What's Sup Forums's opinion on this?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WBub_cKiC4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BIG

Really enjoyable performances by all the actors, JJL was amazing and so was Walton Goggins, goddamn that guy needs more work.

BLACK

phenomenal everything

DINGUS

Didn't particularly care for it

I'm surprised this movie hasn't been blacklisted here because of Samuel's story. Also I liked it.

I thought it was Tarantula's best effort in a while. Better than Django, which I actually also enjoyed.

If you enjoy great dialogue, a proper mystery, with QT violence. you will absolutely love this movie.

a meaningless endeavor wallowing in itself. tarantino's self-alleged premise for it was "what if you put 8 insufferable people in a room, and some of them are villainous, what happens?"

well it's a tarantino movie so everyone's going to gruesomely die, and we have to hang out with these insufferable people while we wait for it to happen. some of the characters were quaint and some well acted, but these were just colors in an ugly pointless painting

i don't hate all his films so i'm not too snobby for his doggerel...always

Great acting, great dialogue, mediocre landscape shots (especially if you're watching the 70mm version with an extra 17 minutes of snow) and an especially lazy resolution which, while impressive to watch, does a disservice to the tension it took so long to build up.

I mean like a lot of his films it's really style over substance. A hell of a lot of style (70mm style) and some great performances but ultimately its length is what kills it for me in the end. Granted I saw the extended roadshow version in theaters so I don't know how the general theatrical edit holds up

ABRUHAM LINKALN?

Which version did I see if I saw it in a regular cinema and it had an intermission? Although if im asking this im too pleb to care.

MUH DADDY

3 hours of Tarantino's masturbatory dialogue followed by a couple of scenes of violence. He should look into doing radio drama if all he cares about is hearing his lines repeated by people with talent.

ABREHIM LINCILN??

Goggins stole the film

youtube.com/watch?v=WBub_cKiC4U

Movie was shit but based Walton Goggins made it watchable

I liked how Quentin added a bit of humanity to the ending.
Maybe he's not as much of an edgy awkward autist.

Pretty comfy

Watched it yesterday and was entertained throughout.
I just have some minor complaints, like QT himself in the off, explaining about the poisoned coffee. Also, ol' Kurt Russell felt a wee bit bland. Still a great performance but he easily could've done better.

Really great movie, wouldn't mind watching it again right now.
And it must've been really fun to look Samuel Jackson in the face and yell "Nigger" at him, again and again.

DINGUS
I
N
G
U
S

that's true. i saw some 3 hour bluray and i felt insulted he thought it merited such a length, pretty landscapes or not

I think Walton Goggins is a great actor but something about his face bothers me

It's his teeth, he's had extensive dental work from two incidents where he had them get fucked up

>a proper mystery
Are you retarded?

MUHHH DUDDY

He's got a crazy person face, but he's legit chill dude.

Yeah it was like the opposite of Reservoir Dogs

My opinion is I probably wont watch it because Tarantino is an SJW imbecile whose only skill is writing dialogue good enough to forgive his samey movies that are really all alike.

I'm tempted to cave for Kurt Russel and whatshisface who's a supporting role in every movie ever, was in Predators.

Kill yourself

Goggins* and Russel.

Literally tryhard: the movie.

It was an ugly film.

it felt like tarantino was taking a dump on my chest

Every thread on this movie turns into pic related

Reservoir dogs 2: The revenge of the BBC

A bit too long, and that scene when Tarantino started narrating ruined the moment of suprise that the scene could'ev had, but overall it was a damn good movie, and I was surely entertained. Cinematography and OST were dope as fuck.

YOOOOOOUUU GONNNNNNNAAAAAA MAAAKE AAAAA DEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAL WIIIIITH THIIIIIIIIS DIIIIIIAAAAAABOOOOLICAAAAAAALLLL BIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHhhhh?

I was sold on the movie the moment Morricone music started.

almost everything about it tries too hard to be cool or funny

it's not a bad movie, but tarantino did things A LOT better with reservoir dogs

It was better than I expected. Maybe because I was heavily disappointed with Tarantula's recent flicks and my expectations were too low.

Yeah I wasn't expecting him to be that good.

STARRING TIM ROTH AS BRITISH CHRISTOPH WALTZ

Nothing spectacular, but good to have an enjoyable time.

It's meh as fuck. Django is much better.

I liked it a lot, and I thought Django was pretty shit.
7.5/10 for me

I feel Quentin successfully communicated his statement on race issues and how to fix them in this movie, after failing pretty badly in Django.

