)
Federal Budget 2000 = $1.79 Trillion (B. Clinton)
Federal Budget 1998 = $1.65 Trillion (B. Clinton)
Federal Budget 1997 = $1.6 Trillion (B. Clinton)

$Trillion Debt Added
J. Carter, ,$0.37 T (4 yrs)
R. Reagan, $1.69 T
G. H Bush, $1.4 T (4 yrs)
W. Clinton, $1.627 T
G. W. Bush, $4.357 T
B. Obama, $6.365 T (4 yrs)
B. Obama, $8 T (6 yrs est.)

- Immigration Reform is a big Spending Bill
- Accepting Refugees from the Middle East is Treason since G.W. Bush declared a Crusade and a War Against those people, then ripped the shit out of Iraq causing millions of people misery, disease, rape, crime, murder, lost of family businesses and income, destroyed the Iraqi and other Cities in the Middle East Economy... While G.W.B. exponentially increased Federal Spending across the board... followed by even greater spending by Obama.

Check MTS, Monthly Treasury Statement, 30 Sept of any year... look at 4th column, Outlays (un-adjusted) for the year end spending total.

Interesting points that you bring us here. You've single-handedly changed my views. I've decided to end my support of Trump and cast my ballot for Hillary in October. #imreadyforher

At first I was mad, but I can't deny that you're right. You have single-handedly switched my vote from Trump to Hillary -- and yes I will be voting for her in October!!!!

It's awful shillary in here.

Wow. That link contains some really great information. Your post has totally reversed my views on Trump. I will tell you this: I've decided to switch and vote for Hillary in November, and I enourage all anons to do the same. #standwithher

Great analysis my brother. I can't argue against this - and in the end I've ditched Trump and will instead support Hillary - a true political outsider who will defeat Trump and the Wall Street elite.

Excellent post. You've really made me reconsider my views. I've switched up and I'm now voting for Hillary: a real insurgent candidate who will keep this country on the right track.

Hard to get away with the samefaggery when we have ID's.

I must say that this is an amazingly well thought out post. I encourage all anons to read this. I was a hardcore Trump supporter earlier this day but very open minded. After my views are challenged by this very post, I've switched my vote to Hillary -- and I will 100% support her in the general election and beyond!!!!!!

I'm a #hillfiremissle now

You bring up a great point. My back is to a wall here so I'll be the bigger man and stop supporting Trump. Because of you I will now vote for Hillary in the general election. #imwithher

>trump's business logic makes no sense

LMFAO SHILLARY TIME

Hey Cenk!!!

How do you Steward a World Reserve Currency when you create money like there are no limits... oh how many Quadrillions have been created in Derivatives??

Well, DTCC, has a video for employment that says they have created like $1.7 Quadrillion Dollars in US Instruments.

Hm...

So in 1944 we became the world reserve currency in the Breton Woods Agreement. This was the End of the British Empire. Kind of a Big Deal!!!

So... how do we get AAA Ratings on Currency, Federal Govt, Big Cities that have huge debt?? It is a Scheme to make government compliant to Big Banks, the Banking Cartels. No Mystery. This was always the goal of European Banks.

Tell me has there ever been a Treaty with an English or European Bank with the US Govt?? NO?? You think they would give up the Profit Motive out of courtesy? If so you didn't go to Business School...

Not Treaty with Transnational Banks not to foreclose on US Property, US Housing Debt, Subprimes, US Auto Loans, US Student Debt,... just like Greece.

-

End of World Reserve Currency, US Dollar, is the end of the US as a world Leader.

So what is Stewardship of a currency.??

- Keeping Debt low?

Incredible post. You are far more intelligent and well spoken than any Trump supporters I have ever seen. As a result, I have switched to Hillary. I simply cannot support Trump's big business policies, and Hillary is the only candidate that the elites are trying hard to stop!!! #istandwithher

Excellent post. You've summed up the thoughts of so many Trump supporters. I've stopped supporting Trump and have instead chided to vote for Hilllary!!!!

>Crash the phony global economy with no survivors
>Globalist chains keeping everything carefully controlled disintegrate
>The most cancerous big corporations collapse
>China reverts to the Warlords Era overnight
>Things are really shitty for a few years, but the US has every asset required to rebuild an actually strong economy in abundance
>Partner up with Russia who is also relatively unphased and dominate the entire globe economically
>The 2020s become one of the most prosperous decades in American History
Seems like a good plan to me.

Wow. Before reading this post I supported Trump. However due to your argument I've decided to vote for Hillary instead!!!!

This whole entire thread was paid for by the Clinton Foundation

Everyone go the fuck home.

This is a literal shill thread with automated/pre-written responses.

This post is amazing. You've really summed up my thoughts here. Due to this post I now pledge to vote for Hillary in November.

I've saved all the shill posts ITT but concluded they have been posted satirically.

I would regurgitate them in another thread for lols, but I'm worried the mods would do their job correctly.

Let me post a couple of charts.

In 2016 the US Total Debt is $62 Trillion US Dollars, but Cenk doesn't know that.

This chart is 2015, so I have to look for the new series posted by Private Federal Reserve Corporation with Private Stockholders...

Great info in this video. I must say that I was 100% on board with Trump. However this one video has changed my mind and I will vote for Hillary in November. #readyforher

You aren't bright enough to have earned the right to disagree with me.

You are an insignificant speck and the ideals you represent are those of other insignificant specks.

I can't wait until Obama gives the orders - I will go on a killing spree as the world has never seen.

As far as facts, that's all I've done is provide them.

You, on the other hand, do nothing but provide written materials by others that you're too dumb to even understand well enough to properly use to support your arguments.

I mean, if you're a GED candidate with a resume thick on coal mining and slaugherhouse gigs and have a hard time with words larger than two syllables, then I understand why you're part of Trump's narrow swath of supporters.

Bernie Sanders does very well with the educated. Trump isn't winning *any* educated independents or Democrats.

I'm not completely writing off Trump because a terrorist attack would probably favor him, as would an an indictment against Clinton. Also, it's not unprecedented for negative television ads based purely on fiction to work (see: Willie Horton, Swift Boaters).

However, I also believe that in the very unlikely event that Trump enters the fall with any kind of a pucher's chance the CIA will probably have him killed.

Quite simply, there is virtually no possible way for him to ever actually become president.