How the fuck do people read this shit

How the fuck do people read this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

press.princeton.edu/chapters/s10538.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because we learned how to.
This is Bach judging by the title of the pic...

I'm not even grade 1 piano and I could read that if you gave me enough time... are you that stupid?

takes a few years to get to play something like that just sight reading. And it will still be pretty bad without hearing a recording unless your some sheet reading god.

Brainlet detected

Go listen to some noise. That'll make you feel special.

Its easy but quite honestly its one of the worst language systems ever devised. Very inefficient.

By memorizing what the symbols and their placements mean? Its not that fuckin hard to understand how people do it

hmm idk probaly with they eyes

>very inefficient

Imblying

>notes aren't even on a space or line consistently
>double flats and double sharps
>arbitrarily based on major scale making any sufficiently modal composition a pain in the ass to write down
>takes up a shit ton of space

Why not make use of some other symbols for the notes or make each position on the staff represent a semitone with an index number for the note octave or something?

know a good book that explains it clearly?

Tonal Harmony

dl the PDF and put each self-test thing in MS paint and fill in the answers and you get well fast at reading music really quick as well as getting an intuition for intervals and all the other theory stuff

ITT: op makes autists feel superior

double sharps are easily explained as leading tones in keys with many sharps

what you SHOULD be complaining about, is how you basically have to resort to enharmonics at a certain point if you continuously modulate (eg say you're in C and you want to go up a major third to E, then you want to go up another major third as is the case with many 19th century music. well, G# is a gross key so you have to switch to Ab to make it readable)
another thing to complain about is how roman numeral analysis makes liberal use of strict figured bass notation, which occasionally makes things that aren't chord inversions look like chord inversions and vice versa

It's called "taking band in 6th grade."

thank you for being the only helpful user itt.

bump

Its like anything or seems hard at first but you just keep doing it and it becomes second nature.
As for sight reading something like that, as another user said, you'd have to be pretty good at piano.

How the fuck do people read this this

how the fuck do people read?

>any sufficiently modal composition a pain in the ass to write down
you can use all the modes without any accidentals. Modes were actually the original way music was written on sheet music. Major and minor scales came later (although they were based on modes themselves)

>tfw you read all of this
.. now I want to continue reading

press.princeton.edu/chapters/s10538.pdf

enjoy

Thank you kind user

That's not even very complicated.

holy fuck you're both retarded

please leave the world of music theory now

I agree with this
Sheet music has it's flaws especially in stringed instruments

Absolute fucking retard

Same way people learn how to read anything, they're taught it as children.

Also playing an instrument helps a lot.

my autism is being triggered by those left hand F notes that are also being played by the right hand in mm. 19

What you posted is essentially a sight reading exercise.

either Back of Clemente. A simple two-part invention.

Also, OP is a faggot.

holy shit i share a board with people who can't read sheet music
a music board
that has people who can't play music
i need a fucking moment

there are people on /lit/ who cannot read

there are more music fans here than music creators

元のポスターは馬鹿です

how the fuck do people read this shit?

>Bass clef
yea fuck that shit

>moto no posutaa wa baka desu
moto- origin
no- (describes)
posutaa- poster
wa- (declares the subject)
baka- idiot
desu- is

>Original Poster is an idiot

Nice. Thanks

I'm 19 and I just learned how to dissect time signatures and meter, GG m8

>tfw based italian public school forced you to learn how to read sheet music at 11

With their eyes