The Tick 2016 Amazon Pilot

What did everyone think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D9jHgrbjUL0
youtube.com/watch?v=-usL5TnS5PI
amazonpreview.com/R.aspx?a=700&as=yi1uG46dx4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked it. So far Arthur is a bit overbearing but The Tick was pretty fantastic.

No rip yet?

It's on PB

You can watch the pilot for free on Amazon

Only in the US

Instead of being satire of superheroics it's attempting a parody. It's basically a Not Another Teen/Scary Movie type show.

So only in countries that matter.

tick is great but the main character is an unbearable faggot so its shit unfortunately

First of all the other 2 incarnations are far superior in my opinion.
However, many great show had awful pilots.
It's not awful but the tone is a lot darker.
I see why they are doing this (satirising the current superhero shows/films) but it takes some adjusting.
Patrick as the better Tick. Peter seems to be impersonating Patrick's Tick via Alan Rickman.
Interestingly enough, Peter Warburton is a producer on this show.

I like him, The Tick is supposed to be unbearable.

He's talking about Arthur who has always been faggy.

The suit was a little offputting at first but I like how absurd it is in retrospect.

Original tick was better

>If you know what I mean..
>...Nope!

If its not david puddy whats the point

agreed, couldn't have picked a better actor back then. why they didnt get him boggles the mind

It looks like it's set in the real world whereas I felt like the tick FOX was set in a comic book surreal world, weird.

I liked it

So it's not available then?

I was making a joke based on the fact that he said no countries that matter has it available, and in that observation I jokingly included the US, thus, it's not available anywhere.

it looks like its set in a world where people running around in some latex costume wont be thought of as perverts

and texturing the latex doesnt make it any better. it needs to look like its not a full body condom or spandex. this is the former

Haven't really watched/read anything from The Tick. Is the suit supposed to look like it was sort of home made by a cosplayer that isn't really that good? Because if not they failed hard because it looks like shit from a professional standpoint.

Haven't seen it but that guy does not have the jaw to play the tick.

It's supposed to look cheesy, yes.

It's not a costume though afaik. He just is The Tick. I don't recall the costume ever coming off or being able to.

Serafinowicz is a genius, get some Brit taste

He's not swole enough to play the Tick

This nigger gets it.

And you are?

not enough chin

Yeah why didn't they pick an actor who's chin is larger than his entire head?

they did that because its much easier to write

this is how retards argue

this is also how retards argue

to bad zdar is dead

he would've been perfect for the role

I'd make a better tick than this guy

post dick

Exactly.

What the fuck are you talking about?

not bad. peter is great as the tick.

Really, noone's gonna post waifu material?

youtube.com/watch?v=D9jHgrbjUL0

wish they'd just reboot the cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=-usL5TnS5PI

Patrick was excellent for it though I do like the new guy as well.

How does the costume look so shitty?

They tried too hard, it's over-designed.

Thats just perfect

That cartoon was great

>SPOOOOOON

Thats exactly the problem with the costume. Since this is a parody/satire show, why wont they just Go the extra mile with the padding in the costume. Make the actor as big as comically possible, just like Patrick Warburton The Tick was.

Nice no chin faget
Bring back the guy from soarin
He is still best for this role

no, just leave it alone, it's perfect the way it is, don't fucking sully it like everything else

I thought he was supposed to be the Tick in this! Did it fall through?

Honestly looks really good so far, Amazon's stepping up their game. The JCVD show is pretty great too.

HOW CAN DC AND MARVEL EVEN COMPETE?

They fucked up already in casting.
This guy gives more of a Bond type of a spy vibe than a parody super hero

KEEN!!

Pete nailed the Tick's attitude, his line delivery was perfect and I like how no effort the Tick's fighting style is, just like it should be.

>that time in the comics where he's in space and he thinks he's underwater so he tries to blow bubbles to find out where the surface is

Didn't mind Arthur though it sucks they had to put so much drama into it with the conspiracy theory and medication and tragic past.

Cute sister tho.

seems alright so far

Fraaaan

I'M COMING FRAN, I'M COMING.

casting is fine imo. They fucked up the outfit though

Fuck me, please!

It's okay, I give it 3/5 based on the pilot

The actor who plays the Tick wouldn't have been my first choice, and the suit looks terrible, but he's by far the best thing about the show. I never laughed while watching the pilot, but the Tick character got me to grin pretty frequently.