Probably the #3 greatest tarantulo movie behind pulp fiction and jackie Brown. It was sharper and better paced than RD even if RD was more iconic

>STARRING SAMUEL L JACKSON AS HIMSELF

>better paced
did we watch the same movie? I thought the first half was fantastic, it did a great job at slowly buiding tension and advancing the plot, but everything went to hell when Tarantino did his whole "I'm LE narrator" thing, and then quickly devolved into boring shock-value violence

FEET AND FARTS

>boring shock-value violence
this
DUDE VOMITING LITRES OF BLOOD LMAO
DUDE EXPLODING FACES LMAO

shitposting aside though, that whole sequence about how the killers bring themselves in position to shoot unarmed and unexpecting women and an old man was unnecessarily long
I even think skipping this whole prologue wouldn't have done any harm to the movie

oh and don't forget pointless shit like "ask me if my ass is phat lulz"

very good. there's wasted potential in the plotting but the characters, acting, dialog, music, and tension are 10/10

woa you are a real critique arent you?

i'm as much a critique as you are a shitpost

Watched about first 30 mins of this on a flight, got to the part where the guy is claiming to be the sheriff and that they need to let him on the coach, by then the writing was so bad I switched to something else.

Better than I expected. Nicely executed, good acting.

But the story wasn't really interesting or entertaining.

I watched the close to 3 hour dvd and I loved it. I didn't care for Django though.

Incredible movie. One of his best imo

One of his better efforts, I thought.

Plus it's pretty funny to think of how many Sup Forumstards were triggered by the whole black dick thing

Comfy as fuck

Before the flashback/narration: some of his best work

After the flashback/narration and ending: bleh, fine I guess but not exciting

inevitable Jack Nicholson biopic when?

Sup Forums as fuck

Remember before Sup Forums Reddit was the boogie man for all the boreds?

It's starting to remind me of Jim Carreys fake teeth from the mask

>Hairline

Nice fedora

Actually my favourite Tarantino movie. I rewatched it about 4 times now, it's just too damn cozy

I found it hilarious but somewhat of a cop out that one of the guys was hiding under the floor. Knox 3rd
>It is forbidden for hidden passages to exist.
In the mystery aspect, the movie failed on that front.

I saw it more as Quentin making a message about racism.
>a racist and a black person get together to hang a woman like she deserves
The racist sheriff hated Samuel Jackson but once they had a chance to stay together and both get fucked, his racism vanished.

I mean, hell, there's even a part where that racist sheriff has Samuel Jackson's life in his hands and can decide to walk away rich and stay true to his racist view, but decides FUCK IT, SHE'S GONNA HANG BECAUSE FUCK YOU.

Nah, I think that Mannix (the sheriff) and Warren (Samuel) actually gained a measure of respect for each other. Mannix thought that the Lincoln letter was hilarious and saw that Warren was crafty and a badass even if he hated him personally. When Mannix refuses Daisy's offer, Warren realizes despite being a racist, he actually has a strong sense of justice and lawfulness.

pure cuck kino

>nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger everyone dies
Every single Tarantino movie. It was pretty good though.

My second favorite film of his, right after Inglourious Basterds.

It was a great theatre experience overall, but I'm not sure how it'll hold up on re-watching it. Especially since you wouldn't have the massive screen for the wide shots. I was very pleasantly surprised that Walton Goggins got such a big part. I was expecting the movie to be all Kurt Russel and SLJ, with Goggins just being a background character who probably gets killed off first. One thing that I thought stood out for the worse was the guitar-smashing scene. Her reaction and the way she glances off-set and hesitates is just not what you'd expect from the camera. I get that they wanted to make use of the scene where Kurt broke an antique guitar for real, just to make it worth it, but it just wasn't the best take they could have gotten.

When I watched it there was an old(40s-50s) couple sitting next to us and I swear to god the woman starting writing a whole goddamned email on her phone in the middle of the movie. With the brightness so high that it actually illuminated me, despite having a person between me and her. Utterly surreal.

I seriously think the BIG BLACK DONGUS story was just put in by QT to fuck with Sup Forumstards, which is hilarious because really the racist Sheriff and the Confederate general are both far more sympathetic than SLJ's character (or any other characters, really). SLJ was basically revealed to be a lying conniving "uppity nigger" who just liked killing whitey whenever he got the chance.

That said while I massively enjoyed the 70mm roadshow experience, I honestly think that it doesn't hold up as well in a multiplex or home theater environment. Having a massive screen to showcase the huge shots really made the movie engrossing.