I see NiN getting shit on so much on the internet in the same regards of bands as Linken Park and Evanescance

I see NiN getting shit on so much on the internet in the same regards of bands as Linken Park and Evanescance.

But I also at the same time see so much love towards them.

What's the truth Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=industrial metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some say it's edgelord shit, idk it's not bad I guess

I don't see anyone shitting on them, they're a really well regarded band both critically and commercially. Some people have different opinions, some people are just cunts.

NiN get's shit on just because it's babby's first industrial band. In reality they're pretty good

nin paved the way for the synth + metal sound. unfortunately the bands that followed their path could never surpass.

This. Lots of elitism combined with the idea that anything sincere and not smothered in layers of irony is "childish".

I don't know which websites you are visiting, but NIN are all around considered one of the best bands of the 90's, and trent reznor will always be a legend, since he put industrial in the mainstream

I love NiN and Linkin Park in all honesty. I'd lose all respect if there was no anonymity here

which bands are that? NIN have a one of a kind sound, and the band that literally followed them was MM, which surpassed them in terms of mainstream dominance

>which bands are that?
Stabbing Westward, Filter, Orgy, Static-X, etc.

A bunch of bands no one remembers because they were/are garbage.

does nin really get a lot of shit? the worst i ever really hear is "meh i don't like them"

the feels trent and tront is just ironic shitposting

Sup Forums has always liked NIN

I never heard of them, I will check them out, thanks

>What's the truth Sup Forums?
ah, another case of different people having different views on something.

confounding as always to autists

this
it wasn't just about the sound though. NIN changed what it meant to have a keyboardist in your band. While bands like metallica and pearl jam were hiding their keyboard players off stage because "muh guitars are cool", NIN had a synth for every member. At that point, synth players around the world changed in their pocket protectors for chain wallets.

lmao at this fucktard's complete bullshit contextualization of NIN, Those bands have NOTHING to do with it
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=industrial metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

This is such fucking nonsense all they did was introduce a few mainstream idiots like you to a vast, full developed genre that they were a minor part of.

Why the fuck is it that Sup Forums is so blinded by household name status?

see

see

linkin park is actually good whereas nin is shit

na, i used to play synths in bands in early 90s.
you couldn't get in any kind of heavy band until NIN, it was strictly new wave and pink floyd cover bands.

XD

>Likes: Jinco Jeans
>Dislikes: Levis, My Dad

>modern day pop music fan

i've been a musician for decades as well

you are just straight up ignorant if you don't realize there were tons of heavy, extreme, gothic, dark, etc bands in the 80s. the only significant thing about NIN is that they had hit singles and radio play, but if you were actually a fucking musician trying to play in clubs and shit and make a buck why would that matter?

i'm guessing the truth was they just didn't want you in their band my dude....

>Linken

It's "Lincoln"

>you are just straight up ignorant if you don't realize there were tons of heavy, extreme, gothic, dark, etc bands in the 80s.
*using synths

yeah he made the genre SOUND GOOD and introduced it to the mainstream you fucking mongoloid

stop pretending you are stupid just for the sake of trying to be cool and hip

>before NIN there was just Pearl Jam and they weren't doing anything nearly as cool!
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about my guy, you are like the world's worst musical historian and you don't understand a fucking thing about Trent's contribution to music.

>yeah he made the genre SOUND GOOD
Nah it's tip of the iceberg, shit-tier industrial music for disgusting casuals who can't be arsed to look even a millimeter beneath the surface of a rich and rewarding genre.

don't ever reply to me again unless you're adding to the discussion

>i've been a musician for decades as well
>but never actively looking to be in a heavy band as a synth player before and after NIN made it big

thanks for clearing that up new friend

I don't think he should be shit on because he made some pretty top-notch pop rock, I just think anyone who praises him or artists like him for being at the forefront "industrial" needs to be taken out to a ditch and shot...the genre had already been completed before he released his first album (and there were better industrial metal/industrial rock bands before him too since his first album was total synthpoppy garbage)

here's your answer, OP

Manson groupies and these people,

TG and Einstürzende Neubauten fanboys who got mad when Trent finally took the genre and made it good, instead of the avant-garde terrible shit it wasm thus taking away from them their "secret " industrial little world

>avant-garde terrible shit it was
you're such a fucking penis dude
we liked Big Black, you should have auditioned for my band we would have let you in

ok dude go back to cutting yourself while listening to TG

It doesn't matter what you think, NIN will be remembered as the best industrial band of all time

NIN is in the top 3 live shows I've been to, and I've been to a lot.

N Sync were even MORE popular so ergo they're even better right?

don't compare completely different genre fanbases

the argumentum ad populum fails either way. a band being better marketed, or having a sound that is more palatable to a greater number of people, is not evidence that they are GOOD.

why not actually talk about the music and what aspects of it are good. like, trent's singular and instantly recognizable approach to drum sequencing

It is edgy music that also happens to be extremely good. Any music that is very good will have people who like and dislike it and when a lot of people like something, it makes the people who dislike it hate it even more. The fact that it is edgy makes it easy for people who don't like it to trivialize it.

lol remember when this turd was throwing baseballs at plates with Fred Dursts face on them in that video? this hayseed never gave a shit about art, he gave a shit about status

fuck his Hot Topic™ tier garbage music and dismiss the opinion of any dilettante who disagrees

brian weren't you in the video with him though???

case in point