Do musicians listen to their own music ?

Do musicians listen to their own music ?

They have to while they're making it

Do postmen deliver their own mails?

i do probably too much

Like some will and some won't

I wrote a short story once, and I know it's not particularly good, but I'm really proud of it, and I reread it like once a month and enjoy the fuck out of it mostly. But I am a pretty huge narcissist so there's that.

They fucking love it. Especially bedroom producers.

I mean in their spare time.
Like , Mc Ride saying " I could go for some Death Grips now"

>Like
???

Some might. I highly doubt most do.

I would assume the more reasonable ones wouldn't really listen to it if they didn't have to, similar to how many actors don't watch their own films.

Like are you asking what "like" is doing grammatically in that first sentence? I'm confused at your confusion

not really, i know it does nothing. just not sure why you typed it like you're 13.

wrong. They constantly listen to their own music, constantly trying to improve and learn from it.

As a slightly narcissistic bedroom musician, I can confirm. I'm one of my favorite musicians.

Do chefs eat their own cooking?

the few that i know are split 50/50 on that.

most visual artists I've talked to hate to look at their drawings/paintings, I imagine it's the same for musicians

edgy

dumb

>if it does nothing functional it's automatically bad
>all writing must be utilitarian
I know a literally autistic kid who does this. It's not the signifier of maturity you seem to think it is.

my music is shit and i'm my own biggest fan so i assume that it is a common thing among artists

I imagine Bones likes his own music a lot

Bump

yeah but oftentimes you've heard it enough

I mean they wouldn't make it unless they liked it. you wouldn't even bother to write and memorize a melody if you didn't like it

Rap-user here.

Maybe a few times after you release it, but it gets old soon. I try not to burn myself out on my shit because I wanna put energy performing it live.

some songs i cant stop listening to and feel "perfect" to me. I hope one day they can all feel that way

I listen to my own stuff a lot.

This, when you get it right it feels good listening to it.

Musicians probably hear their own songs the most concerts,writing,recording,listening back to how the recording came out they probably don't listen to their own music during free time but do defiantly hear it a lot

Lil Wayne in interviews says he only listens to his own songs

i rarely listen to old material, but once in a blue moon ill go back and just start listening to fucking everything, and i usually love most of it.

but due to how often you have to listen to something making it, all impact is lost for a long time so its not even worth listening to it for me until that's passed. only months after you release a track can you truly hear it.

and then it has even more impact because of the 'holy fuck i actually made this' factor. maybe if you hold yourself at a high standard you would just hate listening to your own stuff, but i consider any improvement over the first time i tried making a track a miracle.

I've writen a number of things in tux guitar but haven't put in the time to learn to play them and get it recorded but the program will play it back so I'll listen that way. It happens once about every other month and I end up making some little change or undoing the last change I made.
I like it but more the idea of what it'll sound like when it's done than the actual shitty midi guitars and drums.
Chris Rock said Kanye would just throw his latest album on and rock out to it like it was his first time hearing it.