Every fucking show seems to have a "reddit" type character. Even an otherwise incredible work of art like The Sopranos...

Every fucking show seems to have a "reddit" type character. Even an otherwise incredible work of art like The Sopranos. The meme character for the kiddies to quote and call their favorite.

Do you ever feel the need to talk to a professional about these delusions of persecution? It's ok. This is a safe place. Tell us where the other website touched you.

>TV show or film has a mild comic relief character
>hurr durr L I T E R A L L Y rebbid: da meme charaber!!! xDDD!!!!

Here's your (You), I guess.

The website is just a symptom of a larger ideological degeneracy.

Chrissie please. You were a piece of shit

> incredible work of art like The Sopranos.

good one op

its extremely overrated. solid 8.5/10

Is he the most patrician character?

'Reddit' literally means nothing at this point. Using it makes you sound like a moron.

At times Sup Forums itself is "more Reddit" than the actual Reddit.

If anything 'members only jacket' guy was that.

>popular shows have a popular character

Brilliant stuff op

Kill urself

The Sopranos is actually underrated since still there exists people on this planet who don't believe it is the greatest television show of all time.

Reddit = Chris
Sup Forums = Paulie

He's /ourguy/.

Provide examples.

The problem is when the character is popular because they're a meme.

Go back to Gaia, OP.

The very concept of identifying with a piece of media is reddit. Reddit = the act of connecting with a character. Reddit is to like. Sup Forums is to alienate.

'reddit' is a meme retard. Popularity is a meme.

The people who thought paulie was anything but pathetic missed the point

what the fuck does that even mean?

But he's the "basedest" "comfiest" character in television history. Didn't you see Pine Barrens?

BASED

COMFY

PAULIE

HE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD LIKE MY VIDEO GAMES.

Underrated post.

>the wire
>brba
>true detective s1
just to name a few

the sopranos used to be the best but its been surpassed

this thread

Six Feet Under doesn't. It's too good for meme teenagers/neets and reddit manchildren

The Wire was great until the disappointing season 5 which cemented it as being sub-Sopranos.

Breaking Bad and True Detective are mediocre shows that get put on a pedestal because they pander to Sup Forumseddit posting cheeto dust chugging video game players. The writing is shallow and infantile compared to The Sopranos, no matter how much flashy meme cinematography they employ.

>implying s5 of the wire is worse then season 3 of the sopranos and CUTTOBLACK

how, in anyway does good character development and writing appeal to video game players. Give me 2 examples of how the writing was shallow in any of those shows and i can give you 2 equal examples from the sopranos.

Now every decent mob show or movie are masterpieces. its all hype

Sup Forums would be Ralphie

arent masterpieces**

fuck

>Sup Forums = Ralphie
>Reddit = Vito

>damn Reddit and their memes
>GABAGOOL WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS BIG GUY FOR YOU BRAVO TARANTULA REALLY MAKES YOU THINK WE WUZ KANGS AND SHIT

CUTTOBLACK did nothing wrong.

>in anyway does good character development and writing appeal to video game players.
Breaking Bad and True Detective don't have good character development and writing. They have characters who speak in artificially dramatic memes. Any pretense of exploring any human behavior takes a back seat whenever the writers want to push their walking memes around the chessboard to get to the obligatory dramatic confrontations or set pieces. There are no human beings in these shows, with rich histories that inform their behavior. They are a shorthand delivery mechanism to provide scenes that are impressive to adolescents. I suppose the difference is whether you go to television for insightful human exploration or cool moments with intricately choreographed one take action sequences.

Season 3 of the Sopranos is better than season 5 of The Wire and also (significantly) superior to every season of Breaking Bad and True Detective. Also I don't know how you can complain about the fantastic ending to the sopranros while praising something like Breaking Bad that ended in the most pedestrian uninterestingly crowd pleasing fashion possible.

yeah, it should be like a quote NEXT to a PICTURE, like Sup Forums!

Get it right, you cucks!

no

is it fair to call something a meme if it predates meme culture or the internet in general?

>Wizard of Oz? total meme movie

>CUTTOBLACK was bad meme

If by bad you mean one of the most memorable endings ever. Literally unforgettable, here we are still talking about how the show ended almost a decade later. People who've never seen the Soprano's know how the show ends.

I find the s5 to be under appreciated. They attacked the lazyness and desperation of the media after they failed to do their due diligence by questioning the intelligence that led us into the Iraq war in favor of sensationalist distractions.

Pretty accurate prediction of things to come.

>predates meme culture
You don't know what meme means. Memes have been around since the dawn of man.

The wire is at best on par with Sopranos.

It's first and final seasons are pretty underwhelming though desu.

>1 season of a televisions

>comparing to 8 years

What?

>BrBa

Good show, but its like Pulp Fiction. Its all glitzy and cool but there isn't a ton of depth. The cliffhanger endings are weak as shit on second viewings. Also season 5 took a decent show and made it le ebin. Season 5 is such a harsh drop in quality its absurd.

in the context of internet culture, not fucking Kilroy was here.

>the D word
WHOOP THERE IT IS

>Its all glitzy and cool but there isn't a ton of depth.
This is True Detective also. The writing is serviceable at best. The merits of that show are the technical filmmaking and the performances. Anything overtly "Cinematic" is immediately labeled as a great accomplishment in television.

This. How can something be the greatest television show when its first of all discounting HALF of all episodes for the show that exist, and its total run time is 8 hours. Best season? debatable at least, but for show it can't compete. It also isn't like it was a planned 1 season run, or it got cancelled. More episodes of the show exist.

It's like saying if you skip all the bad episodes of the x-files its the greatest show ever. While true you can't just ignore that those episodes exist and are part of the cumulative rating of the X-files

But this place is the fucking meme central. Memes are acceptable. Reddit is more
>Chris Pratt is built af
>Man Anchorman 2 was hella f*ckin epic
>Dude Deadpool was so awesome I can't wait for more capeshit!
>Joker makes sense in adulthood or w/e

At least that's what I imagine Reddit is like. I don't visit the place so I have no frame of reference, as it should be.

Even purely in an internet age context. It's completely fair to accuse a piece of media that predates the creation of the website Reddit of being "reddit".

If the piece conforms to the general sensibility that resulted in the creation of the website then it is reddit. "Redditness" didn't just appear magically when the website appeared. The website appeared as a result of the "reddit" sensibilities that already existed within certain parts of society. A show can be a product of reddit. But reddit can also be the product of a show.

Shows like Arrested Development, The Simpsons and the character of Paulie in The Sopranos were the building blocks for reddit. They were part of the blueprint.

You are way too obsessed with that website, as a metaphor it sucks too.

It basically boils down to "anything that's popular is reddit"

The Russian florist Ruth dated.

In a certain sense it's impossible for anything to be popular UNLESS it's reddit. You are making the fatal error of assuming a percieved judgment based on the viewing audience rather than the reddit label being a result of innate qualities of the work itself.

Deadwood, The Wire and Mad Men are the ONLY modern shows that deserve to even be in conversation alongside The Sopranos. And if you come to me talking about Fargo, True Detective, Justified, The Shield or Breaking Bad or whatever the latest netflix flavor of the month is then I sincerely believe that the world would be a better place with you dead and I will pray for that to happen.

Wow! Nice catch. I never thought about that: the post

The Big Bang Theory is popular and reddit hates it.

I would posit the BBT is "facebook"

Seinfled:

Reddit: Kramer
Sup Forums: Costanza