/jazz/ general

Sanders for president edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QK5fjJcQOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

real Englishman hours

Ah, Um > Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

The fucks with the rest of this board making some of the dumbest damn jazz threads ive ever seen tonight. also whats everyone been listening to?

Sanders is bae, that's some fiery shit

get lost cancer tripfag

Fuck jazzhreadguy and fuck all of yo who think that your opinion is more valid if you can spout a bunch of tehcnical bullshit that real jazz players don't even giv e a shit about

so whats ur deal then?

don't respond to tripfags anons! they're attention whores

lol is this the same person who was upset because someone said that the Japanese piano man meme album was mediocre

pic related
i think im gonna see pharoah next week.

hey anons I've been working on a jazz chart. The rules are only one album per artist.

pls give recs

>tfw an autist fucks up /jazz/ because of le meme youtubecore from nippon.

frankly i dont agree with almost any of that.

jazzhreadguy I kno thats u
jazzhreadguy pls go

senery is a descent album ok?

None of those albums have any emotion. You should erase them all and put albums that have more emotion in their place.

that's fine, gimme recs anyway

like?

>like?
Whatever albums you don't like. They're just more emotional. Trust me.

youtube.com/watch?v=1QK5fjJcQOk
i can't stop jamming this

but if you don't tell me what albums those are and how I should listen to them then I can't agree with you. I'm not expecting a dissertation on theory, just tell me what albums are more emotional, what emotions they invoke and how I should listen to it

How do I play jazz

this is interesting, thanks user

Well tell me an album you don't like

that's difficult because I think most popular jazz is interesting, but in terms of popular albums guess I can't get into Moanin' by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers

>derails jazz because muh emotion
>all in the name of our lord and savior
>Ryo Fukui
also not jtg, hes smarter then me frankly

learn how to play an instrument, then listen to lots of jazz, and do cool improv stuff that sounds nice

bruh are you autistic, did you not catch on that I was joking the minute I wrote "jazzhreadguy"?

Paul Motian- One Time Out

Yeah you just have to listen for the emotion. Like when Lee Morgan plays it's real bumpy and Benny Golson is so slip slidey windy. And the. You've got Blakey and when he plays it makes me feel so boomy and rattly. But then here comes Bobby Timmons with the tinkly droplets. It's all just so hypnotic and hard boppy.

So now you see how emotional it is right? It gets a place on your chart now?

If you aren't good with adjectives and explaining emotions you could always explain it to me in theory? =)

No. theory doesn't matter. It's all about emotions. I think I explained the emotion of that album very clearly.

even if theory doesn't matter in itself, it can be useful to explain why you feel a certain way about music

I don't really understand what you meant when you spoke about it that way, so maybe you could explain it with theory please?

giant steps by john coltrane
grant green's standards album is good too
blues & roots by charles mingus

thanks dude but I've listened to all of that and it's one album per artist

got anything by artists that arent on that list?

No man. You just have to listen harder and hear the emotions.

oh, now I see, you're just pulling my leg lol

It's hypnotic and hard boppy. How could you not understand when I clearly explained that to you? What more reason could you need for liking an album?

No. stop being elitist. I explained the emotions of the album, so you're just not listening to those emotions in the right way.

What does /jazz/ think of Brian Blade? He's not a meme like Kamasi Washington is he?

Wow. You should be a professional reviewer.

Well I don't really enjoy hard bop that much in the first place... too earthy... too harsh on the ears... also not a big fan of baritone sax... when I listen to Mingus' Moanin' it sounds like a jackhammer in my ears LOL

b-but what about the 'motions x)

Hypnotic

why is it hypnotic?

Because it has a hypnotizing effect

yeah idiot learn how to listen to jazz like a real pro

ok this banter is kinda boring now

>boring
Kinda like the emotionless garbage on your shit chart

no not a meme at all, i personally dont check him out much, but hes a gifted player for sure.

I can't tell who is trolling who anymore

okay autismo

ah sorry i didn't entirely read your post

wes montgomery's a day in life is really smooth
his smokin at the half note album is more fun
joe pass's virtuoso is almost entirely a compilation of standards arranged for chord melody guitar
herbie hancock's maiden voyage is considered to be historically significant
count basie mostly has compilation albums given that he leads a big band
sonny rollins' tenor madness is great. he collaborates with john coltrane on it, so i'm not sure if that breaks your one album per artist rule
dizzy gillsepie and charlie parker collaborate on an album that's pretty good. again, i'm not sure if collaborations are good for your list
joe henderson's inner urge is good
chick corea's now he sings, now he sobs is good too

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. i hope it helps.

