LED street lamp vs traditional street lamp. Which is more cinematic?

LED street lamp vs traditional street lamp. Which is more cinematic?

Traditional

LEDs a shit

i don't really like those orange street lights, they create a unexplainable heavy atmosphere

Traditional.
More shadows, more vibrant. More lights and darks that can play off each other.

>they create a unexplainable heavy atmosphere
Which street lamps should do. Nighttime should be eerie

Depends on what the fuck director wants to tell us. It's just a fucking tool like everything else.

Lighting makes up 90% of the quality of a film you pleb.

led if the movie is related to money and urban life

p.s.: i'm a professional director that visits this forum from time to time.

Both, but in their appropriate settings.

Of course a BADLY LIT scene might look bad, but I*m talking about cinematography here. They're completely different in moods and how they visually look and both are valid ways to tell a story/narrative however director sees fit.

The LED have an asian action movie style to them while the traditional ones have a more western war movie wibe to them

They're both comfy in their own way :)

>Left
Michael Bay & Christopher Nolan
>Right
Stanley Kubrick & David Lynch

This. It depends what mood and atmosphere someone is trying to achieve.

How is left Michael Bay when it has more than 2 colors?

This picture is LITERALLY the 2nd post on Reddit. FUCK OFF

There's too much street lighting in general. The main argument is safety but if criminals had to bring their own lightsources they'd draw more attention to themselves and become easier to detect. Light pollution is a serious issue.

Candlelight>all

Wow something came from the third biggest website in the world? No way! Fuck off mongoloid.

the middle of the lake is more david lynch than the traditional lights

The criminals would just use night vision goggles.

only best choice

Small time burglars can't afford night vision goggles and rapists would only be hindered by them.

what facebook has to do with reddit?

you are retarded

non warm light is uncomfy
i dont want to drive in a hospital

this

>white street lights
Fucking retarded.

White street lights destroy your night vision. If you're under a white streetlamp, everything that's not under direct lighting looks like pitch blackness. Traditional streetlamps use frequencies that have less effect on the eyes.

The best would be red lights, but the yellow sodium lights were cheaper to mass produce.

1970s florescents with not-quite-right color correction.

Wow, that image really fires up your neurons.

I like both in a different way, too bee honest.

Director Cut of Thief looks abysmal, it's just nothing but fucking blue. The Theatrical Cut was way more to my taste.

Mann's Directors Cuts seem to be always fucking terrible

Municipalities that actually tried turning off street lightning during certain hours to save money only had as a result more burglaries and crime.

Gas lighting is best. Some cities in Germany still use them.

Please recommend me a film based on that image. I think I just felll in love with it.

really depends on the DP and the feeling they're going for - on most productions they'll just end up changing the bulbs in street lights to suit the scene or just modifying them all together.

Gas lighting is kino

At some point you have to realise that those criminals already existed prior to the decision to save on electricity.

At some point you have to realise that what you just said was a batshit retarded argument.

looks comfy

sodium lamps(right) create a really heavy atmosphere like the other user said, I get a an intense, uneasy feeling like how season 2 of true detective made me feel looking at scenes like the right.

left has a clinical, cleancut vibe. But i could still imagine an alien or creature in such a scene.

Right reminds viewer that the light we create to see at night is only temporary and offers a sense of the darkness that is lapping at the shore.

Deep

wanst trying to be lel
but really.
left feels clean and lasting, right feels like its going to go out and some sperg alien is gonna lwowororprorwprwop ya diq

The more economic the light, the less expensive the movie is.