What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

Transgender propaganda.

How's that?

7/10 Has a lot of style but no substance. Very comfy watch. Based Finn carries the show.

You're thinking of Sens8.

overrated but not terrible

i liked it until i found out Sup Forums liked it oo

Nancy looks disgusting

>El is a girl with a boy haircut, basically looks like a boy
>scene where they dress "her" up with a wig and dress, multiple jokes made about this 'dressing up' throughout the episode
and don't even start with "b-but she's actually a girl so it doesn't count!" It's completely obvious what the intention of those scenes was.

Literally have never seen that.

>Steve isn't even on the poster
>People think he's a good character

>It's completely obvious what the intention of those scenes was
The intention of those scenes where to show El discovering her femininity, realising that she is a woman and not just a freak for scientists to experiment upon.

>Literally have never seen that.
One of the protag is a MtF tranny. It dates a black lesbian and there's a scene where a sloppy dildo falls on the ground after the lesbian pegs the mentally ill freak.
They live in San Francisco.

Great show and probably the best new one we got this year

I dont know how they will pull off season 2 tho.

/thread

>based steve
>not good

>mfw they just set up a stupid love triangle for season 2 in the last episode when we already know skeletor wants the robot cock
Literally why would she go back to Steve

The part where mike tells el he wants to fuck her was shitty. Winona ryder was shitty. The rest makes me wish I could have seen it as a kid

>tells el he wants to fuck her
wtf dude

>Literally why would she go back to the rich guy and not the poor hick living in a destroyed mobile home
Because she is a woman, user. And women have no understanding of concepts like loyalty and faithfulness.

Show off the year

>sister? eww that gross
>incest is gross
or did he want to go to the dance with her just because he likes dancing and not fucking at all?

12 year olds aren't supposed to fuck.

this
you're a retard man
one doesn't kiss one's sister in the mouth for example
also he didn't say
>sister? eww that gross
he said it was gross when nancy asked him if he liked eleven, and he pretended not to, a common child reaction

Someone hasn't read IT.

Are you underage desu?

Pretty good if you don't mind some obvious parts.

Lubbed it

>Lets his friends treat her like shit
>Tells them shes fucking Jonathon just because he saw them together
>Lets them paint her being a slut for the whole town to see
>Berate her and Jonathon to the point of causing a fight
>Its okay because he came back to help us fight the monster!

I thought it might go that route but the dressing up wasn't a negative thing, it was as describes. Finding her humanity and shit, not being a desexed test subject.

Was a pretty good marathon, but I doubt that I'll ever re-watch it again

Start is better than the ending. At some point everthing is spoonfed to the viewer. Things that for others are a secret and a problem that needs to be solved have already been solved by other at another location but made so painfully obvious that as a viewer you get annoyed cause you just want to tell them to get it over with instead of struggling. Once the big bad has been revealed it isn't as scary anymore as when he was still shrouded in mystery.

The treatment of spoonfeeding as if the viewer is too dumb to understand is what got me the most. But overall I did enjoy it, though at the end I just wanted it to be fucking over already.

Calm down Alfred

Mediocre sci-fi drama in an 80s nostalgia veneer.

>always liked Steve
>dated Steve
>gave her virginity to Steve
>stayed with him in the end and not le edgy bad boy rebel
I think the one not getting "loyalty" here is you, m8

Anyway, I liked it thought it was nothing like I expected. I only knew that it's a small town horror and that it's well-liked; I expected something much darker and more paranormal, I got light sci-fi with main characters being preteen kids and a silly CGI monster that didn't look all that threatening at all for some reason (the scene from The Thing that teacher watched had way better organic horror). But it still was well done so eh. Waiting for season 2.

another box ticking formulaic trend riding piece of shit from our new """tv""" overlords

Were the ninemotherseyes replys on Reddit a marketing trick? I feel so used.

40 minute episodes is a gigantic mistake.
I think you could cut down the episodes to 15 minutes, and improve the pacing a tenfold.
But thats most 40 minute shows. Its very rare for a show to even be able to fill its broadcast alloted time.

I will never watch this show or get a netflix subscription because of netflix shilling

>not pirating it multiple times to cause massive financial losses to Netflix
weak desu

But you will bump the thread

Over rated but not bad. I feel they made a mistake by not having the young boy actually be found dead in the lake. That was a really powerful scene otherwise.

spotted the anime faggot

>letting shills influence your opinion
poon
(You)

I think it was powerful anyway but they should've had the reveal that Will isn't dead a bit later so that the viewer had more time to let the initial scene 'sink in' or whatever.

Steve was GOAT in these series.

Even in Anime it gets tedious when the show can't fill its run time.
I literally have horror flashbacks to watching filler sagas of on going shows, because the pacing is shit, and the normal episodes has even shittier pacing.

That said, it wouldn't be so bad if it just filled its run time. The Flash managed to do that. X-Files managed to do that.
This show? It has severe issues doing that.

Im enjoying the Chad Renaissance were in

>not watching it on popcorn time

>torrents for lazy faggots

no thanks

>waiting for the torrent to download instead of streaming it
who is the faggot now

one that doesn't get shitty encodes

capeshitter detected, i'm not surprised

Streaming is also downloading you fucking mongoloid
Enjoy your yify rips

>there are people THIS delusional living on this planet
keknessmonster

Come back when you can argue for your position, shitter

>he doesn't have access to BTN
hahaha oh noo

I'm not that dude, i just said you were a capeshitter and you are, so my position is right

>muh encoding
There's nothing wrong with YIFY if you're not autistic. And if you are, you can always load the torrent files or magnet links in popcorn time.