And yet here I am trying to help you understand and connect with human emotion through music

I think u'll find that human emotions are gay and theory is important

woah-oah there friendo. We don't talk about theory here on /jazz/. That's the work of the devil...

Nope. John Coal Train supposedly said this quote one time so all theory is completely irrelevant and anybody who even hints at anything theoretical is a reprehensible elitist.

um ashkully it's COLD train
that's why he has an album called I love soup memes, cuz he was cold and needed to eat lots of soup

nah dog you misunderstood him john's cold train said that you have to feel music like you have to reach out and touch the soundwave with your hand

see? cold train. Everyone knows

why are you so ignorant Cold Train could play lots because he did plenty of his (correct) theories, he created a general theory of jazz like Einstein

Damn. I never knew that. Is that one of those things you have to know music theories to understand?? Jazz is so deep!

what's ur favourite jazz album? mine is the velvetu nderground and lee rude doing a gay voice

either that or mingin' by charlie moanus

So once you learn your music theories then they tell you exactly what to play and your music is always good because you know your theories?

hey any of you listen to it dont mean a thing if you aint avoid theory by duke edmonton

palms is the best track on 'I love soup memes'

yeah that's right, it's only when the theories are wrong and unscientific that you have bad music. You have to peer review all your sheet musics

who is duke edmonton, I only know count eerie

My favorite is Burpin' by Kilometers Davis either that or The Septic by Hibachi Worthington

is that second one a masterpiece of anime jazz by the great state of Nippon-Japan-chan? it will go well with my internet download of 'scenery' by Ryu Fuckui

you're missing out. duke edmonton has collaborated with some of jazz's greatest vocalists like eleanor rigberald

eleanor rigberald was the subject of a beatles' song I think, that was real music desu

correct me if i'm wrong, but the beatles invented music

Hibachi Worthington is saving jazz. The Septic is by far the best jazz album since Dharma by Pharrell Sanders

You have to like him otherwise I'll call you a hipster and a purist

correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd like to suck a John Lemon

wtf no! the beatles are the bad music taste because all the textbooks are wrong and not true by the way

nobody danced to music before the beatles, they pretty much invented dancing what a sham. I wish we'd go back to cave sounds

Have you guys ever heard of Son Raw? My bus driver saw me listening to the cowboy bebop and told me to check out this guy called Son Raw. I think he's really obscure though.

Hmm I'll agree but only if we both agree that only rockists enjoy the music of 'Baka' who was the worst harpisschord musician to come out of Great Nippon

I think that stuff's not suitable for kids frankly, I heard one of them put their peepee on an album cover...

Yeah sun Raw is probably the greatest jazz album of all time. His best album is called KANGZ

this is not acceptable. son raw has gone too far this time. now if ull excuse me im going back home i want katy perry played at my funeral

buhhhhh

are you folks really gonna let a jazz thread slide? come on now...

Would anyone be interested in polish jazz + yass chart?

sure

If you don't know how great this record is you are a pleb.

what way do you think that it would be good to group albums, by genres, time, level of of being essential or do not group them at all? I might make the list today, but I'm not quite sure when will I finish, because I'm in the middle of my exam session.

first draft don't group them
maybe group them at a later point

thanks mate, I've got 20 yass albums on my list already, perhaps I will add some older Polish jazz today. Do you think that it could be good idea to add a coloured dot to say what genre is that? Since some of them will be influenced by Jewish music or Klezmer, some of them will be free, some fusion and so on.

Here's the first draft of my Polish Jazz / Yass chart, yass albums start with Trytony - Tańce Bydgoskie.
Any suggestions? Of course I'm going to add more albums to the chart, especially newer ones, but I didn't wanted to add albums I haven't heard.

SAVED, ur doing gods work user

bump

thanks user this is saved too now

made one for Finnish jazz - one row per decade from 1960's to 2010's

thanks mate, I never thought that I would like to explore Finnish jazz but now I want to.

>Al Di Meola
>Joe Zawinul
>Too obscure
Yeah, no. Other than that, nice chart.

it's not my chart, I just like posting it because then people bump the thread by rolling

Let my children hear music>all dat

bump

You just know...