Peter Jackson

To this day, I cannot believe The Hobbit was winged...

It wasn't the worst movies ever, but the fact that they were so crunched on time and didn't produce what they wanted makes me feel sick inside...

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/5937177/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how can you deal with that much stress and anxiety i would have quit

Yeah but he still made a lot of money. I guess it isn't worth it...

It's funny, you see Peter and Elijah crying on the set of LotR and it's because it's been an amazing emotional journey and it's coming to an end.

Then fast forward to The Hobbit trilogy and you have Ian McKellen bursting into tears because he's acting in a green room pretending there's hobbits around.

People act like Jackson turned into a Lucas-tier lazy shit when he clearly works hard and just got shafted by absurd studio demands.

I don't know what your talking about. It deserved an Oscar.

Imagine if they HAD given him the 2-3 years he had to prep LOTR. Maybe the Hobbit trilogy wouldn't have been so shit.

He deserves all the shit he gets from this.

>It shouldn't have been a trilogy.
>He shouldn't have added that she-elf to shoe-horn a crappy romance sub-plot.
>Over use of crappy CGI.

It was an obvious cash grab.

If he had so little time he should have removed all the LOTR Appendix shit and just made two 2.5 hour Hobbit movies using only content from the book itself. It would have been so much better.

Based on what Jackson had to say for himself in that video it partly IS his fault. He should have taken Del Toro's work and built on that instead of trashing everything he did and starting from scratch.

I don't care if his "vision" was different. You don't just throw away months/years of prep work on such a big-scale production when the movies' so soon for release.

I think his ego got the better of him.

The studio wanted three films.

Why do you think Del Toro jumped off right before filming began?
His material was shit,

I'm amazed they allowed this to be shown, I also have a lot more sympathy for Jackson, it wasnt that he was a hack, he just had to make a movie on the fly without any of the attention to detail he gave LOTR

The best director in the world couldn't make three good movies out of the hobbit, the source material is just being stretched too thin

Why didn't he leave like del toro? Preserve his dignity. Now he's mentioned in the same sentence as Lucas.

It would have been way better than the piece(s) of shit that we got. It makes no sense to throw out all that work just because "muh aesthetic preferences are better from yours". Even David Fincher (Alien 3) knew better than to redo his film at the 11th hour.

Fincher was pretty much hired on the 11th hour.

Same principle. Jackson thinks he's hot shit just because he made the LOTR trilogy and didn't have to deal with the realities of filmmaking (namely: deadlines and COMPROMISE).

If you've watched/read the early interviews with him about what he wanted to do with the Hobbit (still duology at the time), it's clear the whole project was a giant ego trip. Plain and simple.

I suppose he thought he could pull it off. Hubris, I guess.

Here's a quote from Jackon's own mouth:
>[Guillermo] had designed a lot of the movie...I looked at his designs when he took over and a lot of his designs are very Guillermo...it was very much stuff that you would recognize from Pan's Labyrinth or Hellboy. It was his artistic vision and I couldn't make that movie."
>"I can't put my head into somebody else's idea — I have to generate it from the beginning. So really I redesigned the film pretty much."

Source: io9.gizmodo.com/5937177/

*Jackson