Arthur needs some work in the character department. I personally don't like that the creators are trying to ground the show in the sidekick. This show is called "The Tick," Arthur is the sidekick, I think it's a big mistake to turn Arthur into the main character.

We'll see how it pans out, hopefully the villains end up being more silly because right now the show is too dark. And I say that as someone who loves David Lynch, Bojack Horseman, and all sorts of dark depressing shows. The Tick is not a dark show, it has historically found depth in lighthearted laughs - which is much harder and yet more admirable, part of the reason why the Tick franchise is held in such high esteem.

Hopefully the writers can figure out what they want to do with the show, and it will improve with a bigger budget, but I have a bad feeling that this show won't make it past 2 seasons, if it even gets picked up for one

Don't diss Darth Maul, m8, i'll do ur neck in.

The one thing I remember from the cartoon are the capeshit parodies like that wonderwoman maid punisher. Did they show anything like this in the pilot?

nope, not even a Sarcastro.

The Terror was actually pretty great for his few scenes.

>that coin trick

worst character after the faggot protag

>sad panda sneezes
we Sup Forums now

She could cut him some slack considering he's got PTSD and all but she's probably been through this song and dance before.

The cop and the chick at the station were fucking cunts, even after they found out.

What?

The actor in your picture voiced Darth Maul.

Fuck this, I wanna watch the Tick cartoon. Where to?

Darth Maul is Ray Park, I couldnt give less of a fuck to a childrens star Wars cartoon

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f7e9b34b3ec320c1d778a3a3f27f7ee388acf030&dn=The+Tick.1994.Season+1-3+Complete.576p.DVDRip.x265&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Ray Park did not voice Darth Maul

That's the point that the show is trying to make. Pic related is what "superhero costumes" looked like on TV in the 90's and early 00's. Smooth, molded-muscle suits. See: The Flash (the 90's one) and the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies.
Now, "superhero suits" are hugely sculpted and detailed molded-muscle suits. The Tick is parodying the kind of suits from Man of Steel, Batman, Spiderman, etc.

Warburton was on another show at the time. Too bad they couldn't wait since the show he was on got cancelled 3 months ago.

I really can't get past the voice. It doesn't sound natural at all. It's clearly Peter S. doing a VOICE. One great thing about Warburton was his usual voice sounds like the Tick should. This voice sounds way too over-the-top coming out of that face.

Guys please stop. Everyone should be able to enjoy The Tick, no matter where they come from.

If I have to help African refugees in Somalia watch and enjoy The Tick, I will.

>Complaining about The Tick being over the top

Wait... so you're telling me... that a PARODY... is a PRODUCT of the TIME when it's made?

Just found out, about to watch it, excited.

no American Maid/Captain Liberty or Die Flatermouse/ and especially Batmanuel who was fucking hilarious in every scene in the 2001 series, no watch from me.

They must have decided Warburton was too old.

He's credited as a producer and the pilot copied some of the lines from the original series verbatim, so there must be some connection.

it was just a 30 minute pilot

If only Patrick's costume had the half-mask this would have been perfect.

I think Warburton's chubby friendly face and good natured demenaour make up for it honestly.

Why are they remaking the tick?
There's like two tv shows, both failed. How will a third one do differently?

They tried to insert an element of seriousness that just doesn't fit for me.

The actor playing The Tick was okay after I got used to him. Watching someone that isn't Patrick Warburton play The Tick is like what it would be like to watch someone that isn't Ryan Reynolds play Deadpool.

The suit is fucking terrible, though. And the show can't seem to decide if it wants to be a parody or an action comedy with dramatic undertones.

Arthur's tragic childhood story sucks compared to the original's accountant that wants to be a superhero angle.

If it gets greenlit I'll give it a shot, but I'm not optimistic based on what I've seen so far.

> How will a third one do differently?

For starters, it's not on Fox, so it already has that going for it.

because superheroes are everywhere now.

God I fucking hate The Tick. Saw it while I was sick as hell as a kid and it made me feel worse.

so you're suggesting that at best they've been reduced to cameo bit parts, I'll still pass thanks.

It's a shame you didn't die.

The world would be a bit brighter with one less person like you in it.

You should have DIED.

The tick is literally a comic book written by a 18 year old boy, it was all over the place.

>amazon

dead on arrival

just finished the pilot
seems great

It sucked. I hope they pick up Jean-Claude Van Johnson instead.

don't hope, fill out the survey

amazonpreview.com/R.aspx?a=700&as=yi1uG46dx4