Metal and its heaviness

Welcome to the unofficial scale of heaviness! I want you to post your own heavy bands and tweaks to my list in replies.
1. Mount Eerie (A Crow Looked At Me)
Not heavy at all
2. Radiohead (Pablo Honey)
The only thing that could hint towards being heavy is the distorted guitar in the choruses
3. Foo Fighters (Greatest Hits Collection)
Not really heavy but has some metal influence
4. Tool
Has some heavy riffs and screams
5. Slayer
Good midpoint to compare heaviness of other bands, low tuning and shouting
6. Slipknot (Self Titled)
Heavy, fast riffs. Throat killing screams.
7. Behemoth
Brutal, angry satan praising.
8. Jared Dines (The Dark EP, The Light EP)
Fast paced death metal with heavy riffs and heavy vocals.
9. Rings of Saturn
Disgusting vocals(in a good kind of metal way), incredible drumming and guitar
10. Infant Annihilator
Grotesque vocals, Flawless drumming, Really good riffs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7QRrh1QYe4
youtu.be/Mb5OMOqJRWc
youtube.com/watch?v=TPSenKymLwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Been playing this album a lot recently. There's probably heavier grindcore than this, but as someone in the comments pointed out, there's less than 20 years in between Black Sabbath's first album and this one.
My point is that it's easy for any kid to use a drum machine to sound the same as Carcass, but being one of the first bands to a specific sound has got to count for something.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7QRrh1QYe4

bumping

this albums doom metal

>putting Slipknot above Slayer
>listening to Bememeoth
Fucking end yourself

Find a heavier song
Pro tip : you can't
youtu.be/Mb5OMOqJRWc

11. Electric Wizard

slipknot is objectively heavier than slayer

autism in one (1) post

nice argument you totally proved me wrong

Have you even listened to anything Slayer other than Reign in Blood you fucking newfriend?

It would be way below Slayer

what are you 16? are you conflating being objectively heavier as being better than? slipknot has heavier and more aggressive songwriting than slayer. I don't care if you like them or think people who listen to slipknot are morons because that is not what is being discussed; the op ranked slipknot on scale based on heaviness and I believe him to be correct based on qualifier. what do you think slayer's heaviest song is? killing fields? necrophobic? altar of sacrifice? hell awaits? heavy songs for sure but not heavier than wait and bleed and eeyore.

>slipknot has heavier and more aggressive songwriting than slayer
You have never heard a Slayer song then my man. All the songs you mentioned are infinitely heavier than Slipknot, they are faster, more aggressive with the dual guitar riffs, more heavy based on the sheer compounded mass of the wall of sound and the riffs are much more dense, wavy and deep.

pls don't do this

slipknot tunes lower, has a deeper sound, equality and dense and chaotic with all those fucking members. I'm not a personal fan but they are the heavier band. this is not even a discussion dude slipknot is objectively heavier.

>lower tunes = heavier
>chaotic with all those members
>more members = heavier
All false, you can't even defend your own position.

>>more members = heavier
In a way.

>Jared Dines
"No"

not that user, but yes, slipknot is way heavier than slayer. Im not even a big fan of slipknot, but their first 2 albums are heavier than 80% of death metal shit that /mu posts on /metal. You're probably just a hipster and butthurt about the fact that your band from the 80s is not as heavy as the popular modern metal band.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPSenKymLwk
show song made by slayer that is heavier than this

> Napalm Death have that fat fuck with a guitar, he must make the band pretty heavy