>Streaming is also downloading
Never said otherwise, I said you don't need to wait for it to be downloaded (because you're downloading otg).

>There is nothing wrong with Yify
wew lad

Man people really don't seem to understand Steve at all and just cherrypick all his moments

>is introduced as some uber Chad, but we still see he can be goofy as fuck as seen by his "stealthiness" sneaking into Nancy's bedroom
>does not shittalk Jonathan when his friends do the first time, actually tells them to lay off
>rightfully is upset with Jonathan for being a scheezy perv taking pictures of them and rather than beat him up simply breaks the device that enables Jono
>wrongfully assumes Nancy is going out with Steve behind his back and is obviously hurt by the "betrayal" and goes overboard in punishing her
>makes the mistake of talking shit about Will and gets his shit pushed in for it
>the beating has the desired effect of both humbling him and clearing his head, making him realize he was being a cunt and worse yet he himself has let supposed "friends" mess his head up
>cleans up the billboard
>goes to Jonathan's house to apologize
>rather than flee and leave them to their fate he comes back and helps
>a month later Nancy is still with Steve (they never actually broke up), and the camera is obviously a gift from both of them, Steve being the rich kid obviously put up the money for it.

Couldn't have said it better user.

You should watch the 90s capeshit some time user.
They are generally completely terrible, mostly in a lot of the ways this show is mediocre.

What am I looking at here?
Also I don't care about 1080p, I have a 5:4 screen. I don't get the fuzz of HD either, specially in a 80s themed show. The old look on new retro movies like "Death Proof" only enhanced my experience. Felt like watching an actual 70s road movie.

how does depriving yourself of enjoyment will hurt netflix?

i thought this was obvious, are people here just getting increasingly retarded or something?

>capeshit is terrible
glad we can agree

BRETTY GUD :DDDD

Is the actress a virgin irl? She looks like she'd break if she had a real dick in her

Bones are extremely tough

For what it is I think it does its job, albeit not too well. Solid 6/10. Would recommend, but not watch a second time, it's a waste of time. I don't even care much for the second season.

why don't you ask her user?

so is the vagina you permavirgin

Most people only seem to focus on Nancy being a skeleton but you're right, that was a better answer, sorry.

An 80's Chad is Corey desu

Haim or Feldman?

From what i've seen people talk about this show it is always about steve/nancy/jonathan. I have a sneaking suspicion that's because the majority people who liked this show are teenage women. The forced teenage romance bullshit doesn't seem so stupid now, I guess the writers knew their audience to a T.

...both.

>From what i've seen people talk about this show it is always about steve/nancy/jonathan. I have a sneaking suspicion that's because the majority people who liked this show are teenage women.

It's probably the most normal thing going on in the show, and easily relatable because it covers teenage love, bullying, friendship and being an outsider to social norms.

Pretty much. The storyline is so shallow that they really didn't need to stretch it and make 8 40 minute episodes. A lot of it is pretty much the same dramatic beats played over and over again anyway. I guess their general audience is too stupid to notice any of that judging from all the positive reaction that I see from morons in these threads.

notice the monster is basically a slimy human with a vagina instead of a head

When exactly did they spoonfed everything? If anything the show doesn't give you much in terms of real explanations for a lot of the mysterious aspects or the reasons for a lot of the stuff that happens. You have to REALLY suspend your disbelief in order to watch the show.

And the "big bad" isn't fully revealed until the last episode, where it is killed. Before then it is shown in the SECOND episode, briefly as a cliffhanger, and then later in the photographs where it is seen taking Barb.

Er, you see the Demogorgon in full view when El sees it for the first time in the isolation tank, I think in the sixth episode. It isn't a big reveal in the finale.

so fucking overrated holy shit

literally American Horror Story-core

"You read any Stephen King?"

it's hipster netflix garbage, r u seriously asking?

>Stephen King
>read
Reading isn't the proper way to consume King, he's a shitty narrator who describes too much to the point of tediousness. That very characteristic, however, makes his works translate wonderfully to the world of cinema.

yall hear matthew mcconahaey how ever the fuck you spell his name is going to be randall flagg in the new stand movie.

>how ever the fuck you spell his name
Is Google banned in your country?

You mean in the Dark Tower

>r u

Will he prep the bull?

im just lazy.its 7 am here in america

>re-watch

People do this? Lol.

>verdict
Good but nowhere near great. Derivative of 80s movies and the works of Stephen King. Some good acting, some bad acting. Story is not bad overall, though nothing special.

There. Now please stop making the same fucking thread every day.

I feel like Episodes 1 - 3 stood alone as their own thing. They felt a LOT stronger than what followed.

Would have been satisfied if they just threw up a 'THE END' after Will's body was found.

Finn is great.

This

>Based Finn carries the show.
This.

The nuclear family comment made me want to throw up but otherwise i enjoyed it.

The score is so fucking good. I downloaded it the night they released it and played it on the outdoor speakers at my house and laid in the grass in the dark looking up at the stars just relaxing. Saw two shooting stars it was neat as fuck.

Garbage/10
The director rips off many 80s movies for no reason but since he calls it "references" everyone eats it up.
Like selling shit saying its chocolate.